Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

@LiteralZero a couple of questions if I may.

1) Is there the champagne podium music in the game?
2) What are the game main menu's like this year? Is it set on another circuit like 2014, the 'windtunnel' like 2013 and 2012, or the paddock like in 2011 and 2010?

If the game is going in the direction of a TV style presentation then I'd hope it's set in the paddock again as that's where all the TV stations broadcast from.

There is indeed the podium music, I always sing along :smiley:

The menu's have a different style from previous games like the ones you mentioned, I won't detail what it is exactly (sorry!) but I think it looks very sharp and fits very nicely with the style of the game. 

every year when there is bad news it seems that's the week the "community manager" takes a week off, go figure! nothing personal againt zero it just seems to happen everytime.

It was the only real time I could get off and after not seeing my family for almost a year I thought I should take it :wink: 

You're all stuck with me now! 

every year when there is bad news it seems that's the week the "community manager" takes a week off, go figure! nothing personal againt zero it just seems to happen everytime.

It was the only real time I could get off and after not seeing my family for almost a year I thought I should take it :wink: 

Have to say since today is your first day back at work after codemasters released the first F1 2015 gameplay video your doing alot of answering the comunnity which is good! Is it safe to say your now the F1 game community manager whilst Lee is what it seems now fully concentrating on Dirt Rally?

vtidixon said:
Juice29 said:
Yes Project CARS doees have a nice career mode
I dunno, to me it has the sort of career mode that F1 2014's career mode was criticised for on here... start wherever you like, and effectively set your own goals as there isn't much in the way of reward from the game itself.
What is wrong with starting anywhere tho?
Not necessarily a bad thing at all, as long as the game still gives you a good sense of career progression and rewards you accordingly. But it's easier for the developers to provide that sort of experience if they just offer you two or three well-defined career paths... if you can do what you like, things inevitably end up feeling a bit generic.

Have to say since today is your first day back at work after codemasters released the first F1 2015 gameplay video your doing alot of answering the comunnity which is good! Is it safe to say your now the F1 game community manager whilst Lee is what it seems now fully concentrating on Dirt Rally?
Thanks! I'm trying to be as visible as possible going forward, but there may be time where no one says anything simply because we can't. 

Pretty much yeah, I'm the new F1 Community Manager but its not 100% exclusive, more like 80%? :smiley:

2) What are the game main menu's like this year? Is it set on another circuit like 2014, the 'windtunnel' like 2013 and 2012, or the paddock like in 2011 and 2010?

If the game is going in the direction of a TV style presentation then I'd hope it's set in the paddock again as that's where all the TV stations broadcast from.

The menu's have a different style from previous games like the ones you mentioned, I won't detail what it is exactly (sorry!) but I think it looks very sharp and fits very nicely with the style of the game. 
Cool, thanks for the answers! Interested to see what the new menu's will look like.

Also, are you planning on doing any livestreams before, or after launch, if you're allowed?

Thanks! I'm trying to be as visible as possible going forward, but there may be time where no one says anything simply because we can't. 

Pretty much yeah, I'm the new F1 Community Manager but its not 100% exclusive, more like 80%? :smiley:
Well thats ok then and thats understandable but hopefully there is lot of content coming in the next few weeks.

Can you say what will be in the final game? Re like we was told mannor would be in a patch 1 month after release & so would the full 2015 cars (not the 2014 cars with 15 nose's & livery) but will these both be in the final game as standard now because of the 1 month delay?

And since we were told about the july patch, mclaren have changed their livery so could you comment on if that will be in the game and if so in a patch or release version of game?

@LiteralZero , first off, thanks for breaking the radio silence finally. I think I heard somewhere, that engine failures are now implemented, is that true? And also closely related to that question, has the damage model been improved? Hope you are allowed to answer that question, lol... A simple yes or no would do it tho.

Cool, thanks for the answers! Interested to see what the new menu's will look like.

Also, are you planning on doing any livestreams before, or after launch, if you're allowed?
I want to, if we can get it all approved and signed off I really really want to. Livestreams are something I'm very very used to and I know how it all works so fingers crossed (no promises though)

Well thats ok then and thats understandable but hopefully there is lot of content coming in the next few weeks.

Can you say what will be in the final game? Re like we was told mannor would be in a patch 1 month after release & so would the full 2015 cars (not the 2014 cars with 15 nose's & livery) but will these both be in the final game as standard now because of the 1 month delay?

And since we were told about the july patch, mclaren have changed their livery so could you comment on if that will be in the game and if so in a patch or release version of game?
I can't say what's in the final game as nothing is 100% yet, the core things are there but dev work goes literally until the teams get locked out. 

