Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

dirt3joe said:
You have to look at when the first next gen dev kits were made available to developers. IIRC these were first made available to developers in April 2013, so it's reasonable to assume CM have had them since then. I remember at the time of release of 2013 there was some debate over whether it would be released on PS4/XB1.

I don't think he's trying to shill Pcars. He just doesn't understand where the bulk of the development work is on a game development project. It's easy in your head to say "this game has two cars and two tracks and this other one has one car and one track" therefore game 1 has 4x as much development time as game 2. In reality it's not like that at all.
I had a chance to visit Codies in February this year to try out DiRT Rally. During my visit I saw Lee Mather collect some next-gen dev kits from the Southam HQ. I'm pretty sure they've had other units before when developing the new engine, but I don't think they've many of them at the start of roll-out of new consoles.

Codies have admitted that they underestimated the take-up rate of the next gen consoles: PS4 and XOne. I think in the end it all comes down to the fact that the F1 dev team in Birmingham is not as big as people may think and developing a brand new engine was simply difficult and time-consuming.

So much so that the game is being approved quite late on by FOM, there is little hype generated and the game was delayed by a month.

Added to that the team didn't have enough time/resources and has made design decisions, which resulted in a lack of Career mode as we used to know it.

Time will tell whether it all pays off. I strongly believe if the core of the game: authentic and engaging handling, fluid gameplay and decent graphics, good AI and solid multiplayer is good then the word of mouth will do the marketing and the game will sell well over time.

The lack of info is quite worrying and I personally won't be buying on day 1 (I'd like to hear and read some feedback first), but I'm keeping an open mind and I do hope it turns out very well.

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
Well I guess the person that has mentioned pCARS the most in this thread is you! Well done  :p

Pathetic...

When you've grown up a little, then maybe you can present factual evidence that actually exists - Your comment is both ridiculous and childish...

Just an observation mate. No need to start insulting me

(Here we go again...*SIGH*)

How have I insulted you...?

I merely referenced the childish comment you made, making ridiculous accusations for no apparent reason??? -

What exactly prompted you to post such a comment?...Or why you felt the need to make such a comment...?

Lastly, for your information, if you would consider thinking a little before making such a post, it would help if you would present your complete findings with actual facts, rather than making comments that serve nothing of a constructive nature.

It might well be that you have had these 'observations' as you quite eloquently put it, however, it doesn't mean you have to post everything you think of saying, just in simple terms of trying to create these petty squabbles that have been very apparent in the last few weeks...

I have nothing more to say on this matter and would kindly like to return to viewing this thread for its intentions...

Thankyou.

Once again! Stop insulting me! I really don't like your tone.

mmpaw37 said:
Well I guess the person that has mentioned pCARS the most in this thread is you! Well done  :p

Pathetic...

When you've grown up a little, then maybe you can present factual evidence that actually exists - Your comment is both ridiculous and childish...

And blanking out P**** like its some sort of forbidden word isn't childish at all is it.

And on top of that he's probably right. Considering how much you hate Project Cars you do talk about it an awful lot. You're like someone who's just been dumped and says "yeah I'm over it", then they go home and they've got shrines everywhere of their ex.

dirt3joe said:
You have to look at when the first next gen dev kits were made available to developers. IIRC these were first made available to developers in April 2013, so it's reasonable to assume CM have had them since then. I remember at the time of release of 2013 there was some debate over whether it would be released on PS4/XB1.

I don't think he's trying to shill Pcars. He just doesn't understand where the bulk of the development work is on a game development project. It's easy in your head to say "this game has two cars and two tracks and this other one has one car and one track" therefore game 1 has 4x as much development time as game 2. In reality it's not like that at all.
I had a chance to visit Codies in February this year to try out DiRT Rally. During my visit I saw Lee Mather collect some next-gen dev kits from the Southam HQ. I'm pretty sure they've had other units before when developing the new engine, but I don't think they've many of them at the start of roll-out of new consoles.

