Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Fanatec handbrake

Having a issue with the original Fanatec usb handbrake. It has been working fine up until now. With it configured as I've always had it, the car wont move, I can accelerate and change gears but the car never moves from the start line. Once I unbind it in the options, the car will behave as normal. 

Any ideas?

Edit: Also, when I bind the handbrake to it, it now shows up as a steering axis (I get the picture of a steering wheel next to it) rather than axis x

23 hours ago, Evilsmurf said:

Having a issue with the original Fanatec usb handbrake. It has been working fine up until now. With it configured as I've always had it, the car wont move, I can accelerate and change gears but the car never moves from the start line. Once I unbind it in the options, the car will behave as normal. 

Any ideas?

Edit: Also, when I bind the handbrake to it, it now shows up as a steering axis (I get the picture of a steering wheel next to it) rather than axis x

Try to re-install the driver for it. That helped when it stopped showing up as an actual HB. 

I'm having lots of issues with the HB. Sometimes it get kind of a flimsy signal where it registers slight input randomly even though I'm not touching it. It doesn't lock the wheels when driving but it disconnects the drivetrain. The car behaves like the clutch is slipping randomly and sometimes I can't get off the start line as you say. 

Removing the metal casing and yanking around the interior usually solves the issue for a week or two. 

Just had a quick check on RBR, it does indeed look like the hand brake unit needs a strip and clean... what a POS this thing is. I think I'll get it working and punt it on...

Thanks for the info!