Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

I know I'll end up getting the game anyway as I know what I'm like, but probably not till later in the year when it's been updated (and patched up)... and knocked down in price haha.

I really don't get it. Without career mode you will play this one season and be gone with it. What point does it even have to not just pick the Mercedes or te Ferrari from the start and there you go winning on the championship. Totally no incentive to start right from the back of the grid and work your way up to the top teams.  :(

I feel for you guys who play career mode I really do. its the mode where most learn to cut there cloth as they say. last career mode I done on a game was last year, moto gp 14, started on the moto 3 class, custom number on my bike, nickname on my leathers, favourite colours from choices of boots, gloves etc. it was my first go at a moto gp game so I done the full career through moto 2 and finally on to moto gp. it was the only racing game I had at that time for the ps4 and if it wasn't for career it would have got stale pretty quickly.

always buy codies games after xmas, you get them for a reasonable price

I feel for you guys who play career mode I really do. its the mode where most learn to cut there cloth as they say. last career mode I done on a game was last year, moto gp 14, started on the moto 3 class, custom number on my bike, nickname on my leathers, favourite colours from choices of boots, gloves etc. it was my first go at a moto gp game so I done the full career through moto 2 and finally on to moto gp. it was the only racing game I had at that time for the ps4 and if it wasn't for career it would have got stale pretty quickly.

always buy codies games after xmas, you get them for a reasonable price

yeah I play career mode on all my sports games it's a mode that gets used an awful lot with me I don't have Moto GP14 but I do have the 2013 one and the career mode is quite fun on that as well

matthew44 said:
matthew44 said:
I think if we had career mode (e.g being our own driver) we wouldn't be able to have the podiums or be on the grid before the start of the race, soon everyone will forget about it. Being driver for a season will be great fun anyway and it allows for other stuff like podium celebrations, grid and probably some other cool stuff. There are also other different game modes in the game like pro mode. I feel losing career mode isn't that bad. 
Yes we would as it's been done before as the F1CE game did it.
Oh really thanks, I hope the lack of career wont be too disappointing as we do get 2014 content aswell

well it will feel pointless really for those that did bother to get 2014 which I did.

FMassa93 said:
I normally play career mode, but I mean no career mode in F1 2015, so what?... I mean look att career mode in F1 2012-2014, its not career mode, its normal championship mode with youre name and seasons restart on its own, instead of you have to do it. That was the only 2 differants from championship mode and career. After they took away ''live the life'', press interview, teams changes tier etc etc then career mode has allready ben dead. So if they dropp career mode this year and focus on other stuff I don't care...
You still had tobuild a reput6stion and stuff up though in order to get the good contracts which is the general principle of career mode anyway yes they srtipped the other stuff but the basics were always left in.

FMassa93 said:
I normally play career mode, but I mean no career mode in F1 2015, so what?... I mean look att career mode in F1 2012-2014, its not career mode, its normal championship mode with youre name and seasons restart on its own, instead of you have to do it. That was the only 2 differants from championship mode and career. After they took away ''live the life'', press interview, teams changes tier etc etc then career mode has allready ben dead. So if they dropp career mode this year and focus on other stuff I don't care...
You still had tobuild a reput6stion and stuff up though in order to get the good contracts which is the general principle of career mode anyway yes they srtipped the other stuff but the basics were always left in.

F1 2014 did not even have that, you could start with what team you want. And after the season you could choose what you want again

try project cars Johnny the career mode on that sounds amazing, starting from go-karting and working up to Formula A (1)

I get home on sunday and cant wait to play it myself

FMassa93 said:

FMassa93 said:

F1 2014 did not even have that, you could start with what team you want. And after the season you could choose what you want again
Actuslly you do as if you want to keep doing it season after season you have to reset it as I was dropped by McLaren at the end of Season 1 and moved to Sauber for season 2 you can only choose your starting point not whether the team keeps you if you want to do another with them you have to reset career mode to the beginning again.

FMassa93 said:

FMassa93 said:

Actuslly you do as if you want to keep doing it season after season you have to reset it as I was dropped by McLaren at the end of Season 1 and moved to Sauber for season 2 you can only choose your starting point not whether the team keeps you if you want to do another with them you have to reset career mode to the beginning again.

Ok, maybe I remember little bit wrong, since all I did in F1 2014 was to work on my database mod. And the reason was simple, the career mode was so boring that I rather used time make gameplay better then acctually play the career mode. Everything that was good about, is taken out instead of improve it. Like the press interview etc was a very good idea, but it needed some work so what did they do? remove it. Live the life with the paddock etc was a good idea but still could need some improvement, so what did they do? removed it. And the cars changing tiers each season was a very good idea, since it game the career much more then the same order each season, but they removed it.

