Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

Maybe they've delayed it to add a basic career mode, having seen the negative reaction? One can hope.

There would be no shame in delaying it further to add more to it, as I've said before. Scrape together a career mode, which should not be difficult as they've been copy and pasting it since 2011. Add some small things to it and bam, tons more people suddenly interested. Then, if they get time, scrape together some kind of online mode that will keep people playing.

Sprint races are cool for a while, but there is no sense of progression...And ultimately, progression is something that people look for in a game, it is just human mentality. You see a clear goal being achieved, and then you see the next one to go and achieve, you do that one then on to the next one etc. 

With sprint races, you play a few times, realise that nobody cares how many penalties they get for ramming because there is no consequence in the long run and then you just get really bored with it once you then see that there is nothing to aim for. I think this has been one of  main issues of most the F1 games they've released. Just no progression online...

I mean just take a leaf out of FIFA Pro clubs for example, you have your player, you see his stats, you can level him up. You see his finishing improve, you can feel his pace improve. You can unlock different traits (Ability to to diving headers) and aesthetics (Higher socks, untucked shirt) for him. 

Went for a bit of an online tangent there...Same applies for the career mode though, let us see the overall of our driver and other drivers, let us see individual stats progressing. Let us add traits, unlock celebrations on the podium, different gloves even. This license has so much potential but it never get used. CM really need to get the full use of it and create an awesome game...

I mean Moto GP games allow you to choose the way your rider looks when cornering, like a more traditional leaning style or hanging off the bike. 

MotoGP also have the support classes Moto2/3 the thing I loved about those games waall about the goals you mentioned spend. You had to choose spend one year in Moto2 or two this would allow you to get on an open or factory bike in MotoGP. Milestone managed to get licenses for Moto2/3 as they are both owned by the same people who own MotoGP (Dorna sports) the same is true with F1, GP2 and GP3 (CVC). So what's stopping Codemasters?

Nothing CM are lazy ok it looks nice but so dose a super model with an STD imagine the dev meeting hay fellas we have nxt gen so err lets scrap central game mode cos its old outdated and our target gamers are 15 year old kids who play NFS games thay whont miss the challenge of getting  mannor racing to a 1 point season finish oo adriver in to a top team over a 5 year season mode we will add afew cut seens and a few repetitive  voice overs we know the fools err fans will buy it and tht pcars will not sell with all that F rooky C B A  stuff and AI with an I Q and who would whant too race on NURBURG  12 MILE  CERCIT  or LE MANS  or BRANS HATCH LOL  nothiing to get f1 fans to buy that game. CM F1 2015 HOW TO LOOSE FANS & DESTROY A FRACHISE . 

Juice29 said:
Yes Project CARS doees have a nice career mode
I dunno, to me it has the sort of career mode that F1 2014's career mode was criticised for on here... start wherever you like, and effectively set your own goals as there isn't much in the way of reward from the game itself.

At least pcars HAS one on 4 formula classes A  B  C & ROOKIE  PLUS GT3  4 &5 & LM 1&2  read  my  last  post on this matter. 

Juice29 said:
I dunno, to me it has the sort of career mode that F1 2014's career mode was criticised for on here... start wherever you like, and effectively set your own goals as there isn't much in the way of reward from the game itself.
In terms of progression it's nice. To improve it maybe we need some slower teams in each championship so the feeling of progression is greater

Juice29 said:

What is wrong with starting anywhere tho? I love that in a game (options) For those who want to start at the bottom they can and for those who dont want to grind through 5 years just to get to F1 they also have that option. Not being funny I just never understood the ppl who complain about having the option to start in a high team when no1 is forcing you to take that option in the first place :) Pcars still offers progress imo as I started in the enduro on my ps4 (done 3 years on xbox so didnt want to do it again) finished my first season yesterday and was only offered 2 kart and 1 lmp1 contract so its not like you start anywhere then go anywhere (next season) The goals in Pcars are actualy better than any other racing game imo as what do they offer in terms of progress? Pcars has so many different championships I plan on spending the next few years trying to comlete every one of them and winning all the invites that are also on offer.

Well, people will stop talking about PCars 'very soon' as well. 

Whatever that means in the CM dictionary. 

mmpaw37 said:

Can I just say...

@PeteTheDuck ..., A little while ago we'd had a discussion about the correct forum to discuss 'PCARS', and unfortunately it still is abundantly  clear that these terms are NOT being met by many forum members.

Please, I ask that either yourself or @LiteralZero make an announcement thread or 'notice' to ask members to continue their discussions about this title in the appropriate thread or forum (create one if you have to); To be quite honest, personally I've had enough information about PCars to make my own forum about it! ):

...Are we not in the 'Official' Codemasters F1 General Discussion forum...? - I may be wrong but that's where I thought  I was...*SIGH*

Thankyou.

I'm sure they said talking Pcars in any topic was fine as long as it was in a comparison to F1? All I can see here is comparisons between the F1 game and Pcars, specifically the career modes, so there's nothing wrong with that. Also, you whinging at everyone talking about Pcars is far more annoying than everyone talking about Pcars. 

Hello there folks!

Quick apology on my side as I was visiting family this past week so I have only just got back into the office this morning. 

As for the Project Cars discussion, in a thread such as this, discussion surround the career mode in the game and comparisons between that and the F1 games are fine in my eyes, as long as it is on-topic and civil. If the thread strays into a discussion purely about Project Cars then something might have to be done. For now, everything is (mostly) fine. 

Again, I know you want info, and it's not great we haven't been able to communicate with you as much as I'd personally like, but some of that isn't under our control (I know, you hear this a lot, but it's true).

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) and obviously as always on Twitter.