Codies have admitted that they underestimated the take-up rate of the next gen consoles: PS4 and XOne. I think in the end it all comes down to the fact that the F1 dev team in Birmingham is not as big as people may think and developing a brand new engine was simply difficult and time-consuming.

So much so that the game is being approved quite late on by FOM, there is little hype generated and the game was delayed by a month.

Added to that the team didn't have enough time/resources and has made design decisions, which resulted in a lack of Career mode as we used to know it.

Time will tell whether it all pays off. I strongly believe if the core of the game: authentic and engaging handling, fluid gameplay and decent graphics, good AI and solid multiplayer is good then the word of mouth will do the marketing and the game will sell well over time.

The lack of info is quite worrying and I personally won't be buying on day 1 (I'd like to hear and read some feedback first), but I'm keeping an open mind and I do hope it turns out very well.
I also had the feeling last year that they underestimated the pick up rate of the next gen consoles. I was really surprised they didn't have a next gen version of F1 2014 whilst I noticed almost all my friends had switched to next gen consoles and Sony was even breaking records in sales. 

I'm convinced that F1 2016 will be the game we always wanted but until now I'm still not convinced this year's edition is a must buy. Like many of us I have my hands full with that other racing game. I will surely pick it up once discounted. I think it's a pity as I know CM has F1 in their hearts but they have been making a lot of wrong discisons in the last 2 years

dirt3joe said:

I also had the feeling last year that they underestimated the pick up rate of the next gen consoles. I was really surprised they didn't have a next gen version of F1 2014 whilst I noticed almost all my friends had switched to next gen consoles and Sony was even breaking records in sales. 

I'm convinced that F1 2016 will be the game we always wanted but until now I'm still not convinced this year's edition is a must buy. Like many of us I have my hands full with that other racing game. I will surely pick it up once discounted. I think it's a pity as I know CM has F1 in their hearts but they have been making a lot of wrong discisons in the last 2 years
First out of anything is never that great, so I agree 2016 is likely to be much better than 2015. That goes for any product. I don't know so much about the internal workings of consoles but I do know that XB1 and PS4 are much more similar to PC and each than before. PS3 in particular was very different I think in terms of optimisation. It makes sense to move onto the new architecture because you are making the engine homogeneous across platforms, and there is going to be a lot of benefit in that.

For CM the decision I see is whether or not they can get back the dev cost of the engine (which must be huge) on the limited number of games they push out. So for example Ubisoft have got loads of games that use the same core engine tech, but CM much fewer, so their ability to capitalise on the engine development is much less. 

I don't know how much the graphics engines are separated from the physics engine, but it must have been a fairly major commercial decision to decide to go ahead with new engines. This may have delayed things a bit. Most devs are also struggling with performance issues on the new consoles. A lot of people would argue that locked 60fps @ 1080p was going to be the signature resolution on this gen, but it's clear that nearly all developers have struggled with this, even on the sony platform which has the more powerful gpu. The F1 games have always been touted as simcade rather than sim, and because of this high quality graphics has been much more important. I would say Cm on last gen had the best graphics of any racing game producer, and my guess is they want to try to maintain this lead, or at least have parity with the best on the market. That sort of performance is going to cost.

I think the most likely cause of delays is due to achieving performance. If codies achieve 60fps locked at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on xb1 with decent effects then that is something to boast about and well worth having. AFAICT only FH5 has achieved this so far. The other possibility is that no-one mentions on here is that the new software is a lot more life like than the old stuff, in terms of driver representation etc, and as a result it maybe extra rounds of approvals were needed to sign things off. 

I think F1 2015 is just another F1 2010 with bare bone features, thats why i don't mind skipping it this year and buying it maybe 2016/17 depending on the progress Codemasters make. But for now there is plenty of other games that blow away the Codies franchise to a pulp. And with Project Cars opening the doors to real good sims, Asetto Corsa coming out next year, there is plenty of material to keep us busy for at least the next two years. And who knows who else will jump into the wagon. Who knows maybe someday rfactor 3 for Xbox One and PS4, Iracing for consoles,  ect ect Codies are going to bite the dust if that ever happens. . 

