Idea - short full quali

So I’m in a league that has started doing full quali. Which is a lot of fun and adds a bit of strategy to the race. But....it takes ages. 

As an idea for future titles I reckon there could be a hybrid short full quali. Where each driver gets a single hotlap, but you go through the 3 quali phases. 

Or even just a way to set shorter time periods for each quali session.  As in 10-8-5 or something.

food for thought  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Yeah I've always thought that would be a cool way to spice things up

Yeah a short full quali would be good. I race 100% anyway so doesn’t really effect me, but when wanting to do quicker races, like 25% the quali still takes an hour. I think a triple one shot  quali would be good. 3 maximum pressure laps. 1 shot quali can be intense, imagine having to do 3 laps like that in a row. 

On 8/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, johnboy83 said:

Yeah a short full quali would be good. I race 100% anyway so doesn’t really effect me, but when wanting to do quicker races, like 25% the quali still takes an hour. I think a triple one shot  quali would be good. 3 maximum pressure laps. 1 shot quali can be intense, imagine having to do 3 laps like that in a row. 

Yep. We have the situation where everyone just sits in the pit for the first 90% of each quali phase. Lol. Rolls out for one or two hot laps when the track has rubbered in.