Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

Come on guys lets be honest, no one actually ever played Career Mode, so why have it in the game. Scenario mode was the best by far and the only feature anyone played from 2010-14. More Scenarios CM and no Career or Online, give the fans what they want!

JJRosso said:
Come on guys lets be honest, no one actually ever played Career Mode, so why have it in the game. Scenario mode was the best by far and the only feature anyone played from 2010-14. More Scenarios CM and no Career or Online, give the fans what they want!
That might be your opinion, but that isn't fact. Career mode was the game mode I played 95% of the time from 2010-2014, and judging by the reaction to having no career mode on here others are the same. I personally never bothered with scenario mode, on any game. They have no re-playability what so ever

JJRosso said:
http://cf.chucklesnetwork.com/items/3/8/8/0/1/original/i-dont-always-face-palm-but-when-i-do-its-because-of-dumb-xxxx-l.jpg

JJRosso said:
This is an outright lie.  I always played career, from F1 2010,11,12,13.   I never play online and I never play scenarios as it does not interest me.
in F1 2012 alone I played through the 5 years of career mode more than 10 times!

I'm very unhappy and sad to see my friend is correct and theres no career mode.  I have been looking forward to F1 on my next gen system (PS4) but now I will have to skip this game totally and either stick to F1 2013 on my 360 or go buy Project CARS.

BIG mistake Codemasters, this is going to upset a lot of ppl who dont play online, you're going to lose more customers than just me.   very very disappointed and I see no logical reason for doing this.  I would have been happier if you'd kept career and scrapped online multiplayer.

:( :( :(

Is it possible for CM to add career as a DLC, but not charge us for it
As much as I'd love them too I'd doubt they would they may bring it back for 2016 assuming they still have the license then if they do then I'll be back but for now it's a no deal from me

Can anyone recall an F1 game in the last 15-20 years that didn't feature career mode? 

VDV23 said:
Can anyone recall an F1 game in the last 15-20 years that didn't feature career mode? 

The early PS1 games didn't and neither did the Geoff Crammond games but pretty much since the late PS2 days and all of CM's games up until now have had a career mode.

But then as I said in an earlier post  most sports games these days come with it as standard. I think most companies realise these days it's just as important to attract the single player crowd as it is for those that like to go online with the game. I don't use the online section and personally I couldn't really care less about it. I know that area is popular and fair enough.  But for a game series to have career mode all the way through from the get go and then to suddenly ditch it for me has got to be one of the most stupidest decisions I've ever heard. Especially given it's the core element of a good single player experience.

VDV23 said:
All of Psygnosis/Studio Liverpools games from 1995 up until 2003. EA's F1 games(?) with the exception of Career Challenge (obviously). 

Although that's beside the point. A lack of career mode is an awful idea, but if the gameplay is great because of it's omission then that's a positive thing as we could then fully expect it to return for the next game once they've got the foundations for the new engine down. I'd personally have not bothered with Pro Season and put the career mode in for this game and then add Pro Season for the next game though really. (Though if Pro Season acts like a career mode of sorts with R&D and the like to make each season different then I'd prefer that).

This is all assuming of course that Career has actually been cut. Despite the evidence stacking up against it it's not actually been confirmed yet.

They'll probably bring back carreer mode next year as a NEW feature! Never will understand why not just polish year after year F12010...NEVER.

I've kept track of my stats (poles/wins/podiums/top5s/10s for each track and team) outside the game, so when I went from 2012-2014 I stuck with ferrari for a second season.

I went Toro rosso (0 wins 11 races) Sauber (18 wins 29 races) Marussia (11wins 20 races - when I did this one I dropped the difficulty and didn't use DRS as a rule) Mclaren (15 wins 20 races) and Ferrari (11wins 20 races in 2012 and a combined 17 wins 28 races across both games.)

My stat tracking habit has made me know what tracks I faired better or worse at. 

Canada was by far my worst with 1 win being my only top 5 in 5 races lol. In 2014 I dominated my first race there, which was weird lol.
Canada's one of my strongest tracks I'd say Australia and Monaco are probably my weakest along with Japan. But then I've always struggled at Suzuka in car racing games I can do OK on a Moto GP game I've got where you race there but of course that's bikes not cars
Aus Im not great at but not bad, finished podium most races there. Worse at Suzuka lol only 3 podiums out of 5 races with 2 wins. I am pretty good at Monaco thoug,  5 out of six I've won :P though the last one I did quite a bit of blocking as it was a rain race, and AI cheat in the rain on 2014 lol. 

