Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

dirt3joe said:
If Codemasters are adding the often requested podium sequences, then being in the game yourself wouldn't look very realistic, as you'd end up on the podium still wearing a helmet, as they wouldn't have a 3D model of your head!
The law of untold consequences. Happens all the time when you do something in software - it impacts in all sorts of way you would never think/

However, what they could do is show the podium sequence from your eye view as a driver perspective instead - that way they would not have to have your head model included in the game. It would be great as well if it had some sort of first person control where you could move around spraying champagne at the models etc.
That was actually a much requested feature when CM got the license and asked the community for suggestions. But like all other suggestions, CM ignored it. 

As CM apparently have abandonned career mode for F1 2015 I fear that co-op mode also is skipped as this leans pretty much on the career mode...

Having posted several questions regarding co-op and F1 2015, but this haven't been mentioned by any staff, not even a yes or no...

@justbiglee any news on the matter ?

First off, a question.

If we can only race as a 2015 driver in the game, is it possible to do multiple seasons, or will it just be the 2015 season?

Here are my thoughts on Career Mode (I have only played 2010 and 2012)

I enjoyed progressing through the years as an F1 driver, starting at one of the bottom teams and eventually becoming a World Champion at a top team, as I did in the 2010 game.

As disappointing as it is to not have a Career Mode in the 2015 game, I didn't like how the first season was the year of the game e.g. 2010 and then the next however many seasons you played just used that season's cars. I would love to see an F1 Career Challenge type game from Codemasters, but licencing issues are probably a big obstacle. 

The lack of Career Mode has allowed Codemasters to incorporate a lot of new features e.g. pre and post race chat and interviews. Those features couldn't be used in the seasons of CM after the first. Another licencing issue.

WestHam66 said:
First off, a question.

If we can only race as a 2015 driver in the game, is it possible to do multiple seasons, or will it just be the 2015 season?

I enjoyed progressing through the years as an F1 driver, starting at one of the bottom teams and eventually becoming a World Champion at a top team, as I did in the 2010 game.

As disappointing as it is to not have a Career Mode in the 2015 game, I didn't like how the first season was the year of the game e.g. 2010 and then the next however many seasons you played just used that season's cars. I would love to see an F1 Career Challenge type game from Codemasters, but licencing issues are probably a big obstacle. 

The lack of Career Mode has allowed Codemasters to incorporate a lot of new features e.g. pre and post race chat and interviews. Those features couldn't be used in the seasons of CM after the first. Another licencing issue.

I'm not sure, but from what I know the licences for the previous seasons should still be within CV's hands. If that would be the case it would be possible to have a career mode with seasons 2010 to 2015. Or 2016, since 2015 won't have a career mode. But I'm not sure if the licences work that way, although it was the case with EA's F1 Challenge. 

WestHam66 said:
First off, a question.

I'm not sure, but from what I know the licences for the previous seasons should still be within CV's hands. If that would be the case it would be possible to have a career mode with seasons 2010 to 2015. Or 2016, since 2015 won't have a career mode. But I'm not sure if the licences work that way, although it was the case with EA's F1 Challenge. 
It's possible I wouldn't count on it with C|M though given it would still take resources away from developing the main game to do this plus all the tracks and all that would need building onto the new engine. I do think keeping this thread active will be a good idea though as hopefully it'll encourage CM to restore career modefor 2016 assuming they continue to hold the license.

Gav25182 said:
Sector4 said:
I told everyone when the first information was released. Nobody believed me. "You have no proof, you don't work for Codemasters, nobody has said there won't be career mode, it's not official!" 

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME

yeah that's what I was thinking that's why I flagged it.

Daugaard said:
As CM apparently have abandonned career mode for F1 2015 I fear that co-op mode also is skipped as this leans pretty much on the career mode...

Having posted several questions regarding co-op and F1 2015, but this haven't been mentioned by any staff, not even a yes or no...

@justbiglee any news on the matter ?
Co-op along with CSR wheel support on ps4 are the two 100% requirements for me to get this game without career mode. If either are missing, then I won't overlook the missing career mode.

I know this ain't the answer that you guys are looking for but what if CM put a patch out that allowed the renaming of a driver you would pick in season mode. Would that tide some people over until career is properly implemented again?? I know, I know, I know it is not a substitute for a proper career but would it go some way into making a season at least more appealing with you seeing your own name in the game? 

I personally am not too bothered about not having my name in the game but I'm thinking about you lot that's all. Would it be better than nothing for this year whilst they reintroduce career for next year?

