Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

CM, is this true?

I was told today that the new F1 2015 for PS4 would have no career mode?  (you can drive as an existing driver only)
PLEASE tell me this is wrong??   I love F1 games and have really been looking forward to the PS4 version but I don't play online, like F1 2011,12,13 I only play single player offline career mode.

I'm hoping my friend was lying and its not true.  I want to buy F1 2015 day one!! but if  this is true, no career mode.  I would very very sadly have to miss the game and not buy it.  :(((((

Seniku said:
CM, is this true?

I was told today that the new F1 2015 for PS4 would have no career mode?  (you can drive as an existing driver only)
PLEASE tell me this is wrong??   I love F1 games and have really been looking forward to the PS4 version but I don't play online, like F1 2011,12,13 I only play single player offline career mode.

I'm hoping my friend was lying and its not true.  I want to buy F1 2015 day one!! but if  this is true, no career mode.  I would very very sadly have to miss the game and not buy it.  :(((((

Unfortunately it is looking that way. I don't like it either and I've got to admit I think it's a bad decision by CM and I'm certain it'll cost them a lot of sales including mine as without career mode I'm not likely to be buying it either. Still with P cars on the horizon I don't think missing 1 year will hurt me too much as I have plenty of other things to keep me going in the meantime.

I'm curious how bad the backlash is going to be from people who don't read forums, who buy the game expecting career mode. 
Pretty bad I would imagine as a most sports  games these days come with a career mode as standard. In fact in the past couple of days I've just started career modes on a couple of my snooker games Won 1 tournament and have got to a final on another which will certainly help my ranking points but then I've had a couple of stinkers too in that I've been knocked out straightaway.  Given P cars has a career mode it's going to take something really special I think for F1 2015 to overcome it. Without a career mode I'd suspect that'll be impossible.

Jesus!

I'm not much of a career mode player, but I feel for those who wanted it. Ridiculous omission.

What the hell? No career mode? So we go to next gen to get even less features?

Can someone explain to my why on earth they had to remove the career mode? Why on earth would I want some other pilot than me to become world champion? When I bought my first F1 game I bought it because the advertisement said I could become a world champion like Michal Schumacher.. If the advertisement would have said I could play  Michael Schumacher I would have never bought it!

I haven't bought F1 2014 because it was not next gen and I guess I won't be buying this version either. I don't know what happened at Codemasters F1 but they really seem to be clueless since a few years.

I'm curious how bad the backlash is going to be from people who don't read forums, who buy the game expecting career mode. 
Pretty bad I would imagine as a most sports  games these days come with a career mode as standard. In fact in the past couple of days I've just started career modes on a couple of my snooker games Won 1 tournament and have got to a final on another which will certainly help my ranking points but then I've had a couple of stinkers too in that I've been knocked out straightaway.  Given P cars has a career mode it's going to take something really special I think for F1 2015 to overcome it. Without a career mode I'd suspect that'll be impossible.
I think these forums could get ugly post release. I just don't see it ending well. Most people will see it in the game store and automatically expect it to have career mode,  since the previous games had it. 

Career mode is extremely important to a lot of people. I know I'm drastically less likely to get it without Career mode, I won't buy it for 60 without it that's for sure.

Just look at the amount of "###% career mode" vids on Youtube lol.

I think these forums could get ugly post release. I just don't see it ending well. Most people will see it in the game store and automatically expect it to have career mode,  since the previous games had it. 

Career mode is extremely important to a lot of people. I know I'm drastically less likely to get it without Career mode, I won't buy it for 60 without it that's for sure.

Just look at the amount of "###% career mode" vids on Youtube lol.
Neither am I. It's very important to me too as I only play single player so obviously rely a lot on that mode to keep me interested. Without it I'm not likely to buy it unless it's in a Steam sale for like £10. In fairness the rest of the game looks and sounds good but without career it's unlikely to hold my interest for very long. I'm just glad that P cars is at least sensible enough to include one. Whether it's any good we'll have to wait and see but it sounds more promising than F1 2015 atm.