@mmpaw37 

I don't know man.. last i read this is the Formula 1 general discussing area, maybe Codies should rewrite the title to this area. it should not be limited to only Codies games. (weakness). Project Cars falls into Formula category.I sort of get what you are saying because this area is limited to only Codies games. It says so in the title category to this forum. But i think people really should be able to discuss whatever they want as long as its not stepping over the line. And its not like they are trying to shame anyone, yeah sure i test the lines all the time because im SUPER angry at Codies.

But I think they know half of the time im right, that is the only thing keeping me from getting banned in this forum. Plus my passion to get the sort of game we are all screaming for speaks for itself. These forums should be more open to ANY discussion of ANY racing game. Why not? it might even benefit them in some way getting ideas from other games (not saying Codies should be copy cats and copy every other game). But when a little poor studio like SlightlyMadStudios comes along that had to get funding from strangers and manages to be better at a game then a middle class company such as Codemasters (middle class lets say cause Codies could never compare to the big guys like Sony or EA) means they are doing "something" right. So anyway i doubt it hurts anyone to talk about Project Cars... Codies could learn a lot from them. However... your point is 100% valid. 

dirt3joe said:

Yeah I agree I'll likely be skipping 2015 and hoping 2016 hits the mark. I admit I'm really impessed by the graphics and all and that might be enough to encourage me to pick it up on the cheap later on in a sale or something. At full price however they can forget it though as I need better gameplay options for that

Zombie said:
@mmpaw37 

I don't know man.. last i read this is the Formula 1 general discussing area, maybe Codies should rewrite the title to this area. it should not be limited to only Codies games. (weakness). Project Cars falls into Formula category.I sort of get what you are saying because this area is limited to only Codies games. It says so in the title category to this forum. But i think people really should be able to discuss whatever they want as long as its not stepping over the line. And its not like they are trying to shame anyone, yeah sure i test the lines all the time because im SUPER angry at Codies.

But I think they know half of the time im right, that is the only thing keeping me from getting banned in this forum. Plus my passion to get the sort of game we are all screaming for speaks for itself. These forums should be more open to ANY discussion of ANY racing game. Why not? it might even benefit them in some way getting ideas from other games (not saying Codies should be copy cats and copy every other game). But when a little poor studio like SlightlyMadStudios comes along that had to get funding from strangers and manages to be better at a game then a middle class company such as Codemasters (middle class lets say cause Codies could never compare to the big guys like Sony or EA) means they are doing "something" right. So anyway i doubt it hurts anyone to talk about Project Cars... Codies could learn a lot from them. However... your point is 100% valid. 

Comparing Codies games to other's of similar ilk is fine in this section I think. However I will point out that there is both a game thread and a Pcars thread both in the Off topic section of this very forum. If you want to talk about those games specifically in a way that is not related to CM's games then in truth that's the place on here to go do it. That is if you still want to do it on here.

mmpaw37 said:
Zombie said:
mmpaw37 said:
Hello there folks!

Quick apology on my side as I was visiting family this past week so I have only just got back into the office this morning. 

As for the Project Cars discussion, in a thread such as this, discussion surround the career mode in the game and comparisons between that and the F1 games are fine in my eyes, as long as it is on-topic and civil. If the thread strays into a discussion purely about Project Cars then something might have to be done. For now, everything is (mostly) fine. 

Again, I know you want info, and it's not great we haven't been able to communicate with you as much as I'd personally like, but some of that isn't under our control (I know, you hear this a lot, but it's true).

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) and obviously as always on Twitter.

Thanks @LiteralZero, although to be fair, certain threads including this one has become mainly a Pcars discussion group..., and how can people compare it to F1 2015 when clearly they are not the same game...?

However, you're the manager so its in your hands; any mention or post is happen to view in relation to 'that' title I will just pass by...

So, Questions...Mmmm, let me think...

The podium celebrations..., what can we expect to see in regards to them? - Do they differ in any way from podium to podium, the drivers reactions etc...?

Your logic is off... nobody is trying to compare project cars with f1 2015 (because the game is just not out yet..also the lack of info)... we are however trying to compare it to some of the past Codies titles. 

