Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 No Career mode??

FMassa93 said:
@LiteralZero 

Will all the practice sessions be availalbe in pro mode, this is a very big deal to me
yes but only in pro mode however. This has already been stated one of the few things we do know about this game.
Why is it like that? How hard is to have all practice sessions in normal championship season to? Why can't we have all practice sessions just because we don't want to use the cockpit cam? Takes away career mode and can't even give us all the practice sessions again just because we want to use t-cam instead of cockpit...

Don't ask me ask CM they're the ones who made that decision. I merely reported what I remember reading but then it seems to me the whole 2015 game is a shambles anyway.

FMassa93 said:
@LiteralZero 

Will all the practice sessions be availalbe in pro mode, this is a very big deal to me
yes but only in pro mode however. This has already been stated one of the few things we do know about this game.
Why is it like that? How hard is to have all practice sessions in normal championship season to? Why can't we have all practice sessions just because we don't want to use the cockpit cam? Takes away career mode and can't even give us all the practice sessions again just because we want to use t-cam instead of cockpit...

Don't ask me ask CM they're the ones who made that decision. I merely reported what I remember reading but then it seems to me the whole 2015 game is a shambles anyway.
Yeah I know, was just a small mistake, I just saw the @LiteralZero name and thought it was he that posted...

Something I'd really like to know, (and hopefully @LiteralZero and/or @Britpoint are allowed to answer this) is whether the TecPro barriers deform when you hit them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2icY5k9pByE

This video clearly shows them in action, and I've spoken about this being in the game for years. They really affect the energy involved in a crash. In previous games they've remained static, but do they now move when you hit them? That would be awesome if they did.

mmpaw37 said:
Hello there folks!

Quick apology on my side as I was visiting family this past week so I have only just got back into the office this morning. 

As for the Project Cars discussion, in a thread such as this, discussion surround the career mode in the game and comparisons between that and the F1 games are fine in my eyes, as long as it is on-topic and civil. If the thread strays into a discussion purely about Project Cars then something might have to be done. For now, everything is (mostly) fine. 

Again, I know you want info, and it's not great we haven't been able to communicate with you as much as I'd personally like, but some of that isn't under our control (I know, you hear this a lot, but it's true).

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) and obviously as always on Twitter.

Thanks @LiteralZero, although to be fair, certain threads including this one has become mainly a Pcars discussion group..., and how can people compare it to F1 2015 when clearly they are not the same game...?

However, you're the manager so its in your hands; any mention or post is happen to view in relation to 'that' title I will just pass by...

So, Questions...Mmmm, let me think...

The podium celebrations..., what can we expect to see in regards to them? - Do they differ in any way from podium to podium, the drivers reactions etc...?

Your logic is off... nobody is trying to compare project cars with f1 2015 (because the game is just not out yet..also the lack of info)... we are however trying to compare it to some of the past Codies titles. 

@LiteralZero 

Imeant to put championship mode? Think its really unfair if only pro mode has it. Since everyone will be paying the same price for the game not letting certain players have certain features because of their playing ability is ridicilous!

@mmpaw37 Again i think your off because if you think about it is not entirely redundant. While Codemasters began its development for F1 2015 last year for next gen (and sadly have failed to even deliver in marketing, been a total joke so far).. SlightlyMadStudios began its development years ago compared to Codemasters (and its marketing and reception has been much more positive then F1 2015 even before Project Car's release date). All Codemasters have been doing is playing catch up with its competitors. Therefore compareing old titles fits quite nicely keeping in mind the most modern Formula A car in Project cars is from 2011. So if you where to go back and compare it to F1 2011 there is really no problem with that. The Formula A 2011 models where closest to F1 yet back then. While over the years the Codemasters Formula 1 physics, handling and aero has been improved a whole lot sadly its only been improved to be more accessible and not authentic. You can surely tell the Arcade Codemasters handling  vs Project Car's supeior accuracy and authenticity of the handling, physics & aero in its Formula cars. Yeah sure Project Cars has its problems that can be patched quite easy and its also its first major racing title that is not arcade related compared to the companie's older material they have been racing gods for a first crack at a almost full sim.. But none of them have been game breaking bugs compared to Codemasters failed spree since F1 2010.  They have also already rolled out the first patch information on there web site for Xbox one... they will stop when the game is perfect. Something Codies have also been well known for sometimes patching the game and causing further issues or just abandoning it completely by telling the public  "sorry we are already working on the next title" too bad.. The quality, communication, attention to problems, and the will to get it "perfect" speaks for itself between these two companies.   ;) 

