Sign in to follow this  

Teammate Upgrades

Hello, is anybody else's teammate getting their upgrades? I've currently done 5 seasons with Alfa Romeo and 4 of those seasons have had Lance Stroll as my partner, now I understand he is rubbish in the F1 games, but I have a fully upgraded car and he he barely makes it past P19 every race, is something wrong?

Im in the second season with Williams and im making progress. So my teammate. It works to me. Kubica Ai isn´t that good, but he gets better now. 

17 hours ago, blokeyface said:

Hello, is anybody else's teammate getting their upgrades? I've currently done 5 seasons with Alfa Romeo and 4 of those seasons have had Lance Stroll as my partner, now I understand he is rubbish in the F1 games, but I have a fully upgraded car and he he barely makes it past P19 every race, is something wrong?

Its because Stroll’s AI is really slow. Teammates relative pace to you should remain the same.

I understand that. But with a fully maxed out car, even a terrible teammate should get some points during a season. This is not the case.

13 minutes ago, blokeyface said:

I understand that. But with a fully maxed out car, even a terrible teammate should get some points during a season. This is not the case.

Well, that not necessarily true. Three important things to consider:

1) the gap between your team and everyone else in the performance chart (if they're close then driver AI skill may make a big difference on actual results)

2) the performance chart is not a perfect representation of car performance (it values chassis/aero/engine exactly the same when in reality some are more impactful than others)

3) qualifying sim times: this may cause Stroll to drop back on the grid which makes scores points more difficult of course.

Having said that, I just remembered Stroll actually isn't that bad in the game vs real life (it only seems like that since Perez is so OP), so he should really score some points.

An interesting point would be if you could indicate whether your on track lap time difference has increased between yourself and Stroll throughout your career. If so, it's more likely that you just got better at the game and need to increase difficulty.

• Thanks 1