Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G29 Force Shifter not working properly

Fx18

I have an issue with the G29 Force Shifter. The game, technically recognises the Shifter and the correct gears in the control settings, however, I'm just not able to use it. The only way I can change gears is by using the shift pedals, thus it's not necesarry to use the clutch to change gears. I've just bought the Force Shifter in order to use the clutch properly and it does work in other games like Forza Horizon too, so it's definetly functioning. 

12 minutes ago, Fx18 said:

I have an issue with the G29 Force Shifter. The game, technically recognises the Shifter and the correct gears in the control settings, however, I'm just not able to use it. The only way I can change gears is by using the shift pedals, thus it's not necesarry to use the clutch to change gears. I've just bought the Force Shifter in order to use the clutch properly and it does work in other games like Forza Horizon too, so it's definetly functioning. 

Wouldn't it only work in the classics that had gearsticks? You wouldn't drive an F1 car like a Nissan Micra.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Wouldn't it only work in the classics that had gearsticks? You wouldn't drive an F1 car like a Nissan Micra.

True. However, I'm way better using the shifter and it says on the website that the game supports the shifter, so at least I want to try driving with it. 

2 hours ago, Fx18 said:

True. However, I'm way better using the shifter and it says on the website that the game supports the shifter, so at least I want to try driving with it. 

The shifter is optional to the G27/G29/G920, so the paddle shift would be supported in every configuration. The DF Shifter might only be supported for the cars that have it.

Hell, I don't even use the clutch pedal on the pedalset I have. Well, not as a clutch but as a brake pedal with a spring mod. I only have to remap the brake to the 'clutch', heck I could just make a modded pedal adapter that switches the wires around in the adapter. It might make me quicker as I change an axis to a button, even though the potentiometer has full travel (it's off a G25).

Archived