Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

This has got to be one of the worse misjudgements of a community in gaming history lol.
Agreed it's going to be one of the most costly decisions that CM have made in their history I suspect. I hope they learn from this and fast

Too late to change their mind now. At best they might be able to bolt on a half-hearted mode as DLC later, but it should be pretty much a wrap for release at this point.
Isn't that what career mode was for the majority of the CM F1 games? It had no atmosphere, just like GP mode with all the tracks in order and a points table. You basically turned up, raced and then on to the next track... Wouldn't be hard to implement at all.

Even something like that is enough to justify a purchase personally.

Guys its it just who understands this "NEW PRO SEASON" to be a new mode rather than a replacement? So its like a challenge mode alongside normal career. 

Is this not what codemasters meant?

Andi said:
Too late to change their mind now. At best they might be able to bolt on a half-hearted mode as DLC later, but it should be pretty much a wrap for release at this point.
Isn't that what career mode was for the majority of the CM F1 games? It had no atmosphere, just like GP mode with all the tracks in order and a points table. 
Indeed, but nonetheless there is still code, audio and visual assets specific to career mode (e.g. for the "email" system, team-mate challenge, setting up your driver profile with your textual and audio name etc). If they've really chucked all that away and started again as they've claimed, which I hope they have, those and any new career mode features would still all need to be redone from scratch.

Let's just look at other series for a minute. FIFA and other EA Sports games: Massive customizability, great career mode provisions, and whilst the licensing rules probably aren't quite as severe, still lots more realism.

I appreciate that EA's budget is obviously higher, but we've been stuck with another driver's name on the side of the car for four years. FOUR YEARS. They chipped away at the whole 'Live the life' aspect year after year. You liked paddock and the interviews? Oh yeah, you can't have that. You want a seven year career? Oh yeah, we're gonna limit that to five.

Oh you wanted career mode?

Andi said:
Isn't that what career mode was for the majority of the CM F1 games? It had no atmosphere, just like GP mode with all the tracks in order and a points table. You basically turned up, raced and then on to the next track... Wouldn't be hard to implement at all.

Even something like that is enough to justify a purchase personally.
yeah certainly in the latter ones it felt a bit bolted on but at least there was one which I think is the main point here. Yes it may have been limited but at least it was there for those that enjoyed an extensive moed where you could create your own story. Obviously it goes to show what an achievement F1 2010 was it's just a shame CM haven't been able to keep those standards up.

2016 their are plans to drop multiplayer. And 2017 the plan is to not even have ai cars. No one wants these features in the game. 2018 they will listen to their customers and bring back career and the paddock but their will be no tracks or cars, its all just simulated

I heard that in F1 2016 you can only play Bernie. Your goal will be to build racetracks all over the world and earn as much money you can. They wanted to call it F1 Tycoon but after consulting with the community they will keep the F1 2016 name

I heard that in F1 2016 you can only play Bernie. Your goal will be to build racetracks all over the world and earn as much money you can. They wanted to call it F1 Tycoon but after consulting with the community they will keep the F1 2016 name
Bernie says: "Build the tracks and they will come"

Sorry, the new broadcast system doesn't allow cars and drivers.But we present you the new "Power Heavy Rain Mode" where you can just watch tracks being built with heavy rain!!! It's really challenging!!No cars, drivers or clear weather! Man, I'm really excited to show you how it looks!

:)))

There is a planned DLC to play as Hermann Tilke and design the most boring track possible. If that isn't achievable then there is an optional goal to destroy one of the tracks on the current F1 calander.

When I first understood that there would be no official career mode in F1 2015 I was wholeheartedly disappointed. But upon reflection I am not too dissatisfied with their decision to remove it if it was essentially going to be a copy of their previous career mode attempts. CM's ability to make career mode interesting has been non-existent, and despite purchasing all titles, the last full career mode season I completed was way back on F1 2011. In 3 years CM have not inspired me once to complete a full season, and subsequently I'm actually quite happy that this new Pro Season mode will effectively take on the role of career mode.

