Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

WestHam66 said:
After reading the comments on this thread and doing a some research into the game, it seems to me that the people complaining about the lack of Career Mode on F1 2015 probably don't understand why the game mode will not be on the game.

To have the pre and post race chat, podium interviews and all the rest of the good stuff that Codemasters are putting on the game, they are simply not allowed to have names other than those of the 2015 drivers. This also extends to the drivers faces for garage, grid and podium clips.

You can't have all of the aforementioned things and a Career Mode, because the licence does not allow those things with a fake driver.

I am looking forward to seeing how Codemasters do it, instead of moaning about it. Perhaps you should all too. Codemasters are working hard to make a top notch F1 game and if you don't like the fact that there won't be a Career Mode, then that's you're problem, because plenty of people will buy the game regardless. 

And no, I don't work for Codemasters.

I agree to an extent, I have no problem playing as an existing driver. I love the sound of this Pro Season mode, and will have a go, but I know now I will struggle with all assist off.

What is really frustrating is those of us not capable of driving all assist off will have to 'make do' with championship mode, we won't have all practice sessions and it will lack the immersion the community have been screaming for since F1 2012
yeah exactly no career mode means that if you're not skilled with pro mode your stuck with just championship mode. For me that's not enough on it's own

Paul94 said:
My wife's buying it for my 40th b'day so i'll let you know ha

well I'm getting P cars for mine as mum's agreed to pay for my copy for my birthday I've already got it on order she'll just give me the money. It's just that p cars just comes out 48hrs before my birthday if things go according to plan that is.

WestHam66 said:
After reading the comments on this thread and doing a some research into the game, it seems to me that the people complaining about the lack of Career Mode on F1 2015 probably don't understand why the game mode will not be on the game.

To have the pre and post race chat, podium interviews and all the rest of the good stuff that Codemasters are putting on the game, they are simply not allowed to have names other than those of the 2015 drivers. This also extends to the drivers faces for garage, grid and podium clips.

You can't have all of the aforementioned things and a Career Mode, because the licence does not allow those things with a fake driver.

I am looking forward to seeing how Codemasters do it, instead of moaning about it. Perhaps you should all too. Codemasters are working hard to make a top notch F1 game and if you don't like the fact that there won't be a Career Mode, then that's you're problem, because plenty of people will buy the game regardless. 

I agree to an extent, I have no problem playing as an existing driver. I love the sound of this Pro Season mode, and will have a go, but I know now I will struggle with all assist off.

What is really frustrating is those of us not capable of driving all assist off will have to 'make do' with championship mode, we won't have all practice sessions and it will lack the immersion the community have been screaming for since F1 2012
yeah exactly no career mode means that if you're not skilled with pro mode your stuck with just championship mode. For me that's not enough on it's own
Going by your previous comments regarding previous F1 games...i can take your judgement as being similar to my opinions. Meaning i'd prob get P-Cars if you praise its worthy of purchase. I hadn't seen anything on it until today and it looks promising :-)

Paul94 said:
My wife's buying it for my 40th b'day so i'll let you know ha

well I'm getting P cars for mine as mum's agreed to pay for my copy for my birthday I've already got it on order she'll just give me the money. It's just that p cars just comes out 48hrs before my birthday if things go according to plan that is.
Lol i put my msg onto wrong quote, was directed to you :smiley:

Paul94 said:
WestHam66 said:

Going by your previous comments regarding previous F1 games...i can take your judgement as being similar to my opinions. Meaning i'd prob get P-Cars if you praise its worthy of purchase. I hadn't seen anything on it until today and it looks promising :-)
yeah I've seen plenty on P cvars and it looks pretty awesome to me as well and I'm looking forward to playing it It's certainly ticking off all the boxes for me which is not something I can say F1 2015 is doing. CM wil be lucky if I decide at some point to buy it in a Steam sale for like £10. But right now as things stand that is likely to be the only way I will likely buy it.

FS7 said:
Tony1997 said:
It's confirmed, no carreer mode  :'(  https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/591738698095558656
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't F1CE have broadcast style presentation & career mode where you could name your own driver, pick a helmet, and even choose what he looked like? 
Not suer you could choose how you looked but yes it did have a broadcast style presentation. I've still got that game for my PS3 but it's been a while since I've played it though.

The quote about the Pro season mode said you'd be able to create the same thing using the options on the normal mode - the Pro mode just forces all these things on. So you could do all three practice sessions, play on the hardest setting, do full-length races, but not drive from cockpit cam for example, if you want.

WestHam66 said:

Sorry for being rude but that's a load of crap! In F1 2010 I did interviews with my "fake" name. In F1 2010 I even had a nickname. The engineer would call me by my nickname when he told me it was time to pit.

And let's just say that you are right and it's because of the new commentary style. I still don't see any reason to ditch career. They could still have the career mode like a career mode is intended and have the new championship with commentary as a new added feature.

