Why F1 2019 career sucks

1.       R and D is too fast for AI. Spoils the experience and makes it frustrating for the player. No semblance of realism when AI controlled Renault start the season as the 5th fastest car then leap to the top by the 8th race of the season. Watching top teams like Ferrari drop to 6th fastest car after a couple of seasons really pulls you out.

2.       Driver transfers are a potentially great feature that have been rushed and spoiled. Seems pretty luck of the draw as to whether the transfers in you career have any kind of realistic feel but seems the majority of cases they are pretty ridiculous.

3.       Random difficulty spikes. On F1  2018 I had the AI at 100 and the consistency was pretty good. I never had to change it apart from Monaco. With F1 2019 I have to change it almost every race to get a decent balance as some tracks have huge spikes in difficulty. I play at 90 on F1 2019, At Canada I got Pole in the Red Bull (6th fastest car then in my game) by over a second. At Monaco I put the AI down to 50 and qualified 11th

4.       AI too hard in wet weather and its too hard to cope with changing conditions when you don’t get the Same grip as the AI.

• Agree 14

38 minutes ago, 1henryw said:

R and D is too fast for AI. Spoils the experience and makes it frustrating for the player. No semblance of realism when AI controlled Renault start the season as the 5th fastest car then leap to the top by the 8th race of the season. Watching top teams like Ferrari drop to 6th fastest car after a couple of seasons really pulls you out.

Season 2 of my career. Williams is last in the performance chart. After a whole season, Williams is now almost maxed out and second, and first beginning of season 3! Completely unrealistic.

I spent 7,000 resources points earned during the latest GP of season 2. After upgrading, my team is still 9th and only upgrade slightly on the chart.

I will begin a new season with Red Bull (2nd behind Williams), no choice to swap team to have a chance of doing something in this game.

Next year, I will wait till summer promotion on the PS Store and get a full year of GP since career won’t be fixed next year. This is voluntary done by CM to make things more vivid but sorry this is repetitive (same sessions, challenges) but I don’t like career like this.

Still enjoying the game though.

Codemasters are killjoys and they either are a bunch of incompetent people or just care about the money and don‘t listen to our ideas/wishes to make the game better. But it shows you just enough that Faya doesn‘t even forward the important topics that we‘ve been throwing at them for ages (like official HUD, Safety car, midseason driver transfers, ridiculous AI car development) because I believe she really doesn‘t care, too.

My hopes have completely gone to zero in regards to anything good being done by them. And at this point I don‘t even care about getting banned because I tell how the truth is. And I want to rub the truth in their faces because they do a lousy job and I have no problem telling you this @Faya. If you want to lose yout longtime customers and supporters just continue to ignore the real issues this game has had since release. 👍🏼 Great job.

Now please feel free to ban me cause that‘s the most convenient way to get rid of people who tell the truth you don‘t want to hear!

• Like 1

I never understood why people are so obsessed with career mode. I've never played career mode in an F1 game.

Championship mode is where it's at.

• Agree 2

Reading all the reaction, I wander if I will make my first race of season 3 and jump instead right into Championship mode.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Reading all the reaction, I wander if I will make my first race of season 3 and jump instead right into Championship mode.

I think I'll be done with career after season 2 as well. Apart from the lack of logic in the driver transfer system, the super fast development kind of kills it for me. It all goes so quick it just doesn't feel like F1 anymore after a season or two as everything's mixed up completely.

It's a shame because there's so much potential, it's a really good racing game and I'm still enjoying it a lot, I just feel career needs a lot of rebalancing.

Edited by Worntoathread

Had I only read this and other topics regarding horrible AI before purchasing the game 😕

For some strange reason, everytime CM tries something "new" with this game, they always overdo it. 

Does difficulty affect the R&D points etc you get? 100% AI you get more or less than 50% AI? 

8 hours ago, HDR10 said:

I never understood why people are so obsessed with career mode. I've never played career mode in an F1 game.

Championship mode is where it's at.

I've always played, and enjoyed, Career mode. But I'll give Championship Mode a go to see if I get a better AI experience there 👍

This Game is dying already......can't be that bad for god's sake

I am one of those who refuses to buy the game, till after a few patches have been added and to see the reviews from all of you beta testers

Well looks like my judgment was right all along, wish a lot of other people on here would wake up and stop buying these copy paste jobs..

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Season 2 of my career. Williams is last in the performance chart. After a whole season, Williams is now almost maxed out and second, and first beginning of season 3! Completely unrealistic.

I spent 7,000 resources points earned during the latest GP of season 2. After upgrading, my team is still 9th and only upgrade slightly on the chart.

I will begin a new season with Red Bull (2nd behind Williams), no choice to swap team to have a chance of doing something in this game.

Next year, I will wait till summer promotion on the PS Store and get a full year of GP since career won’t be fixed next year. This is voluntary done by CM to make things more vivid but sorry this is repetitive (same sessions, challenges) but I don’t like career like this.

Still enjoying the game though.

May i ask who's in the Williams? Is Butler or Weber in it?

2 hours ago, Heinos said:

May i ask who's in the Williams? Is Butler or Weber in it?

Vettel and Hamilton! They just transferred. Last year, it was Russell and Raikonnen.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

Vettel and Hamilton! They just transferred. Last year, it was Russell and Raikonnen.

Oh okay! I was just curious because i also read stories about the teams were Butler or Weber were in it, are developing much faster than anyone else.

So it's not the case in your career 🙂 . Thanks!

Posted (edited)

No, but I think they had a lot of drivers transfers and each time the team received a lot of resource points. This may explain why they develop so unrealisticly fast.

Edited by philappleraily
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

At least stop silly transfers mid season

Exactly this. If the issue is indeed teams get an injection of R&D points when a driver transfers which is screwing up R&D speed through a season, then getting rid of mid-season transfers resolves/helps 3 things:

1) don't get stupid transfers mid-season like the leader of the championship to a mid-table team

2) R&D won't be as fast and unrealistic as it currently is

3) More end of season transfers can also (not too many of course) can help to shake up the grid if they keep the R&D injection from the transfer. A bit like they developed well in the off-season/pre-season testing, which I'm all for!

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 2

I agree, with all of this, something needs to change. I'm at season 5 and have stopped playing because progression is pretty much non existent for me

The same for me.
I only play in career mode and I'm disgusted because AI's R&D is faster than mine.

Besides, all these stupid transfers don't look like anything. Who had such a stupid idea. When you start a career, the game should ask you if you want transfers or not.

In short, the game is not bad in itself, but with these R&D problems, the career mode is not interesting this year.

21 hours ago, 1henryw said:

1.       R and D is too fast for AI. Spoils the experience and makes it frustrating for the player. No semblance of realism when AI controlled Renault start the season as the 5th fastest car then leap to the top by the 8th race of the season. Watching top teams like Ferrari drop to 6th fastest car after a couple of seasons really pulls you out.

2.       Driver transfers are a potentially great feature that have been rushed and spoiled. Seems pretty luck of the draw as to whether the transfers in you career have any kind of realistic feel but seems the majority of cases they are pretty ridiculous.

3.       Random difficulty spikes. On F1  2018 I had the AI at 100 and the consistency was pretty good. I never had to change it apart from Monaco. With F1 2019 I have to change it almost every race to get a decent balance as some tracks have huge spikes in difficulty. I play at 90 on F1 2019, At Canada I got Pole in the Red Bull (6th fastest car then in my game) by over a second. At Monaco I put the AI down to 50 and qualified 11th

4.       AI too hard in wet weather and its too hard to cope with changing conditions when you don’t get the Same grip as the AI.

Exactly same issues !