So I do believe F1 2015 can be better then 2014, but I can easly wait to F1 2016 with career mode if they then make it PROPERLY...(ofc we dont even know if there will be career mode or anything then, but IF...) So for me career in F12014 was the same as championship mode with youre name and helmet. But ofc, that is MY opinion, so I do understand people are little bit frustrating about no career mode since the way career mode is, it would not be that hard to make it for the new engine too, but I personly don't care as long as the rest of the game is better. So maybe I dont have to spend hours after hours creating a database mod to make the game better for me(and with over 10 000 downloads I guess people agree on that...)

Dont get me wrong, nothing against Codemasters but the last 1-2games have felt so.... lazy copy-paste game...

FMassa93 said:
FMassa93 said:

FMassa93 said:

Ok, maybe I remember little bit wrong, since all I did in F1 2014 was to work on my database mod. And the reason was simple, the career mode was so boring that I rather used time make gameplay better then acctually play the career mode. Everything that was good about, is taken out instead of improve it. Like the press interview etc was a very good idea, but it needed some work so what did they do? remove it. Live the life with the paddock etc was a good idea but still could need some improvement, so what did they do? removed it. And the cars changing tiers each season was a very good idea, since it game the career much more then the same order each season, but they removed it.

So I do believe F1 2015 can be better then 2014, but I can easly wait to F1 2016 with career mode if they then make it PROPERLY...(ofc we dont even know if there will be career mode or anything then, but IF...) So for me career in F12014 was the same as championship mode with youre name and helmet. But ofc, that is MY opinion, so I do understand people are little bit frustrating about no career mode since the way career mode is, it would not be that hard to make it for the new engine too, but I personly don't care as long as the rest of the game is better. So maybe I dont have to spend hours after hours creating a database mod to make the game better for me(and with over 10 000 downloads I guess people agree on that...)

Dont get me wrong, nothing against Codemasters but the last 1-2games have felt so.... lazy copy-paste game...
I do agree with you as I believe we need these features in and working properly and I agree the career mode on the last 2 games have been pretty basic including nothing more but the bare minimum so that it can be classified a career mode. I do agree it is barely a career mode but as you said 2013/14 have both been copy/paste with the exception of the classics

maybe they did survey and only 5% people uses career mode with their own driver :-/

this is very bad decision, you're suppose to add to the game, not remove

I'm curious how bad the backlash is going to be from people who don't read forums, who buy the game expecting career mode. 
Pretty bad I would imagine as a most sports  games these days come with a career mode as standard. In fact in the past couple of days I've just started career modes on a couple of my snooker games Won 1 tournament and have got to a final on another which will certainly help my ranking points but then I've had a couple of stinkers too in that I've been knocked out straightaway.  Given P cars has a career mode it's going to take something really special I think for F1 2015 to overcome it. Without a career mode I'd suspect that'll be impossible.

Oh dear some one at CM has taken the stupid pills at thiinking this was a good move err HELLO planet earth calling CM  give up f1 and let pcars have f1 liceance ASAP. 

nosalisCZ said:
maybe they did survey and only 5% people uses career mode with their own driver :-/

I very much doubt that. I'm guessing they didn't have time to implement it which is actually pretty absurd considering how shallow the Career mode has been for years. 

Just look at the most popular F1 youtuber (Tiametmarduk) and his most frequent content - he's doing Career mode. 

VDV23 said:
nosalisCZ said:

I very much doubt that. I'm guessing they didn't have time to implement it which is actually pretty absurd considering how shallow the Career mode has been for years. 

Just look at the most popular F1 youtuber (Tiametmarduk) and his most frequent content - he's doing Career mode. 
Agreed I'd probably say a good 80/90% play the career mode. As there are still a lot of areas that don't have great internet connections so rely on the singleplayer modes to keep things going and a lot of people prefer playing SP I happen to be one of them. I can't speak for everyone and I wouldn't but I'm pretty sure the use of career mode by people was pretty high. If I had to guess I would say it's likely time constraints played a role in their decision to leave it out but I can't say for certain. All I can do is decide whether I will buy the game and the answer to that right now is no.