@LiteralZero 

Imeant to put championship mode? Think its really unfair if only pro mode has it. Since everyone will be paying the same price for the game not letting certain players have certain features because of their playing ability is ridicilous!
I agree however that's the decision they've made so I guess we'll just have to put up with it. Same as with the lack of career mode and if we don't like it don't buy it. At least that's the stance I'm taking anyway.

@LiteralZero , first off, thanks for breaking the radio silence finally. I think I heard somewhere, that engine failures are now implemented, is that true? And also closely related to that question, has the damage model been improved? Hope you are allowed to answer that question, lol... A simple yes or no would do it tho.
I know it's not been great, but some stuff we just can't say. 

This might be one of those things that I can't talk about yet unfortunately. So I'm going to say nothing (sorry!) 
Can you show the forums to the people who sign off on everything and give you permission to say things. Do they know that their consumers (the reason they have a job) are irritated with the lack of information on the game. It seems like someone needs to give them a slap and let them know that the name "F1 2015" isn't going to sell as well as they might think.

mmpaw37 said:

That's exactly my point though...How can all this talk about Project C**P have anything to do with F1 2015 at this moment in time as we haven't seen the game in its entirety as of yet, and therefore F1 2015 could  be leaps above what we've all been expecting!...

...And by the way, trying to compare a 'Next-gen' title such as PC*** to 'Old-gen' titles is completely redundant in itself...

(Even the development team behind F1 2015 are stating 'faults' in the handling characteristics of PC***! :)

Look you clearly don't like PCARS, which is fine, but come on, PC**P?! Really? You're trying to tell people what they can and can't talk about and then you come out and say that...

I find mmpaw37 to be genuinely unsettling. When you have a look at this forum, you can be sure of two things.

1. Continued frustration at Codemasters.
2. Rubbish from mmpaw37 which is not only bad but also alarming at how the guy wants to be worm his way to being a moderator and/or a Codemasters employee.

Joethe155 said:
I find mmpaw37 to be genuinely unsettling. When you have a look at this forum, you can be sure of two things.

1. Continued frustration at Codemasters.
2. Rubbish from mmpaw37 which is not only bad but also alarming at how the guy wants to be worm his way to being a moderator and/or a Codemasters employee.

Unfortunately for me i could never become a Codemasters employee... i could never lie and steal like they do. Plus i would be truthful in my comments regarding the pieces of crap they release year after year. And i would most likely break the secret silent agent stance they hold. it ridiculous. 

Strange how you can compare the development time of project cars with F1 2015.

It took Project Cars 4 years to bring the game out, F1 2015 is being worked on since 2012 so 2/3 years. F1 has a type of car, Formula 1 (or Formula A), project cars has 60 different cars or. Project Cars has 30 locations with variations. Project Cars has game modes, F1 2015 has not. 

So Codemasters spent 3 years on the development of 1 car, 20 tracks, 1 game mode and an online multiplayer. And still managed to get it delayed...

It took Project Cars 4 years to bring the game out, F1 2015 is being worked on since 2012 so 2/3 years. F1 has a type of car, Formula 1 (or Formula A), project cars has 60 different cars or. Project Cars has 30 locations with variations. Project Cars has game modes, F1 2015 has not. 

So Codemasters spent 3 years on the development of 1 car, 20 tracks, 1 game mode and an online multiplayer. And still managed to get it delayed...
Not strange at all. F1 has what, 20 cars. CM has probably had access to car data since end of march. So not very long.