Having said that, all the features of Pro Season mode could have been replicated through customised career mode settings, so I don't understand why all other combinations of settings aren't allowed. It's very restrictive and for a series that has been so pro-arcade it's a little bit baffling. 

I will mainly be purchasing the game for the purpose of online league racing though.

This is absolutely unbelievable. I just want to say that the career mode was the only thing that could make mebuy the game. With this news, there's no chance of that happening .

It is hard to believe that Codemasters has taken this bizarre decision.

Although on one occasion they already removed the cockpit camera in GRID... Still, taking out the F1 career mode is a decision much, much worse.

I think if we had career mode (e.g being our own driver) we wouldn't be able to have the podiums or be on the grid before the start of the race, soon everyone will forget about it. Being driver for a season will be great fun anyway and it allows for other stuff like podium celebrations, grid and probably some other cool stuff. There are also other different game modes in the game like pro mode. I feel losing career mode isn't that bad. 

matthew44 said:
I think if we had career mode (e.g being our own driver) we wouldn't be able to have the podiums or be on the grid before the start of the race, soon everyone will forget about it. Being driver for a season will be great fun anyway and it allows for other stuff like podium celebrations, grid and probably some other cool stuff. There are also other different game modes in the game like pro mode. I feel losing career mode isn't that bad. 
Yes we would as it's been done before as the F1CE game did it.

Even if it hadn't already been game with both in it before. Do people really think its worth sacrificing a huge chuck of the game so that we can now have two (probably dull) cut scenes?

It's a shame, because I just got a T300RS and I wouldn't get to enjoy F1 2015 with it.

They should've not bothered with an early release, as they could've spent more time into developing it and adding a Career mode. Although they should've added the Career into it anyway as it's the main part of an F1 game.

Millsey55 said:
They should've not bothered with an early release, as they could've spent more time into developing it and adding a Career mode. Although they should've added the Career into it anyway as it's the main part of an F1 game.

Not just F1 but most if not all sports games have one of some sort whether they're good or bad is irrelevant but generally it's done on pretty much all sports games. As I've got careers on the go on most of mine atm either on my consoles or on PC. So why it5's been scrapped here is anyone's guess. But I do spend most of my time in these modes when playing the games. So it's unlikely I'll be getting it and if I do decide to I won't be paying any more than about £10. While the graphics do look  pretty good and I'll  give CM a big thumbs up on that but this should be coming as standard anyway. Without a mode that is worth sinking time into though I can't see myself paying full price.

I do agree with you @Millsey55 though I wou8ld have preffered they kept the October release and had the career mode than rush one out in June without one.

matthew44 said:
Yes we would as it's been done before as the F1CE game did it.
Oh really thanks, I hope the lack of career wont be too disappointing as we do get 2014 content aswell

Hang on, if there is no career mode then what is there?

Quick race and online? The F1 games have terrible online, they still haven't bothered to support dedicated servers and there is no penalty system or structure to any of  it, online always ends up a mess. 

I played for the Career mode, specifically the coop Career mode.... if it is gone then what is the point to the game? 

Tixylix said:

Quick race and online? The F1 games have terrible online, they still haven't bothered to support dedicated servers and there is no penalty system or structure to any of  it, online always ends up a mess. 

I played for the Career mode, specifically the coop Career mode.... if it is gone then what is the point to the game? 
I believe there are other things like champioship mode and pro mode smile: 

Tixylix said:

there is a pro mode and championship mode which are basically 1 season modes but that's it. Pro mode is basically a hyped up sim style mode. Championship mode is basically pick a driver and race the season as them.

I normally play career mode, but I mean no career mode in F1 2015, so what?... I mean look att career mode in F1 2012-2014, its not career mode, its normal championship mode with youre name and seasons restart on its own, instead of you have to do it. That was the only 2 differants from championship mode and career. After they took away ''live the life'', press interview, teams changes tier etc etc then career mode has allready ben dead. So if they dropp career mode this year and focus on other stuff I don't care...