Sign in to follow this  

forklift truck steering

hay pj can we have a fix for the forklift truck steering that is ever present in this game !!!!!!,cars have front wheels for steering and not like a forklift trucks that have rear wheel steering please.some REALISM would be nice instead of this wishy washy bs.sim racer not arcade.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ianism said:

Image result for go away gif

asking organ grinder not his monkey. you go away troll

14 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

you go away troll

uh, you're the one posting ridiculous nonsensical bs, not me.

asking organ grinder not his monkey.

Image result for wtf gif

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ianism said:

@Mike Dee I don't even think I know what that gif is from!

Blink 182 - First Date

And holy hell does this make me realize I'm really old 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

listen just because you don't agree with my opinion does not make it bs,look at how many others have posted about the car not pivoting correctly as in steering from the rear.better handling is better for all no ?.just asking the question to the man that can give us a definitive answer so what's your problem with me asking ?.or is it that if someone posts something you don't like you try to troll them off the forum.you don't ask you don't know.

Edited by chrisjaf
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

listen just because you don't agree with my opinion does not make it bs, look at how many others have posted about the car not pivoting correctly as in steering from the rear.

I've been very active on the forum for 6 months, and I have not seen many posts at all that criticize the handling - definitely none by actually good drivers. the game has some problems, but the cars' handling is not one of them. if you are trying to argue something highly doubtful like this, the burden of proof is on you.

so show us these posts by actually good drivers with experience in real-life rally driving, or shut up.

everyone has the right to an opinion? sure. but some opinions are more informed than others. just because you have the right to an opinion does not mean I am not allowed to tell you it is uninformed and bs. just because you have an opinion about the handling in the game does not mean it is correct, or that we or the devs have to listen to you.

you have posted a lot of ridiculous stuff in the last couple of weeks and I am tired of it, so I posted the Go Away gif, because that's how I feel: your posts contribute nothing and are very uninformed. that's my opinion. I have a right to it just as you have the right to yours.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

just asking the question to the man that can give us a definitive answer so what's your problem with me asking ?

Let’s see:

4 hours ago, chrisjaf said:

some REALISM would be nice instead of this wishy washy bs.sim racer not arcade.

This is the problem – you’re never “just asking”, you’re relentlessly hostile, abrasive and condescending, the latter of which is doubly shameful given your terrible communication skills.

• Agree 3

Front wheel moved first of course, but in high grip, the rear wheel usually follows the path of where front wheel passed, (or slightly outside of corner) but the rear wheel was just sliding all over the place.

People who do rally IRL, or do circuit race with low grip will understand what I am trying to point it out. 

Rear wheel was biting the white line around a second since the front wheel left the white line.

After the corner entry, when I try to exit the corner, the rear wheel can't find proper grip and slightly slides which does not make any sense, even in FWD cars.

Am I the only one who feels that? It reminds me movement of Colin McRae games with just a bit limited rear of car movement.    

someone wrote either here or on Codemasters forum, that most / all cars have wrong settings for rear toe-in ... 

This is very much an actual issue and it's been there since DR1.

It's most noticeable on flowing cambered tarmac roads like Spain. The rear end rarely stays in line or follow the track of the front, it always seems to be traveling slightly laterally over the surface even though you didn't actually overcome the grip of the tire.
If you exit a fast right corner and you are just about to straighten the car out, the rear end wanders to the left as you do so, making you countersteer even though you didn't actually overcome the grip. It makes the tarmac experience sluggish and vague.

This issue increases with speed and the more weight you have at the rear. 

Spain is the worst example, while Germany feels better thanks to the different road characteristics. 

This behavior is surely there on all surfaces, but since the cars are always moving around on gravel its harder to spot and doesn't pose as much of a problem.

Orrus iconGames.png 19 Jun @ 8:17pm 

Has it been confirmed the cars are all center-pivot steering, and not true front wheel steering? That would explain the rear rotating before it should/more than it should.
I really wish this game had the physical accuracy of something like BeamNG where you can truly feel weight transfer, suspension load, tire flex etc.
Montago iconGames.png 20 Jun @ 8:00am 

Originally posted by Orrus:
Has it been confirmed the cars are all center-pivot steering
well... judging by the very weird barrel rolls (hammer throw style) it looks like some physics are definitly wrong. 