Yeah Pcars looks to be the first epic racing game in a long time. Excited for it for sure.

And yeah, I ran five years of Career on 2012 before moving to 2014 just last week and I'm half way through my first season on it already.

I've completed half a season of Co-op total lol. Gonna be trying co-op on 14 soon. But will never keep up with my single player gametime.

IF they've fixed the AI so they don't have 0 tire wear and unrivaled grip in the rain, as well as having CSR wheel support on Ps4 and still have Co-op. I'll get the game (eventually).  

I agree. Ill probably get sick of it without seeing my own name on screen. I guess I'll just play  Project Cars 

Yeah Pcars looks to be the first epic racing game in a long time. Excited for it for sure.

And yeah, I ran five years of Career on 2012 before moving to 2014 just last week and I'm half way through my first season on it already.

I've completed half a season of Co-op total lol. Gonna be trying co-op on 14 soon. But will never keep up with my single player gametime.

IF they've fixed the AI so they don't have 0 tire wear and unrivaled grip in the rain, as well as having CSR wheel support on Ps4 and still have Co-op. I'll get the game (eventually).  
yeah I've done multiple career modes on the older ones (and will likely continue to do so) in fact got career modes on 2010 and 2014 on the go as well as I've been alternating between the 2 games just about to start my 3rd season on 2010 and just started my second on 2014 as last time I played that I did race 1 in Australia. kind of ironically though I'm racing for the same team in both in Sauber. I didn't intend my careers to play out that way it just happened. Finishe4d near the back end in Aus but it was still fun

I'll never understand WHY all the games from CM weren't just a straight evolution of the F1 2010...everybody loved the game..all 3 FP, carreer mode, interviews, paddock style menus, 7-year carreer lenght,..they could just polish it and by now we would have everything everyone is asking for plus new animations like podium and driver celebrations, classic cars and tracks, all that with stunnig graphics , almost bug free and better AI.in other words, almost a perfect F1 game..why did they decide to take the harder way and year after year making people upset?

tMansell said:
I'll never understand WHY all the games from CM weren't just a straight evolution of the F1 2010...everybody loved the game..all 3 FP, carreer mode, interviews, paddock style menus, 7-year carreer lenght,..they could just polish it and by now we would have everything everyone is asking for plus new animations like podium and driver celebrations, classic cars and tracks, all that with stunnig graphics , almost bug free and better AI.in other words, almost a perfect F1 game..why did they decide to take the harder way and year after year making people upset?
I think ew'd all like the answer to that as the series got off to such a promising start it's such a shame CM haven't found a way to capitalise on it. Aside from Grid Autosport last year I don't think CM have come close to really hitting the nail on the head with delivering a great product in their racing games yes Grid 2 and the Dirt games are good fun and I do enjoy them but none of them meet the kind of quality I see in F1 2010 and Autosport.

I've kept track of my stats (poles/wins/podiums/top5s/10s for each track and team) outside the game, so when I went from 2012-2014 I stuck with ferrari for a second season.

I went Toro rosso (0 wins 11 races) Sauber (18 wins 29 races) Marussia (11wins 20 races - when I did this one I dropped the difficulty and didn't use DRS as a rule) Mclaren (15 wins 20 races) and Ferrari (11wins 20 races in 2012 and a combined 17 wins 28 races across both games.)

My stat tracking habit has made me know what tracks I faired better or worse at. 

Canada was by far my worst with 1 win being my only top 5 in 5 races lol. In 2014 I dominated my first race there, which was weird lol.

I've kept track of my stats (poles/wins/podiums/top5s/10s for each track and team) outside the game, so when I went from 2012-2014 I stuck with ferrari for a second season.