That's exactly my point though...How can all this talk about Project C**P have anything to do with F1 2015 at this moment in time as we haven't seen the game in its entirety as of yet, and therefore F1 2015 could  be leaps above what we've all been expecting!...

...And by the way, trying to compare a 'Next-gen' title such as PC*** to 'Old-gen' titles is completely redundant in itself...

(Even the development team behind F1 2015 are stating 'faults' in the handling characteristics of PC***! :)

But we have seen pCARS in it's entirety and we can say SMS did a very good job. This is the thread about F1 2015 having no career mode and we know that F1 2015 does not have a career mode.  So why the hell can't we say SMS did a better job on the Formula classes career mode?

And why are you using the pCARS name like it is some kind of filthy word? I really wonder what your gripe is with pCARS? If you are a motorsports fan or even only a F1 2015 fan you really should have some respect for SMS. 

When I am at the SMS forum I never talk bad about Codemasters F1 series because there is lot's of stuff Codemasters does better than SMS.
I like Project Cars, but the career mode is shallow and a poor substitute for the depth and strategies you get in a dedicated f1 focused game really. The regulations in pcars aren't consistent, like AI cars not obeying blue flags. There's no safety car and debris stays on track after a wreck, The AI also isn't affected by rain, and strategies are further thrown out by the awfully clunky pitting.

bkfount said:
mmpaw37 said:
Zombie said:
mmpaw37 said:
Hello there folks!

Quick apology on my side as I was visiting family this past week so I have only just got back into the office this morning. 

As for the Project Cars discussion, in a thread such as this, discussion surround the career mode in the game and comparisons between that and the F1 games are fine in my eyes, as long as it is on-topic and civil. If the thread strays into a discussion purely about Project Cars then something might have to be done. For now, everything is (mostly) fine. 

Again, I know you want info, and it's not great we haven't been able to communicate with you as much as I'd personally like, but some of that isn't under our control (I know, you hear this a lot, but it's true).

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) and obviously as always on Twitter.

Thanks @LiteralZero, although to be fair, certain threads including this one has become mainly a Pcars discussion group..., and how can people compare it to F1 2015 when clearly they are not the same game...?

However, you're the manager so its in your hands; any mention or post is happen to view in relation to 'that' title I will just pass by...

The podium celebrations..., what can we expect to see in regards to them? - Do they differ in any way from podium to podium, the drivers reactions etc...?

Your logic is off... nobody is trying to compare project cars with f1 2015 (because the game is just not out yet..also the lack of info)... we are however trying to compare it to some of the past Codies titles. 

That's exactly my point though...How can all this talk about Project C**P have anything to do with F1 2015 at this moment in time as we haven't seen the game in its entirety as of yet, and therefore F1 2015 could  be leaps above what we've all been expecting!...

...And by the way, trying to compare a 'Next-gen' title such as PC*** to 'Old-gen' titles is completely redundant in itself...

(Even the development team behind F1 2015 are stating 'faults' in the handling characteristics of PC***! :)

But we have seen pCARS in it's entirety and we can say SMS did a very good job. This is the thread about F1 2015 having no career mode and we know that F1 2015 does not have a career mode.  So why the hell can't we say SMS did a better job on the Formula classes career mode?

And why are you using the pCARS name like it is some kind of filthy word? I really wonder what your gripe is with pCARS? If you are a motorsports fan or even only a F1 2015 fan you really should have some respect for SMS. 

When I am at the SMS forum I never talk bad about Codemasters F1 series because there is lot's of stuff Codemasters does better than SMS.
I like Project Cars, but the career mode is shallow and a poor substitute for the depth and strategies you get in a dedicated f1 focused game really. The regulations in pcars aren't consistent, like AI cars not obeying blue flags. There's no safety car and debris stays on track after a wreck, The AI also isn't affected by rain, and strategies are further thrown out by the awfully clunky pitting.

True, if F1 2015 would have a real career mode I would be sure it would be way better than the pCARS career mode is. pCARS is flawed in many ways. But most of what you are saying is being worked on. Safety car is coming, AI will be improved to follow the rules etc.