Cars also understeer extremely compared to DR1 - which might explain the notion that they are pivot controlled... 

That being said - i can perfectly make Scandinavian flicks in this game, so something IS working..
  • Agree 2

if you need more head over to steam forum for some extra reading pal,pj knows about it that's why i asked him and not all you minions on here.

29 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

Let’s see:

This is the problem – you’re never “just asking”, you’re relentlessly hostile, abrasive and condescending, the latter of which is doubly shameful given your terrible communication skills.

so asking for real pivot points is bs. get over yourself, keyboard warrior bet your mummy is very proud of you.p.s been stinking rich will do that to you,one day you may find out ?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

if you need more head over to steam forum for some extra reading pal,pj knows about it that's why i asked him and not all you minions on here.

nah, I'm not going to read stuff from a bunch of idiots who think DR 1 is the best game ever made and are still mad that DR2 was released with different (i.e. better) physics, a few too many bugs and a slightly different car list. I have better things to do with my time.

so I'm going to say it again. show us the posts or shut up. the burden of proof is on you.

also, calling people who have destroyed your line of argument the minions of whatever it is you disagree with is a terrible debating tactic.

so I'm going to say it again.

Image result for go away gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah yes, because the Steam forums are renowned for their civility, their impeccable insights, and their fully informed and educated opinions.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chrisjaf said:

p.s been stinking rich will do that to you,one day you may find out ?

any way pj knows about it and that's who i addressed so keep chirping along minions

Just now, chrisjaf said:

any way pj knows about it and that's who i addressed so keep chirping along minions

Image result for u mad

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisjaf said:

pj is the social media manager, not the physics coder.

Even if the game's physics works on a pivot system, if you want to change it it would have to be in a new game, as it is way too much work to be economically viable for a free patch.

It means the entire car physics system would have to be rebuilt from the ground up, including researching how the new suspension and tyre physics should interact with loose surfaces (other game companies wouldn't just give codies their notes). 

The game engine would probably also need to be changed. The AI would need to be rebalanced for every car class to correlate with the changed player times from the new physics. Also the force feedback would need to be overhauled to work, and you know how long that takes.

Edited by ark13700

seems like there are to many self important easily offended snow flakes on this forum that think they can answer for codies.just because your the king of your own bedroom at mummy and daddies house does not mean that your opinion is that of codies.so keep trolling as that just keeps my post live in forums as i have said pj knows about it so if your not pj keep your nose out of it,i know who pj is that why i asked him specifically,and just so you all understand there is a ffb update coming soon so my request could happen.if you guys where in the loop you may know more but you would rather troll users instead.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

You're embarrassing yourself. Again. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

First of all, you are all embarrasing yourselves in this thread. OP for not thinking through his way of communicating, and the rest of you for not answering constructive and therefore fuelling the discussion.

Second the central pivoting point of the cars in the EGO engine has been known for years and is still apparent, though it's highly improved since the first versions of DR1 and earlier titles. It is not noticeable from within the car, but is easy to see when using chase cam that the cars pivot around the center point. On gravel this is hardly noticeable since the car will slide alot, but on tarmac it is noticeable.

Third, please everyone, before you post anything, read through it and try to see it from the other side, is there anything in your wording that can be perceived as offencive, and likewise, when you read a post, please try and reread a few times, to see if the person is trying to get a message through thats just obscured by bad wording.

Thanks

Edited by Auduns
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, chrisjaf said:

seems like there are to many self important easily offended snow flakes on this forum that think they can answer for codies.just because your the king of your own bedroom at mummy and daddies house does not mean that your opinion is that of codies.so keep trolling as that just keeps my post live in forums as i have said pj knows about it so if your not pj keep your nose out of it,i know who pj is that why i asked him specifically,and just so you all understand there is a ffb update coming soon so my request could happen.if you guys where in the loop you may know more but you would rather troll users instead.

snowflakes? you're the one posting nonsensical rants and making personal attacks when you are beaten. nobody here ever said their opinion was that of CM... what are you, 12? clearly an entitled little child. I'm done here.

@OP, you'd be taken a lot more serious if you had well thought out posts, instead you come across as an uneducated fool who is just blathering on and on.

In the real world people like yourself aren't taken seriously because they come across as a bit thick headed.