I remember when I first started playing f1 games, the introduction of a career mode where you were the named driver was great, this was way before the age of multiplayer so it was the best mode to play. spent so much time on career mode playing full length events 100% race distance, every practice session you would learn so much. plus career mode used to open up things on the game, a big thing missing from codies series, its all there straight out the box. cars,drivers,helmets could be opened up as rewards for doing career mode and have special rewards for breaking records, ie poles, wins, fastest laps etc. nothing like that with the codies f1 series, it was getting stale and needing an overhaul but not a complete removal 

I know this ain't the answer that you guys are looking for but what if CM put a patch out that allowed the renaming of a driver you would pick in season mode. Would that tide some people over until career is properly implemented again?? I know, I know, I know it is not a substitute for a proper career but would it go some way into making a season at least more appealing with you seeing your own name in the game? 

I personally am not too bothered about not having my name in the game but I'm thinking about you lot that's all. Would it be better than nothing for this year whilst they reintroduce career for next year?
For me personally probably not but it may go some way  towards improving things for some.

Im not sure CM realise that being apart of a cut scene is more immersive than just watching one. Podium is a great idea if you get to interact and be apart of it which would really just be the anthem interview and champagne spray. Same with the grid and formation lap. Walking the grid, getting in your car then doing the formation lap would be pretty cool. So Career mode would be much better as yourself with more interaction in game. Dont just plonk us on the grid and say go. Save that for online

Good bye to career Forever, once CM remove it they never reinstall, as past proves........
well if that is the case they can say goodbye to me as a customer too as I won't be back to buy it until it's reinstated or somebody else picks up the license.

After evaluating with my local friends who played previous versions of F1 it seems still only one will buy it with or without career which brings the percentage of local friends buying F1 2015 down to 5%. 

Someone should warn codemasters shareholders that their shares are going to tank.

Don't know why somebody lol'd me as I was being deadly serious
After evaluating with my local friends who played previous versions of F1 it seems still only one will buy it with or without career which brings the percentage of local friends buying F1 2015 down to 5%. 

Someone should warn codemasters shareholders that their shares are going to tank.
Yeah and they've already got financial troubles as it is it's not going to do that problem any good they need to encourage people to buy there games if they truly want to be in with the big boys .Not hiding behind haslf made game attempts. Aside from F1 2010 and Grid Autosport I can't honestly say they've done that good a job in recent times. I thought things were looking up after that game but it's been same old same old since then.

After reading the comments on this thread and doing a some research into the game, it seems to me that the people complaining about the lack of Career Mode on F1 2015 probably don't understand why the game mode will not be on the game.

To have the pre and post race chat, podium interviews and all the rest of the good stuff that Codemasters are putting on the game, they are simply not allowed to have names other than those of the 2015 drivers. This also extends to the drivers faces for garage, grid and podium clips.

You can't have all of the aforementioned things and a Career Mode, because the licence does not allow those things with a fake driver.

I am looking forward to seeing how Codemasters do it, instead of moaning about it. Perhaps you should all too. Codemasters are working hard to make a top notch F1 game and if you don't like the fact that there won't be a Career Mode, then that's you're problem, because plenty of people will buy the game regardless. 

And no, I don't work for Codemasters.

WestHam66 said:
After reading the comments on this thread and doing a some research into the game, it seems to me that the people complaining about the lack of Career Mode on F1 2015 probably don't understand why the game mode will not be on the game.

To have the pre and post race chat, podium interviews and all the rest of the good stuff that Codemasters are putting on the game, they are simply not allowed to have names other than those of the 2015 drivers. This also extends to the drivers faces for garage, grid and podium clips.

You can't have all of the aforementioned things and a Career Mode, because the licence does not allow those things with a fake driver.

I am looking forward to seeing how Codemasters do it, instead of moaning about it. Perhaps you should all too. Codemasters are working hard to make a top notch F1 game and if you don't like the fact that there won't be a Career Mode, then that's you're problem, because plenty of people will buy the game regardless. 

And plenty of people won't. Also I doubt you have any idea what the license entails and are just talking out of your ass.

WestHam66 said:

I agree to an extent, I have no problem playing as an existing driver. I love the sound of this Pro Season mode, and will have a go, but I know now I will struggle with all assist off.

What is really frustrating is those of us not capable of driving all assist off will have to 'make do' with championship mode, we won't have all practice sessions and it will lack the immersion the community have been screaming for since F1 2012

I gotta agree with Gavlarrr1978, this game will be half the product to all players who (maybe like me) cannot handle Pro Mode, maybe cuzv not having (or cannot afford) a steering wheel or generally not capable! So, only championship mode to rinse & repeat :-(

If I stop enjoying the game after a month or so, I'll probably trade it in or sell it on. It means a chunk off FIFA 16!!

Anychance WestHam66 can give us feedback for F1 2015 on this forum so as we can all get heads up lol