Sign in to follow this  

forklift truck steering

thank you all for the feedback some recommendations have been noted.you have all been so helpful in this social experiment. 

• Confused 1

This whole thread's a mess, I expect better from some of you guys ūüėȬ†

On 8/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, Auduns said:

First of all, you are all embarrasing yourselves in this thread. OP for not thinking through his way of communicating, and the rest of you for not answering constructive and therefore fuelling the discussion.

Third, please everyone, before you post anything, read through it and try to see it from the other side, is there anything in your wording that can be perceived as offencive, and likewise, when you read a post, please try and reread a few times, to see if the person is trying to get a message through thats just obscured by bad wording.

Thanks

This however, this post I like.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:16 AM, ark13700 said:

pj is the social media manager, not the physics coder.

Damn straight. I'm one of the bridges between you guys and the dev team but outside of a little HTML/CSS it's all The Matrix to me ūüėÖ

On 8/8/2019 at 12:16 AM, ark13700 said:

Even if the game's physics works on a pivot system, if you want to change it it would have to be in a new game, as it is way too much work to be economically viable for a free patch.

It means the entire car physics system would have to be rebuilt from the ground up, including researching how the new suspension and tyre physics should interact with loose surfaces (other game companies wouldn't just give codies their notes). 

The game engine would probably also need to be changed. The AI would need to be rebalanced for every car class to correlate with the changed player times from the new physics. Also the force feedback would need to be overhauled to work, and you know how long that takes.

This sounds logical.

Major physisc/handling changes are unlikely given where we are in the game's life cycle. The feedback may have an effect on future titles but again, I'm not the expert on that.

Anyway, locking the thread up as not much else needs to be said.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1