I went Toro rosso (0 wins 11 races) Sauber (18 wins 29 races) Marussia (11wins 20 races - when I did this one I dropped the difficulty and didn't use DRS as a rule) Mclaren (15 wins 20 races) and Ferrari (11wins 20 races in 2012 and a combined 17 wins 28 races across both games.)

My stat tracking habit has made me know what tracks I faired better or worse at. 

Canada was by far my worst with 1 win being my only top 5 in 5 races lol. In 2014 I dominated my first race there, which was weird lol.
Canada's one of my strongest tracks I'd say Australia and Monaco are probably my weakest along with Japan. But then I've always struggled at Suzuka in car racing games I can do OK on a Moto GP game I've got where you race there but of course that's bikes not cars

They better put an embargo for reviews on it until release. I'm pretty sure the missing career mode will lead to a huge devaluation.

Just had a thought, that if there is no career mode i bet there is not a bunch of helmets to select for online racing, as the helmet you choose before use to cover online, career & time trial. Hope online we can still be our own character/driver or codemasters you may have loss another sale.

Sorry Codemasters but this was the final straw. I have been defending all your F1 games up to 2014 and there it stopped for me. Not releasing F1 on next gen while there were no racing games on next gen was a big mistake. But removing career is the biggest mistake ever! It's the the second season in a row you will be asking yourself "why don't they buy our F1 games anymore?" I could have understood if you would have released F1 2014 without Career mode. We could have argued that it was not ideal but because there were no race games at all back then you could have pulled it of. But today there are some good racing games and in a few weeks a racing game with (fantasy) formula 1 in it. Why would we even bother for a formula 1 license that doesn't even support your own career?

Sorry Codemasters but I'm really done with your stupid decisions regarding the F1 series. The best F1 game you made was called "Be the driver, live the life".  Just look at that title when your accountant gives you the news there are no profits anymore from the F1 series. 

the career mode as we know it wont be part of the game e.g. your own player, instead you will play as a current driver, tbh im not to bothered seeing as after 1 season of career i was already bored of it and for me multiplayer is far more important 

That's no career mode. That's someone else's career mode. I'm not buying an F1 game where I can't become world champion. This is the most ridiculous decision even made by codemasters and they will know it when they will notice the poor sales.

From my local friends no one except one will still buy the game. That means less than 30% will buy the game since they heard it has no career. 

I might pick it up later in the year and after Christmas second hand but I won't be getting the game when it is new. I cannot understand how they thought removing career mode was a good idea. It was the only thing for people that didn't play multiplayer that added any kind of re-playability to any of their previous games. It would be like a Call of Duty without a campaign mode, or like a racing game without a cockpit ca....oh.

I know we don't know everything about the game yet (and doesn't look like we will for a while - good old Codies promotional work going well again) but so far I can't work out what they have been doing with their time. I get how long it takes to build everything from scratch etc, but scrapping features and not seemingly having any new ones, especially the absence of a headline feature/game mode to promote makes the game look already like its going to be a flop

I'm on the fence on this one. I play career 9 out of 10 times playing the game. But the advancement of next-gen capabilities are hard to ignore completely. So I'll probably get it in the discount bin for 75% off.

I find it a wierd decision for CM to not include career, especially with both 2014 and 2015 in the game. It would have been awesome to start in 2014 and actually continue to 2015. Plus I really like the challenge of starting with a smaller teams and trying to attract the attention of the bigger teams.

The new game modes like "Pro season" is simply a single championship with 1 camera and no assists, we had this option in every iteration so far. Only thing new is that it's a separate game-mode now with the options taken out. Which some would take as a step for CM to be more Sim, but I simply see as CM cutting cornings. Making a new game mode with the minimum effort possible.

I have played every iteration so far of CM's F1 games, but I am really starting to hope they loose the license after next year. They clearly lack vision and direction for this game. As someone mentioned before, if they had simply stuck with 2010 and improved it each year, we would have a killer game right now. Instead each year we loose options and modes, and the new modes are simply more scenario's on stuff we already had.