Time for me to say good bye. Please read Codies, this is an honest goodbye

Question

@Faya and to the whole Codemasters support team . just saw the last patch, happy to see the new Paul Riccard Pit Lane, and the chopper fixed.

However, I think is time for me to give it a rest in this forum.

I been working as hard as possible for this game to Improve, Just to be either ignored or even excluded for specific answers by this place Moderators, I am an Upbeat person, I would never disrespect anybody, but after 5 patches, I found that I am mostly not even answer. Videos, Pics and even a save game as evidence, I am a 7 months old Father, it has been really hard to be able to divide myself into supporting this team to give this game support, just to have a result of been ignored.

I will leave here a list of treads (all of them with evidence), do what you want with these. I don't care anymore, hope it helps for the future, I will go to enjoy my game in my spare time and not worry anymore on helping no one else.

Note: I work on a Development company as an Agile coach, I understand a lot of prioritization and active communications (LOTS), I am not asking for my posts to be fixed ASAP, I am not even asking for you to say "yes we will look into it", I am asking for honesty and transparency in been respectful enough to say "we do not consider this worthy of our already full or limited capacity to attend.

I am not mad, I am disappointed. Just hope you will read this.

Thanks for all your efforts, as I know you are working your soul off to help this. It is your manners attending this community that is forcing me to leave.

Farewell to all 

Ignored posts:

•  
  • Attended, not fixed:
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 6

Hi @Max Sirman

I’m sorry to hear you’re leaving. We really do appreciate everyone that takes the time to come to the forums to post any issues that they find and let us know if they've found something that appears wrong.

While I know we don’t get to respond to every thread, the team is still reading as many threads as we can. I can tell you that we have noted your threads in our reports, even though they were not marked on the forums.

• Disagree 2

Well I can't say I'd miss you after seeing you tagging peeps way too many times (20 in just those threads!). If everyone tags Faya, it's the same as no one tagging Faya.

• Disagree 5

Sorry to hear that you are going and unlike @UP100 I thank you for all your time dedicated to supporting this game series develope into something better like many others here on this forum. Even if ignored by the game's team, rest assured that the dedicated community always listens. I wish you an your family the best for the future and good luck in your career.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

Sorry to hear that you are going and unlike @UP100 I thank you for all your time dedicated to supporting this game series develope into something better like many others here on this forum. Even if ignored by the game's team, rest assured that the dedicated community always listens. I wish you an your family the best for the future and good luck in your career.

Thank you kindly MrGhost

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, Max Sirman said:

@Faya and to the whole Codemasters support team . just saw the last patch, happy to see the new Paul Riccard Pit Lane, and the chopper fixed.

I been working as hard as possible for this game to Improve, Just to be either ignored or even excluded for specific answers by this place Moderators, I am an Upbeat person, I would never disrespect anybody, but after 5 patches, I found that I am mostly not even answer. Videos, Pics and even a save game as evidence, I am a 7 months old Father, it has been really hard to be able to divide myself into supporting this team to give this game support, just to have a result of been ignored.

I will leave here a list of treads (all of them with evidence), do what you want with these. I don't care anymore, hope it helps for the future, I will go to enjoy my game in my spare time and not worry anymore on helping no one else.

Note: I work on a Development company as an Agile coach, I understand a lot of prioritization and active communications (LOTS), I am not asking for my posts to be fixed ASAP, I am not even asking for you to say "yes we will look into it", I am asking for honesty and transparency in been respectful enough to say "we do not consider this worthy of our already full or limited capacity to attend.

Thanks for all your efforts, as I know you are working your soul off to help this. It is your manners attending this community that is forcing me to leave.

Farewell to all 

Ignored posts:

• Attended, not fixed:

Seconded,

it’s the lack of feedback that frustrates. 

A formal bug reporting system , tech support tickets etc would go some way towards that. 

Why should software be any different to a Logitech mouse or headset. 

I accept even Logitech might not be able to fix an inherent design flaw until a future release, but at least there is a formal way to lodge a complaint.

this forums approach just doesn’t cut it.

• Agree 2

I've asked for over a month why Leaderboards at Silverstone and others aren't updating. Created 2 threads and not even a simple, "Yes, that is a core part of the game and we will look into it eventually."