There are other tracks where I only have 1-2 wins but most of them I've been on podium 4-5 times and just didn't manage a win. Spa for instance, one win but even finished top 5 there in Toro rosso when I first started the game (only had 2 top 5s in a 11 races with them lol) I just kept losing due to poor luck luck. Felt good to finally have a clean race and win in my final season of F1 2012.

In reality, I'm no where near as good as most of the people I see on Youtube. Lol. But I've been improving a lot and I enjoy it offline. 
JJRosso said:

You gave yourself away to the trained eye when you said no one cared about career OR online. One or the other I would have taken you seriously. Though more likely to take you seriously if you said only career then only online. Because typically its the only online players who think modes that don't cater to them don't matter.

It's kind of ironic that the people who want to play with others are generally the most self serving/selfish and don't care about any other playstyle.

same here really I'm usually at my strongest where I've got a nice long straight and I can throw one u the inside and get past the AI. I donj't think I cfould get away 7with it against human opponents but I can against AI as I'm not exactly the smoothest driver either. This one of the main reasons why I stick to offline modes because I don't have the quickest of reaction times but also because I only have 1 hand on the controls because of my disability I can't pu8ll off fancy tricks lke many others can either in games. I've often got my butt handed to me in games like ||Fifa and that by my brother so I know I'm not that good. When it cvomes to thinking games like Snooker though I've probably got the edge on him. |Especially as I have won the odd tournament on my snooker games and quite a few century breaks as well in fact got one a couple of days ago 104 I think I finished on I think my highest is about 110 or 116 I've never made a 147 (maximum)though. But then when it comes to that sort of game my disability doesn't really hamper me as it's more of a strategy game than a speed one.

I have all all the F1 games since 2010, but if there is no career mode I'm definitely not buying it.

I told everyone when the first information was released. Nobody believed me. "You have no proof, you don't work for Codemasters, nobody has said there won't be career mode, it's not official!" 

Awong124 said:
I have all all the F1 games since 2010, but if there is no career mode I'm definitely not buying it.

I'm pretty sure I won't be either

Sector4 said:
I told everyone when the first information was released. Nobody believed me. "You have no proof, you don't work for Codemasters, nobody has said there won't be career mode, it's not official!" 

In fairness though then it probably wasn't official as no one was really clear as to what the game was aboutit is pretty much official now though I think

same here really I'm usually at my strongest where I've got a nice long straight and I can throw one u the inside and get past the AI. I donj't think I cfould get away 7with it against human opponents but I can against AI as I'm not exactly the smoothest driver either. This one of the main reasons why I stick to offline modes because I don't have the quickest of reaction times but also because I only have 1 hand on the controls because of my disability I can't pu8ll off fancy tricks lke many others can either in games. I've often got my butt handed to me in games like ||Fifa and that by my brother so I know I'm not that good. When it cvomes to thinking games like Snooker though I've probably got the edge on him. |Especially as I have won the odd tournament on my snooker games and quite a few century breaks as well in fact got one a couple of days ago 104 I think I finished on I think my highest is about 110 or 116 I've never made a 147 (maximum)though. But then when it comes to that sort of game my disability doesn't really hamper me as it's more of a strategy game than a speed one.
Ah yeah that sucks. People don't think of that sort of thing when they say offline doesn't matter.

sjsharp2010 said:
In fairness though then it probably wasn't official as no one was really clear as to what the game was aboutit is pretty much official now though I think

Lee said after the announcement that you can't use your own name, you just pick a driver and drive as them. How much more official can it get? 

But anyway, to those who still hold hope for career mode...

Sector4 said:
sjsharp2010 said:

Lee said after the announcement that you can't use your own name, you just pick a driver and drive as them. How much more official can it get? 

But anyway, to those who still hold hope for career mode...

now you're just being rude

Sector4 said:

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME

If Codemasters are adding the often requested podium sequences, then being in the game yourself wouldn't look very realistic, as you'd end up on the podium still wearing a helmet, as they wouldn't have a 3D model of your head!

If Codemasters are adding the often requested podium sequences, then being in the game yourself wouldn't look very realistic, as you'd end up on the podium still wearing a helmet, as they wouldn't have a 3D model of your head!
Unless they'd make it first person (like the community asked for prior to F1 2010...)

The law of untold consequences. Happens all the time when you do something in software - it impacts in all sorts of way you would never think/

However, what they could do is show the podium sequence from your eye view as a driver perspective instead - that way they would not have to have your head model included in the game. It would be great as well if it had some sort of first person control where you could move around spraying champagne at the models etc.

...OR give you to choose a generic character face...
actually, I don't mind being myself, but I do
mind not having a rookie driver to be and build up for the biggest teams..