I'm confident that Codemasters have a good reason for not including career mode. That said, career mode was the only mode I played in the previous versions of the game. I've never played as the real drivers nor have I ever tried time trials to beat other people online. I have no interest in playing as Hamilton or whoever. I want to play as myself (with my own created helmet-design + my name on my car and driver suit).

gmd70 said:
Oh dear some one at CM has taken the stupid pills at thiinking this was a good move err HELLO planet earth calling CM  give up f1 and let pcars have f1 liceance ASAP. 
You say that as if it was just a case of handing over the keys to a new owner :) Even if they wanted it, the licence would presumably cost Slightly Mad Studios at least the same seven figure sum that it reputedly costs CM... and that's a lot of dosh to spend on a game that would probably somewhat cannibalise their PCars (or more likely PCars 2) sales, assuming they'd have to make it a separate title to do it justice.

If Codemasters are adding the often requested podium sequences, then being in the game yourself wouldn't look very realistic, as you'd end up on the podium still wearing a helmet, as they wouldn't have a 3D model of your head!
In F1 championship Edition there was: Podium Celebrations in career (select someone who looked like you), Formation laps, Race car evolution (Ai engineer actually helped you to set up the car by doing laps in the Friday practices), Commentary (James Allen and Martin Brundle they even talked about AI battles!), Interactive pitstops (pressing controller buttons as quickly as possible) All this was in Career Mode and on the PS3 in 2007!

Juice29 said:
If Codemasters are adding the often requested podium sequences, then being in the game yourself wouldn't look very realistic, as you'd end up on the podium still wearing a helmet, as they wouldn't have a 3D model of your head!
In F1 championship Edition there was: Podium Celebrations in career (select someone who looked like you), Formation laps, Race car evolution (Ai engineer actually helped you to set up the car by doing laps in the Friday practices), Commentary (James Allen and Martin Brundle they even talked about AI battles!), Interactive pitstops (pressing controller buttons as quickly as possible) All this was in Career Mode and on the PS3 in 2007!
And you could even choose how to get to the top, go to a slower team as first or second driver and impress with good results. Or go earlyer to a big team as a test driver and try to get a racing seat there with impress in the tests. I loved everything about that game apart from pressing buttons on the pit, that is the teams jobs and not driver in my opinion..

But yeah, I just don't understand why a game from 2007 on the PS3(it was even there first game on PS3) is still the F1 game with the most features. 

FMassa93 said:
Juice29 said:
And you could even choose how to get to the top, go to a slower team as first or second driver and impress with good results. Or go earlyer to a big team as a test driver and try to get a racing seat there with impress in the tests. I loved everything about that game apart from pressing buttons on the pit, that is the teams jobs and not driver in my opinion..

But yeah, I just don't understand why a game from 2007 on the PS3(it was even there first game on PS3) is still the F1 game with the most features. 
yeah if they'd  ditched the interactive pit stops it would have been better as it's not the drivers job to worry about changing tyres or refuelling it's the teams. The drivre's only responsible for getting the car round the track in one piece. Everything else about F1 CE was just about perfect for what it was. I've still got the game and it's thoroughly enjoyable.

if pcars dumps all over f1 2015  as seems like it might then who knows  ? the sport will go to were the mony is  pcars 2 may become the go too guys this gen sad to say f1 is not justifiable any more as a stand alone game CM may have just  made it a dead certainty by ripping the single player to shreds we all know online  is a laggy demolition  derby  this is the death of CM f1 games as a profitable  franchise my prediction  is that by 2017 CM ditch f1 then f1 will go to turn 10 or slightly mad as part of  forza or pcars 

gmd70 said:
if pcars dumps all over f1 2015  as seems like it might then who knows  ? the sport will go to were the mony is  pcars 2 may become the go too guys this gen sad to say f1 is not justifiable any more as a stand alone game CM may have just  made it a dead certainty by ripping the single player to shreds we all know online  is a laggy demolition  derby  this is the death of CM f1 games as a profitable  franchise my prediction  is that by 2017 CM ditch f1 then f1 will go to turn 10 or slightly mad as part of  forza or pcars 
Do you really think that FOM will sell the lisense to someone how does not make it a standalone game? My dream is that Sony get it back, but I doubt they want it...

gmd70 said:

Could not agree with you more. Sony had its shot with F1 and it was not so good. Turn 10 or SlightlyMad is the way to go for F1.

don't think crowd funding would cover the crazy license costs :) lol 

You would be surprised what crowd funding can do. Codemasters is not a big wealthy company compared to other gaming studios out there who make other type of racing games.. the costs would not be much if devided between the people who would be willing to donate.  The costs to obatain the lincense would not be much. Its mostly after the fact when you obtain the license where most costs come in.... hire people.. game designers, artists, people who code games, equipment so on and so on. Would take a very special effort to pull something like that off... but its not entirely impossible. SlightlyMad did it very well and gained many lincenses for all kinds of racing cars and racing tracks from around the world. And to get Bernie to lift some of the F1 gaming restrictions would take a long fight.