Why F1 2019 career sucks

I don't think the AI can climb that fast without driver transfers which is a problem they definitely SHOULD patch.

The transfers in my game have been pretty minimal and the shifting in positions is nowhere near as extreme as a bottom team hitting the top inside of a season.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I agree driver transfers probably have a big negative effect in the R&D and is likely the reason why Haas is so op in my career already in season 2 as they got 2 new drivers in Perez and Verstappen, probably giving them thousands of extra resource points...And the chart looks like this: (Alfa Romeo as well got Pierre Gasly moving in)

20190818_212819.jpg

And the real top teams Mercedes and Ferrari do not bother to even upgrade. Lol they are both soon dead last which is so stupid in my opinion.

Edited by ZTheLightningZ
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ZTheLightningZ said:

Yeah I agree driver transfers probably have a big negative effect in the R&D and is likely the reason why Haas is so op in my career already in season 2 as they got 2 new drivers in Perez and Verstappen, probably giving them thousands of extra resource points...And the chart looks like this: (Alfa Romeo as well got Pierre Gasly moving in)

20190818_212819.jpg

And the real top teams Mercedes and Ferrari do not bother to even upgrade. Lol they are both soon dead last which is so stupid in my opinion

Yep it is immensely stupid having Ferrari anywhere near the back runners. Would they ever accept that in F1? Never. The only way this would happen is if the rules changed to not suit Ferrari and let's face it, they'd sooner leave F1 than race last all the time. They'd moan their heads off until whatever rule that did not benefit them was abolished, lol. Ferrari should always be around the contenders for the title top 1-3. Anything below is a disgrace, haha.

• Agree 2

The current R&D pace for AI teams is really bad but what is even worse is that Codemasters keeps ignoring this issue and isn’t at least providing a statement. 👎

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Yes I politely asked them to give us an update and just got completely ignored. If they would just let us know if it will be fixed that would be great. At the moment I've put the career mode on hold, as have others, because there is no point playing like this. If its not going to be fixed I can stick the game on ebay whilst it will still fetch a decent amount. 

• Agree 3

About transfers, they have reduced the number of transfers in career mode in the last patch? Because in my current career I had only 1 transfer in season 1 and only 2 between season 1 and 2, and a decent R&D too

• Like 1

I'm season 3 (game currently on hold in hope they patch AI r and d)

Vettel and verstaphen just went to Haas. Hamilton moved from Ferrari to Red Bull, Groegen to Ferrari, Leckerc to Mercedes etc etc. 

Alfa Romeo and McLaren had maxed R and D with Haas a fraction behind. When I left it I'd just done two ultimate upgrades to move into 8th place in r and d charts just ahead of Ferrari in 9th and my old team, Toro Rosso, in last.

I aced every single practice mode at every race and did all the point reduction upgrades in aero and power. What a massive, massive waste of my time. Not fun at all just really frustrating and disappointing.

• Like 1