My biggest complaint about the pCARS career mode is that all AI are equal. There are no Hamilton's, Vettel's, Alonso's, ... They all make a chance of winning what make championships easy to win as they have no consistency in winning races. It's all very random.

Not to change the subject here but I have a question for @Literalzero what's the story on the multiplayer situation. The online lobbies are they to be sixteen as we've seen in the past or are we going to see 20 man lobby in the future can somebody answer this please?   

bkfount said:
mmpaw37 said:
Zombie said:
mmpaw37 said:
Hello there folks!

True but given that P cars is not F1 specific i9s what sets it apart at least for me it's more like a Grid Autosport style game with next gen features at least that's how I see Pcars. I do really enjoy the game a lot but ultimately that's how I see it. It's not going to have F1 rules because it's no0t supposed to be F1 specific if it was then it would have them. P cars was designed to be a more general motorsport game not specific to any certain discipline. If it were like that then like C|M's games it would contain  the rules it's just a more general racing title.

mmpaw37 said:
Zombie said:
@mmpaw37 

Thank you for this!...I appreciate you taking my point of view (from my perspective at least).

However, It has been confirmed by both @PeteTheDuck and @LiteralZero, that this forum is mainly focused on discussion groups aimed at the F1 series of titles by Codemasters...But they have said talk of Pcars is fine here as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

My only gripe for me personally is, when you think about it, it becomes a little depressing at times which is why I tend to move on from those post about that title.

However, when other members begin to accuse and troll towards my direction just for the sake of doing it to try and begin some pathetic squabble, I have to then step in and make my point...otherwise I wouldn't bother making a post at all on the subject!.

As I've stated before; If members wish to discuss Pcars then fine, I have NO control over that whatsoever - But this forum is about Codemasters titles, and when all you read about are comparisons(which are pointless at this stage) and how Pcars looks and plays, I personally find it both disrespectful and dare I say it...annoying.

Again, but like I said, I have stated I will bypass those posts with any mention to Pcars to a certain extent; If I am referenced in anyway which I find insulting/trolling or incorrect, I have to make my opinions clear on the matter...

I think many misunderstand my posts at times, however it is in plain English so I am tad baffled why they can't be understood...?

Well maybe Codemasters will benefit from all this pCARS stuff on this forum. Good SEO :D  I really can't see why it is so bad people are talking and comparing pCARS to the CM F1 series? All people on here forums are race enthousiasts and video gamers. They are talking about their passion.  That's how it should be. It's pre-release time so what else is their to discuss. There is nothing to be discussed about as there is so little information and almost no video. So what you basically are saying is nobody should post one thing. You can't ask questions because we know there are no answers and there is almost nothing known so nothing to discuss. 

Be patient till release date and this entire forum will all be about pCARS ...

___ I meant F1 2015  :p

I can't wait to play F1 2015. From all the videos and information i've seen, the game looks great. I cant wait to play a 5 season career mode and work my way up from Manor to Mercedes and be team mates with Hamilton. 

mmpaw37 said:

Well maybe Codemasters will benefit from all this pCARS stuff on this forum. Good SEO :D  I really can't see why it is so bad people are talking and comparing pCARS to the CM F1 series? All people on here forums are race enthousiasts and video gamers. They are talking about their passion.  That's how it should be. It's pre-release time so what else is their to discuss. There is nothing to be discussed about as there is so little information and almost no video. So what you basically are saying is nobody should post one thing. You can't ask questions because we know there are no answers and there is almost nothing known so nothing to discuss. 

Be patient till release date and this entire forum will all be about pCARS ...

___ I meant F1 2015  :p

Do you actually read what I post...?

I'll say it again in a way that you hopefully will understand it..., I have never said people can't talk about Pcars, and I have stated on numerous occasions that if I view any post that delves into that title, then I will just bypass it.

What's more, there are forums available which correspond to Pcars, which is why I don't see the need to create a 'discussion group'  here within the 'F1 General Discussion forum by Codemasters'...

