Sign in to follow this  

Setup for Grid start

Hi fellow racers,

what is the best setup for a great Grid start in an event?

i thought my setup was good, but when the first race in an event, I got passed and lost 4 to 5 positions. Even though I had a perfect start! 

Much appreciated!

Generally, max handling for Monaco and maybe Hungary, and max aero for everywhere else.

Currently, no setup can save you from falling behind in a grid start because that’s a bug that our friends at Codies have refused to eliminate. Off the start, it helps to pick a line that minimizes your odds of being rammed by the stampede behind you.

• Agree 2

The one thing you could do is to block them before first corner by going left and right.That is what Im doing and it works fine.After first corner is no more danger unless you make mistake.If you make mistake,just retry the race before it ends…..

• Agree 3

i found that max balanced worked (highest overall car score) better for me in the last event on the grid start. I then switched to full aero for the 2nd and 3rd parts,

• Agree 1

Max aero always for every game mode. No reason to use otherwise. Grid duels have been broken since update 2. You have to aggressively block at the start to avoid falling back to 12th. Weave back and forth across the track. You'll have to do it several times as there's a rubber band effect where will fall back only to come charging hard aggressively in sector 3.

The game just isn't programmed well. Remember, it's not a Sim like the consoles. It's a casual mobile racer like all the others out there.

• Agree 2