• Agree 2

@Max Sirman it is one of the biggest complaints i have seen on any forum... the lack of communication, except for the select few people that get any reply's.   I don't know if the Forum Staff have their hands tied from upper management or are just warned to ignore most posts but take notes on the problems.    They are a few things that aren't really acknowledged publicly in the forums but are fixed in later patch releases. 

What the forums need is a Mediator Team that can freely interact between Forum Members and Codemasters Staff on DAILY POSTS.   This is not something that can be done by 1 or 2 persons but rather a team of no less than 5 per game title (just my suggestion) and that can keep communication going.     I know people will say "but they do have people/members that reply  (above tagged members -faya etc.)" but i am talking about people that communicate on a regular basis and are constantly active in the forums.... maybe even look at 'hiring' forum members - well known and respected in the community - for the job and there is not a break in communication, or i should say lack of it on most topics.

This is an ongoing issue that is seen across all platforms..... and it's sad that it takes people like @Max Sirman and countless others to create posts like this complaining about the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Max Sirman

you're totally right.

me too is done with this arrogant and disrespectful behaviour of Codemasters. They don't give a **** about the community.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/6/2019 at 4:27 PM, Max Sirman said:

Farewell to all 

Ignored posts:

• Attended, not fixed:

Halleluja! @Max Sirman

I know this too good. Posted Bugs about the SC, career, driver transfers, asked for Online Championship Coop. "No further action needed" - Codemasters

Shame...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi @Max Sirman

I’m sorry to hear you’re leaving. We really do appreciate everyone that takes the time to come to the forums to post any issues that they find and let us know if they've found something that appears wrong.

While I know we don’t get to respond to every thread, the team is still reading as many threads as we can. I can tell you that we have noted your threads in our reports, even though they were not marked on the forums.

He's not the only one @Faya.

for me it's done too, CM doesn't care about how they make ranked online lobbies an all out exploit assists fest and all my other topics and replies regarding this, and not ever 1! Single reply or action. I have had it with CM and their so called realistic ********. They don't give 1!!!! **** about non assist players who actually have the skills but are beeing **** in the face by your broken SKILL rewarding system which caters only assist exploiting players. If you can't see how assists are beeing exploited in ranked lobbies you must be either BLIND or completely STUPID. The way CM handles the players who want to play in the most realistic way like ****! If you look at the weekly events, it's assists users everywhere. It a disgrace! Online, ranked, you only care for those assist exploiting scum who know how to abuse them to the max.

The way CM is disrespectful to us, YOUR community is ridiculous and disgracefull. 

not pointing at you faya, youre just the messenger

Edited by AlexTT
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@Faya maybe you guys (the team) that are responsible for the Forums can implement a kind of acknowledgment system to give Forum Members some form of assurance it has been looked at.  I'm not a web developer so not sure how that can be worked into the forum itself.   But it will go a long way with Forum Members to see a form of acknowledgement from your team and not feel ignored.

Just a thought... 

• Agree 1

The fact no assist players don't have a lobby in Ranked or Weeklies is ridiculously. A 25% race, weather or not, vs someone using TCS, race line, exterior cam etc is total garbage. The no assist player has to be at least twice as good to be competitive.

And something do fundamental as Leaderboards not updating your times for months is ridiculous. Going back over a decade, even Forza hasn't had that issue. No issue with PCars on that front either.

But the code Masters spend their time patching friggin helicopters. Who ever is making the priority list over there needs to find another line of work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

patching friggin helicopters

HAHAHAHA.... you didn't like the Jet Helicopters?? LOL

20 hours ago, bluwaters said:

What the forums need is a Mediator Team that can freely interact between Forum Members and Codemasters Staff on DAILY POSTS.   This is not something that can be done by 1 or 2 persons but rather a team of no less than 5 per game title (just my suggestion) and that can keep communication going.     I know people will say "but they do have people/members that reply  (above tagged members -faya etc.)" but i am talking about people that communicate on a regular basis and are constantly active in the forums.... maybe even look at 'hiring' forum members - well known and respected in the community - for the job and there is not a break in communication, or i should say lack of it on most topics.

Right... I see some problems with this.

• What does "hiring community members" mean? We have 3 community moderators and that's about it. If they would need to hire someone, they would hire a professional. PJTierney was also a community member as well before he was hired to Codies as the DiRT Community Manager. And he has been part of the community for at least 5 years.
  • How could Codies justify 5 random communication peeps per game? Have you seen their finances and the news of not getting profit for ages?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bluwaters said:

HAHAHAHA.... you didn't like the Jet Helicopters?? LOL

lol They were a problem, but it was like wiping up spilled milk while the entire neighborhood is on fire.