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) 

Just one question, and I mean it absolutely serious: Do you really think this game will sell well without any kind of advertising? Or are sales of the F1 series not important for you anymore? It seems like you shifted all your manpower to the Dirt series.

As Mark said, I have no problem with people discussing Project CARS here, just as long as it has some relevance to the F1 games. You're allowed to compare games here. I've said this before.

However, if it does drift into just discussion on Project CARS then you'll have to maybe join the discussions on it in our Off-topic forum.

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) and obviously as always on Twitter.

I have a small quastion I think is within reason...Will there be formation lap? Since that is so small then I throw in a bonus quastion... The Safety car is still in the game right? Since we have not got much info about what has made it into the new engine

Tourgott said:
I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) 

Just one question, and I mean it absolutely serious: Do you really think this game will sell well without any kind of advertising? Or are sales of the F1 series not important for you anymore? It seems like you shifted all your manpower to the Dirt series.
I think the idea of 'no advertising' is a little extreme. Do not get me wrong, I can 100% see why you might feel this way and I'm not saying I disagree, but we do have stuff coming, and while it may not be exactly what you expected, there is stuff in the works) 

mmpaw37 said:
Hello there folks!

Quick apology on my side as I was visiting family this past week so I have only just got back into the office this morning. 

As for the Project Cars discussion, in a thread such as this, discussion surround the career mode in the game and comparisons between that and the F1 games are fine in my eyes, as long as it is on-topic and civil. If the thread strays into a discussion purely about Project Cars then something might have to be done. For now, everything is (mostly) fine. 

Again, I know you want info, and it's not great we haven't been able to communicate with you as much as I'd personally like, but some of that isn't under our control (I know, you hear this a lot, but it's true).

Thanks @LiteralZero, although to be fair, certain threads including this one has become mainly a Pcars discussion group..., and how can people compare it to F1 2015 when clearly they are not the same game...?

However, you're the manager so its in your hands; any mention or post is happen to view in relation to 'that' title I will just pass by...

- Handling
- Graphics
- Weather systems
- Force Feedback
- On screen display/HUD
- Online modes
- AI and difficulties
- Cockpit cameras, and other camera positions
- Replays
- Race engineers
- Quick race modes

That's only a few things you can compare. There's so many other things that you can compare Project CARS and F1 2015 to as well. I know we don't know everything about F1 2015 yet, but that doesn't mean people can't make comparisons.

Project CARS and F1 2015 are two of the biggest racing titles to be released this year, both on the new-gen consoles, people are bound to compare them.

FMassa93 said:

I have a small quastion I think is within reason...Will there be formation lap? Since that is so small then I throw in a bonus quastion... The Safety car is still in the game right? Since we have not got much info about what has made it into the new engine
The new engine is pretty insane, its a complete rework from what we had before. 

As for what has made it in and not made it in the new engine, I want to get a full post together to give a clear idea of exactly what is in. This is 100% not me saying it will happen, mind you, if it does, it might not be very soon, it would take time and dev work is still heavily in progress. 

mmpaw37 said:

FMassa93 said:

The new engine is pretty insane, its a complete rework from what we had before. 

As for what has made it in and not made it in the new engine, I want to get a full post together to give a clear idea of exactly what is in. This is 100% not me saying it will happen, mind you, if it does, it might not be very soon, it would take time and dev work is still heavily in progress. 

When are you planning on making this 'full post' @LiteralZero ?

I think its a great idea; At least it might put to bed many of the questions people have been asking here on this forum...Its not been the most understandable year in regards to information (up to this point in time at least).

Like I said, it's an idea, and as with most of the things we do, its subject to a lot of approvals, both internal and external. If I do manage to do it (I do want to) It will take a while. 

I feel for LiteralZero, to be honest. He's trying to keep us happy but he's LITERALLY given ZERO ( get it? :smiley: ) information and permission from above to tell us something meaningful. 

VDV23 said:
I feel for LiteralZero, to be honest. He's trying to keep us happy but he's LITERALLY given ZERO ( get it? :smiley: ) information and permission from above to tell us something meaningful. 
Well played, should've known that would happen when I picked this gamertag all those years ago :wink: 

Complete honesty, it's a pretty odd situation for me as I'm still new here so I'm still earning an awful lot about what is going on and the processes, so I take the 'better safe than sorry' approach to things.

mmpaw37 said:
VDV23 said:
Well played, should've known that would happen when I picked this gamertag all those years ago :wink: 

Complete honesty, it's a pretty odd situation for me as I'm still new here so I'm still earning an awful lot about what is going on and the processes, so I take the 'better safe than sorry' approach to things.

Again @LiteralZero, Can you answer my question regarding the podiums...? THX! ;)
Sorry bud, totally missed it! My bad. 

The podiums are cool, lots of champagne spraying and animations, heck, you MIGHT even see a happy Kimi :wink: 

I can't recall seeing the exact same animations, but I honestly haven't been paying attention to them when I've been playing. They are really cool though, very TV like. 

VDV23 said:

On the bright side (for you, at least) you can use only 2 phrases and still be extremely effective Community Manager by Codemasters' standards.

1. We will provide more information soon
2. I am not at liberty to say just yet

:#  :smiley: 

@LiteralZero a couple of questions if I may.

1) Is there the champagne podium music in the game?
2) What are the game main menu's like this year? Is it set on another circuit like 2014, the 'windtunnel' like 2013 and 2012, or the paddock like in 2011 and 2010?

If the game is going in the direction of a TV style presentation then I'd hope it's set in the paddock again as that's where all the TV stations broadcast from.

every year when there is bad news it seems that's the week the "community manager" takes a week off, go figure! nothing personal againt zero it just seems to happen everytime.