Anyway, I am exhausted with keep trying to keep up with this silly tirade of baseless arguments which serve no purpose whatsoever...

I'm done...but thanks for the effort.

I have read your posts and also your previous posts. You were even demanding that moderators would do something about it.  The biggest problem with all your posts is how rude you are to other people that not share your opinion. You keep insisting that everyone else is childish, stupid, ...

Maybe if you could be more polite to others you wouldn't get so much negative response. Even the moderators said they see no problem, still you keep insisting there is one.  The problem is between your ears not on this forum.

I feel a sense of deja vu writing this!

Once again, there is no problem with anyone discussing Project CARS in this forum, as long as it is related in some way to F1 games.

People are allowed to have their opinions, it's a free world and I honestly think some people are taking opposite opinions too seriously. There's no need to say someone is being 'pathetic' or 'ridiculous' or 'childish' or 'stupid' for having a different opinion.

It's funny how these squabbles always seem to involve the same members too...

OMG is he still at it if you dont like what we are all writing DONT READ THIS TOPIC ok the fact is were all annoyed that CM  is  chucking out a MUCH LOVED game mode thats been the central part  of there games  for 5 years  we are placeing it next  to PCARS coz both are nxt gan racers  and PCARS has f1 or fA  and that has the game mode  that CM have ditched the fact is people NEED to know what CM have done may save them a wasted purchise on this castrated  car crash of a game looks nice so dose a supermodel with an std oh moderator STOP cencoring peoples comments U TOOK DOWN MY LAST POST  not happy  

gmd282 said:
the fact is people NEED to know what CM have done may save them a wasted purchise on this castrated  car crash of a game
The people who *need* to know before they buy presumably won't therefore have preordered, and will be happy enough to make their decision based on reviews when the game is released. Hardly worth getting in a tizzy about.

44.99 is a lot of  money to loos and cmon u realy think CM wont put a review embargo on it oh CM PCARS just hit 1 million units sold so hope you  have a good  add team to push it good luck on that one.

Oh and AFTER 5 years most people will assune carrear will still be  the game .

mmpaw this thread IS the right place its YOU that is having a tempor tantrum were all writing on the no career mode thats missing from F1 2015  pcars has one so we use that  to compare it to and READ THE THREAD  TITLE  M8  BEFORE U WRITE UTTER CRAP

mmpaw37 said:
gmd282 said:
mmpaw this thread IS the right place its YOU that is having a tempor tantrum were all writing on the no career mode thats missing from F1 2015  pcars has one so we use that  to compare it to and READ THE THREAD  TITLE  M8  BEFORE U WRITE UTTER CRAP

Didn't I state this discussion has ended...? - Your intelligence is shocking...

I don't quite see how you can expect a discussion to end when you post things like 'when you've grown up a little', or when you call other people's comments 'pathetic'. Calling someone's intelligence 'shocking' as well. isn't that's surely just begging for a response?!

You've made your dislike for Project CARS very clear, and that you have a dislike for people discussing the game here. Myself and LiteralZero have said many times now that we have no problem with people doing that, just as long as it relates to some F1 discussion, and that's what's happened so far. I myself have said that at least three times now.

mmpaw37 said:
I feel a sense of deja vu writing this!

Once again, there is no problem with anyone discussing Project CARS in this forum, as long as it is related in some way to F1 games.

People are allowed to have their opinions, it's a free world and I honestly think some people are taking opposite opinions too seriously. There's no need to say someone is being 'pathetic' or 'ridiculous' or 'childish' or 'stupid' for having a different opinion.

It's funny how these squabbles always seem to involve the same members too...

Thing is though @PeteTheDuck, it isn't me that instigates these squabbles...:/

I have always said people are entitled to their opinion, and I stick to that sentiment. However, just because I stated that I don't personally like Pcars, I was engulfed by accusations and insinuations directed my way; which explains my 'request' for the Pcars discussion to be moved to a more appropriate forum.

I have accepted that it has been made clear members can talk about Pcars, and that's fine.

End of discussion I think...lets get back on topic shall we...