Edited by DaleRossi
Spelling
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

He has a point ,

we all thought the helicopter thing was funny but not a game breaker,

the real f1 iceman kimi stated the game is not so good since patch 1.06 and 1.07.

i truly believed they would either rollback to patch 1.05 ,or improve game with patch 1.07.

i am a fan of codemasters but they don't like me because I am honest and truthful, if something is broken then fixed it,

all I can see and I've tested game is since patch 1.06 and 1.07 the game is full of silly bugs , ffb for t300 thrustmaster is terrible ,

On release game play and ffb was better then pcars2 ,

now overall sound is quiet ,

past  stated ps4 uk ,

t300 thrustmaster wheel ,

league owners  of many different past sim racing games,

and thousands of hours testing , racing. ,

i own a PC. And f1 2019. Is worse . 

If you codemasters want to send me a USB  stick with self addressed envolpe , I will record data and post back,

i did ask Sony for refund and stated the reasons why ,but yet to email me back,

i suppose once they have your money that's it, I was brought in a way if somethings faulty and caused by faulty updates or patches and nothing is being done then you should get a full refund ,

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I'm on Xbox, but with a Fanatec F1 wheel I never thought the FFB was great to begin with.  It's not like it is impossible, Assetto Corsa has phenomenal FFB and it's many years old.

BUT, I can get over the half baked FFB. What us unacceptable is Zero craps given towards Sim players. I'm spending a ton of time learning tracks that are new to me since I dont use the race line and am in s couole leagues. But at this point, I'm starting to go back to PCars 2 and AC because the multiplayer for No Assist users is reprehensible.

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Right... I see some problems with this.

• What does "hiring community members" mean? We have 3 community moderators and that's about it. If they would need to hire someone, they would hire a professional. PJTierney was also a community member as well before he was hired to Codies as the DiRT Community Manager. And he has been part of the community for at least 5 years.
  • How could Codies justify 5 random communication peeps per game? Have you seen their finances and the news of not getting profit for ages?

These were just some suggestions.... 5 was a number i put out there.. it could be 10, 20 or more people. How many ever they want was what i was getting at ... I don't know their budget LOL
I also didn't say "random peeps"....   i said "well known and respected within the community" and i would presume it would be people that have a lot of interaction already in here and are trusted and built up a network within the forums with other members.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

These were just some suggestions.... 5 was a number i put out there.. it could be 10, 20 or more people. How many ever they want was what i was getting at ... I don't know their budget LOL
I also didn't say "random peeps"....   i said "well known and respected within the community" and i would presume it would be people that have a lot of interaction already in here and are trusted and built up a network within the forums with other members.

Well their financial situation can be found by going to http://www.codemasters.com/investors/ 🙂 

But who are "well know and respected within the community"? I think that would rule out the off-topic section, the GRID section and possibly the F1 section. Would you consider our moderators well known and respected within the community? I don't know what I would consider them as most peeps from pre-2014 era are long gone.

11 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi @Max Sirman

Since I left the notifications UP on this forums, I just returning to say thanks for all the support towards it, and I fully agree with all of my fellow members on their pains.

This is also including you that took a moment to answer my goodbye (That stands unchanged)

The issue with what you are saying Faya is that I reported the Eau Rouge and Reflection issues on the Ferrari F2004 on f1 2018 (truth be told the 80ties Lotus was fixed for F1 2019) and nothing has been done, not only that, the 2003 Williams has this issue now as well 

So is very hard to believe that this will be attended if no official answer is given, maybe  I am wrong, and this year will be different.

Anyway, my time is limited due to fatherhood, and I pretend to enjoy the f1 2019 more than I have the F1 2018. 

PD: of all the issues I posted, if This tread helped you notice my posts (Thing that I think is not very nice to all the other people that are enduring and not giving up as me}, PLEASE I BEG YOU, make the team improve the tearing on the wet for PS4 pro (Having said that, thanks to all, I ll keep reading this forum from time to time, but as a guest, and a contributor no more.

Really happy seeing so many people stand for the quality of this wonderful game.

• Like 2

1. 09 Has not fixed any of this issues.

@Faya, this is bassically the point of why I left. I hope my reasons are clear

• Agree 2