Not a great answer but its the truth. 

@LiteralZero , first off, thanks for breaking the radio silence finally. I think I heard somewhere, that engine failures are now implemented, is that true? And also closely related to that question, has the damage model been improved? Hope you are allowed to answer that question, lol... A simple yes or no would do it tho.
I know it's not been great, but some stuff we just can't say. 

This might be one of those things that I can't talk about yet unfortunately. So I'm going to say nothing (sorry!) 

mmpaw37 said:

I can't say what's in the final game as nothing is 100% yet, the core things are there but dev work goes literally until the teams get locked out. 

Not a great answer but its the truth. 

Get locked out...? - Can you elaborate please @LiteralZero
Probably a bad choice of words. The dev's would work on it forever and ever if they were allowed to is what I meant. 

There will be constant changes and refinements until the very last moment (as is standard for games)

That's all I meant :smiley:

@LiteralZero Quick question this is about the pro-season. Can you do it with the 2014 cars and then for the next season change to the 2015 cars?

Can you into some more detail why the information is so scarce as of now? Content not polished enough to be showed? Also a couple of more questions if you have the info

1) Are setups more in depth?
2) Is the damage model improved and if yes is there a hardcore damage model (FW into tyre -> puncture) 
3) Are the cars in tier systems or their stats have more depth to them. For example the Red Bull is strong on the high downforce circuits, the Williams has good aerodynamic efficiency on the straights, the McLaren breaks down before leaving the garage (:smiley:) and so on? Or are they universal like they used to do - if the Red Bull is Tier 1 car it will be as strong on Singapore (relative to the other cars) as it is on Monza?

Juice29 said:
@LiteralZero Quick question this is about the pro-season. Can you do it with the 2014 cars and then for the next season change to the 2015 cars?
There's nothing stopping you from doing a full 2014 pro-season then a 2015 pro-season. As for if it's a 'continuous' style thing, I don't think it is, at least not in the build I played last a few weeks ago. 

Super easy to just change content years though. 

Juice29 said:
There's nothing stopping you from doing a full 2014 pro-season then a 2015 pro-season. As for if it's a 'continuous' style thing, I don't think it is, at least not in the build I played last a few weeks ago. 

Super easy to just change content years though. 
That sounds great I'll let my vivid imagination do the rest

I want to, if we can get it all approved and signed off I really really want to. Livestreams are something I'm very very used to and I know how it all works so fingers crossed (no promises though)
That's great to hear, really hope you can do it.

I think livestreams tell people more about a game than any trailer or screenshots do, at least from the various ones I've watched!

That's great to hear, really hope you can do it.

I think livestreams tell people more about a game than any trailer or screenshots do, at least from the various ones I've watched!
Ah live streams can be done when done good, but would it not be better to pre record a 60 minute show that you can then edit to make perfect as i bet FOM wont like it if during the live stream the video quality goes down or audio goes etc? Being pre recorded will make most use of a 60 minute show effectivly.

You could still get us the community involved by getting us to send you questions before you record the show. It would feel like a live stream but be more polished as i felt the dirt rally launch stream was very stop start stop start & didnt flow great, something that can be cut out in a pre recorded show.

p.s. The dirt rally livestream was good but it was your first one haha

Hello,

We are close to the release of f12015 and still no gameplay or information on the game, I understand that FOM does not allow the disclosure of certain information but I do not understand why there're no general information on the game itself.

I understand why it is not possible to disclose certain information before the release but as it is postponed for one month why it is not possible to disclose certain information before postpone the release, I highly doubt that the FOM to prevent codemasters sell his product because in the opposite case this license is a pure and simple aberration.

I ask the question without really having the answer is that Codemasters do not want to disclose information or that it is the FOM their forbidden.

Falcon4444

I am here because this forum link "F1 2015 no career mode?" was the TOP google result when i typed in "F1 2015 Codemasters".

So effectively it took 0.236secs to realise that I won't be buying this game as a result.

Google is telling the whole world there is no career mode in f1 2015.     :o

@LiteralZero 

Will all the practice sessions be availalbe in pro mode, this is a very big deal to me

*I meant championship mode*

@LiteralZero 

Will all the practice sessions be availalbe in pro mode, this is a very big deal to me
yes but only in pro mode however. This has already been stated one of the few things we do know about this game.

@LiteralZero 

yes but only in pro mode however. This has already been stated one of the few things we do know about this game.
Why is it like that? How hard is to have all practice sessions in normal championship season to? Why can't we have all practice sessions just because we don't want to use the cockpit cam? Takes away career mode and can't even give us all the practice sessions again just because we want to use t-cam instead of cockpit...