In fact it doesn't take that much time to graphically model the cars. It's the engine and underlying sim aspects that take all the dev time. Development time is not going to scale in a linear way as a function of cars and tracks.

And pcars was delayed, what, three times ? Once for over 6 months.

Where are you pulling this idea that F1 2015 has been worked on since 2012?

Also Project Cars Formula A, is a spec series. They make one car and slap a bunch of different liveries in it. F1 2015 has the 14 and 15 season, which has 11 and 10 teams. So Codemaster's have to make 21 F1 cars all with different performance and appearance.

I don't believe Codemaster's would have started work on 2015 till late 2013 at the earliest. Even if they did start it then they would have had to split the team so some could work on 2014 and the other to start work on 2015. So I'd wage they've only had 1.5-2 years on 2015.

I'm not saying Codemaster's are void of all criticism but there's no point in making stuff up to shill Project Cars

dirt3joe said:

Not strange at all. F1 has what, 20 cars. CM has probably had access to car data since end of march. So not very long.

In fact it doesn't take that much time to graphically model the cars. It's the engine and underlying sim aspects that take all the dev time. Development time is not going to scale in a linear way as a function of cars and tracks.

That would be true if CM bothered to make the F1 cars accurately. They are simply tiered into 6-7 categories. It's not like they spend hundreds of hours researched downforce levels, mechanical grip and tyre usage of the different cars. 

VDV23 said:
dirt3joe said:

That would be true if CM bothered to make the F1 cars accurately. They are simply tiered into 6-7 categories. It's not like they spend hundreds of hours researched downforce levels, mechanical grip and tyre usage of the different cars. 
How could they when the cars have only been out 3-4 months ? Non of the teams are going to give them access to that sort of data, and certainly any time available for collecting it would want to be used by the teams instead for testing. My guess is they moan enough at just having to give out the surface models. 

Also Project Cars Formula A, is a spec series. They make one car and slap a bunch of different liveries in it. F1 2015 has the 14 and 15 season, which has 11 and 10 teams. So Codemaster's have to make 21 F1 cars all with different performance and appearance.

I don't believe Codemaster's would have started work on 2015 till late 2013 at the earliest. Even if they did start it then they would have had to split the team so some could work on 2014 and the other to start work on 2015. So I'd wage they've only had 1.5-2 years on 2015.

I'm not saying Codemaster's are void of all criticism but there's no point in making stuff up to shill Project Cars
You have to look at when the first next gen dev kits were made available to developers. IIRC these were first made available to developers in April 2013, so it's reasonable to assume CM have had them since then. I remember at the time of release of 2013 there was some debate over whether it would be released on PS4/XB1.

I don't think he's trying to shill Pcars. He just doesn't understand where the bulk of the development work is on a game development project. It's easy in your head to say "this game has two cars and two tracks and this other one has one car and one track" therefore game 1 has 4x as much development time as game 2. In reality it's not like that at all.

Are you serious? All they are doing is changing a few parameters in the database to adjust different car performances.

mmpaw37 said:
Zombie said:
mmpaw37 said:
Hello there folks!

Quick apology on my side as I was visiting family this past week so I have only just got back into the office this morning. 

As for the Project Cars discussion, in a thread such as this, discussion surround the career mode in the game and comparisons between that and the F1 games are fine in my eyes, as long as it is on-topic and civil. If the thread strays into a discussion purely about Project Cars then something might have to be done. For now, everything is (mostly) fine. 

Again, I know you want info, and it's not great we haven't been able to communicate with you as much as I'd personally like, but some of that isn't under our control (I know, you hear this a lot, but it's true).

I'm about in this thread if you have any questions (within reason of course :smiley:) and obviously as always on Twitter.

Thanks @LiteralZero, although to be fair, certain threads including this one has become mainly a Pcars discussion group..., and how can people compare it to F1 2015 when clearly they are not the same game...?