If I look at previous F1 games from Codemasters it really doesn't add up that suddenly career mode isn't possible anymore because of the license. Actually there doesn't seem to be any reason to ditch the payer from the grid.

mmpaw37 said:
Araqiel said:
The quote about the Pro season mode said you'd be able to create the same thing using the options on the normal mode - the Pro mode just forces all these things on. So you could do all three practice sessions, play on the hardest setting, do full-length races, but not drive from cockpit cam for example, if you want.

I have disagreed because I have already asked if the 3 practice sessions are available in the other modes, and it has been confirmed that you can only have the 3 sessions in Pro Season mode only.

I directly asked @TheLeeMather

Correct, 3 practice sessions in Pro only. Championship mode will have one practice session that you pre determine the length of. 

Some will say "just restart the session so you have 3", but they are missing the point. We want to be immersed in the race weekend, feel the track evolve through the sessions, different weather in different sessions. Like we did in F1 2010 and 2011. The series felt soulless after that. 

I'm still approaching F1 2015 with an open mind, like @justbiglee  has said, do not think of this as a continuation from Batman and Robin, think of it as Batman Begins. 

Hold on, Judging by that tweet can you play 2014 and 2015 . Like one after another, so that would come to 2 years of the championship mode

@TheLeeMather i mean that will be only one year season and i have to restart, or like carreer there will be many years. andmy answer is yes. 

@TONY97WWEFAN nice one, not very few finish one, congrats. You can play 2014 and 15 seasons.

Araqiel said:

It's already been said that those sim options are only available via pro mode not that it would bother me as it's unlikely I'd have been using it and even if I should decide to get it at any point it's unlikely that I will because I 'm not skilled enough to play at that level and I already know that. Which as I said in my post is my post those of us that can't play at that level are stuck with Championship mode only whereas before we still had the option of using career if we so wished.

WestHam66 said:

Sorry for being rude but that's a load of crap! In F1 2010 I did interviews with my "fake" name. In F1 2010 I even had a nickname. The engineer would call me by my nickname when he told me it was time to pit.

And let's just say that you are right and it's because of the new commentary style. I still don't see any reason to ditch career. They could still have the career mode like a career mode is intended and have the new championship with commentary as a new added feature.

If I look at previous F1 games from Codemasters it really doesn't add up that suddenly career mode isn't possible anymore because of the license. Actually there doesn't seem to be any reason to ditch the payer from the grid.

Agreed as there still working based on the old license rules that hasn't changed yet. Having said that though it might for 2016 as I believe the license is up for renegotiation now after 2015.

mantazzo said:
I guess I'll have to wait for any mod which will allow to rename any driver. The community in RaceDepartment will go for it I think.
Not unless cm decide to implement it in a patch and knock the commentary on the head in that mode! 

mmpaw37 said:
Araqiel said:

I have disagreed because I have already asked if the 3 practice sessions are available in the other modes, and it has been confirmed that you can only have the 3 sessions in Pro Season mode only.

I directly asked @TheLeeMather

So this quote from the promo material: "That’s not quite as interesting as the new Pro Season mode, however, which will offer a dedicated challenge for the most ardent of racing fans. Though you can naturally achieve the same effect on your own, it codifies the stripping away of all the game’s assists, lets you race only from the first person view point, and gives you the full race weekend of three practice sessions, qualifying and a full length race..." is a lie? Not hugely surprising if it is I guess, given past form, but that very much makes it sound as if these are all options which can be turned on or off individually,  and Pro mode just forces them all on.

Having just watched a video on the career mode of the upcoming Project CARS.  Very impressed! (yes it says ps4/xb but the pc is the same)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e7Dq7JRltQ

This ^^ gets my vote and my money.   (if career mode is back in F1 2016 I will probably buy it but for this year, I'm out)

I've enjoyed multiplayer as much as the next guy. I've completed multiple co-op seasons and raced in online F1 leagues with past versions of the game but, I've always looked forward to the Career mode just as much as the online racing. I have spent many hundreds of hours in Career mode and I enjoy it immensely.

I was about to pre-order the game on Steam a couple of nights ago until I visited the Steam forums and saw a thread titled "No Career Mode". I've always supported you guys at Codemasters and enjoyed your games but, I'm afraid no Career mode means no sale for me. You guys might also be interested to know that the money I had set aside in my Steam Wallet for F1 2015 has now been spent on a pre-order for Project Cars. I will consider purchasing F1 2015 if and when Career mode is added back into the game.

Officially confirmed I see. Well then it's been fun (usually) over the last 5 games but that confirms no sale for me. Adding in some podium animations and more dreadful commentary from Croft isn't worth chopping off half the game.

Like others I'm impressed with the concept of project car's career mode and codemasters have made the decision of which game to buy easy. Hopefully that game lives up to its potential.

Very glad I have seen this post. Very disappointed I have bought every version of this game since 2010. I have just cancelled my pre order, hopefully codemasters change there mind :s

Too late to change their mind now. At best they might be able to bolt on a half-hearted mode as DLC later, but it should be pretty much a wrap for release at this point.

was going to buy this but no career mode is a no buy as i only play single player....was waiting on this too