However, you're the manager so its in your hands; any mention or post is happen to view in relation to 'that' title I will just pass by...

So, Questions...Mmmm, let me think...

The podium celebrations..., what can we expect to see in regards to them? - Do they differ in any way from podium to podium, the drivers reactions etc...?

Your logic is off... nobody is trying to compare project cars with f1 2015 (because the game is just not out yet..also the lack of info)... we are however trying to compare it to some of the past Codies titles. 

That's exactly my point though...How can all this talk about Project C**P have anything to do with F1 2015 at this moment in time as we haven't seen the game in its entirety as of yet, and therefore F1 2015 could  be leaps above what we've all been expecting!...

...And by the way, trying to compare a 'Next-gen' title such as PC*** to 'Old-gen' titles is completely redundant in itself...

(Even the development team behind F1 2015 are stating 'faults' in the handling characteristics of PC***! :)

But we have seen pCARS in it's entirety and we can say SMS did a very good job. This is the thread about F1 2015 having no career mode and we know that F1 2015 does not have a career mode.  So why the hell can't we say SMS did a better job on the Formula classes career mode?

And why are you using the pCARS name like it is some kind of filthy word? I really wonder what your gripe is with pCARS? If you are a motorsports fan or even only a F1 2015 fan you really should have some respect for SMS. 

When I am at the SMS forum I never talk bad about Codemasters F1 series because there is lot's of stuff Codemasters does better than SMS.

dirt3joe said:
VDV23 said:
dirt3joe said:

How could they when the cars have only been out 3-4 months ? Non of the teams are going to give them access to that sort of data, and certainly any time available for collecting it would want to be used by the teams instead for testing. My guess is they moan enough at just having to give out the surface models. 
I am talking about past titles. Which were also released much later in the season. 

VDV23 said:
dirt3joe said:
VDV23 said:
dirt3joe said:

I am talking about past titles. Which were also released much later in the season. 
Yeah. It would be alright in that case. After all, the teams would be completely willing to release all their performance telemetry data.

Codies could get their own telemetry data by doing maybe 5 laps or so in each car. They only probably cost about 5 grand a lap to run. The f1 drivers are earning maybe a million a race, but codies could sub in justbiglee instead to do the laps as a cost cutting measure. He'd be just as fast as hamilton and would put the car under the same stresses. If he puts the thing in the barrier then it's only a million odd quid down the drain. 

mmpaw37 said:
doyley101 said:
mmpaw37 said:

Look you clearly don't like PCARS, which is fine, but come on, PC**P?! Really? You're trying to tell people what they can and can't talk about and then you come out and say that...

Did you actually read my posts...?

I've never stated anything within those posts saying people cannot talk about Pcars, so I am not sure what you are referring to...?

All I stated was that if people wish to talk about Pcars, then they should do just that in the relevant forum or thread, NOT in an Official 'F1 General Discussion' forum by Codemasters...Isn't that where we are...?

...It's simple really; Is it because you take offense because - In my personal opinion, I think Pcars is absolute crap!...?

Yes  I read almost all of your posts. You really don't want to hear about pCARS. People are comparing F1 2015 and pCARS and you start screaming to stop it and even wanted moderators to stop people talking about pCARS and then you even start to post the pCARS name like it was filthy word.

And yes there it is, you hate pCARS so other people can't talk about it because you don't want to hear how other people do enjoy it.

take it easy dudes. go for a few laps and blow off that steam. You do realize these little arguments are none of your faults to begin with. This all directly stems from the silence Codemasters has set upon us... we have nothing better to talk about.. other franchises are better so why not talk about that. There is no F1 2015 news whatsoever. Opinions are opinions facts are facts. End of discussion. 

mmpaw37 said:
Well I guess the person that has mentioned pCARS the most in this thread is you! Well done  :p

Pathetic...

When you've grown up a little, then maybe you can present factual evidence that actually exists - Your comment is both ridiculous and childish...

Just an observation mate. No need to start insulting me