New Idea for Anti-Trolling Mechanic!

I have an idea how we could get rid of the problem with lapped cars taking out the leaders on purpose.

Technically, it should be enough to just ghost a backmarker completely as long as the lapping car is within a radius of 50-100 meters.

It's definitely possible, they have already implemented that technology in the invitational "Overtake Challenges", so I don't see why Codies wouldn't be able to do it.

That way, the backmarker can't do a swipe across the track or a massive brakecheck on a car that's trying to lap him, and it would also prevent said backmarker from ramming the lapping car into the back like a massive *******.

There should be some sort of an addition to the "ghosting" option in online lobbies:

On = Ghosting as usual + backmarker ghosting

No Backmarkers = Only ghosting as usual

Backmarkers only = No ghosting except for backmarkers

Off = No ghosting whatsoever

I hope the people at Codies can take a look into that so something like this can happen in a later patch or at least in F1 2020...

If you're lapped and make contact with another car, you get banned from anything but private lobbies for a week.

Second time, a year.

Third time, forever. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

6 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

If you're lapped and make contact with another car, you get banned from anything but private lobbies for a week.

Second time, a year.

Third time, forever. 

Which is fine with the exception that the car being lapped isn't solely responsible for the clean pass.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

17 hours ago, PlayinFreak said:

I have an idea how we could get rid of the problem with lapped cars taking out the leaders on purpose.

Technically, it should be enough to just ghost a backmarker completely as long as the lapping car is within a radius of 50-100 meters.

It's definitely possible, they have already implemented that technology in the invitational "Overtake Challenges", so I don't see why Codies wouldn't be able to do it.

That way, the backmarker can't do a swipe across the track or a massive brakecheck on a car that's trying to lap him, and it would also prevent said backmarker from ramming the lapping car into the back like a massive *******.

There should be some sort of an addition to the "ghosting" option in online lobbies:

On = Ghosting as usual + backmarker ghosting

No Backmarkers = Only ghosting as usual

Backmarkers only = No ghosting except for backmarkers

Off = No ghosting whatsoever

I hope the people at Codies can take a look into that so something like this can happen in a later patch or at least in F1 2020...

I second that!

6 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Which is fine with the exception that the car being lapped isn't solely responsible for the clean pass.

You missed the entire point of the thread.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:
7 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

No, he got the right idea.

Your proposal is quite harsh, punishing contact just like that isn't always justified.

BTW, banning someone for 1 year is already like forever since then you can't play open lobbies until the next game comes out, making the current game pretty much obsolete by then.

You see, sometimes when the lapping car and the backmarker make contact it's not on purpose, it can be a misunderstanding or a bad spot for overtaking (like i.e. the entirety of Monaco except for the tunnel). Edit: It also depends on how heavy the contact was. Was it a little nudge, some wing damage or something that leads to a DNF?

The game doesn't always know what is done on purpose and what isn't, banning every contact would be a bit too much (and also completely unneccessary with the ghosting method I came up with).

Edited by PlayinFreak

1 hour ago, PlayinFreak said:

Your proposal is quite harsh,

Yeah, well no ****. It was a joke.

Your proposal was a longwinded wish list of something that will never, ever happen. To think they're going to adjust anything of substance in lobbies is pointless. 

Hence my pithy, yet effective, comment. 

2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Not at all.

You fail to understand the simple practice that it is the responsibility of both parties to facilitate a safe pass.

You have to remember a computer cannot differentiate what was a deliberate attempt to take out the leader and what was an accident.

Therefore simply penalizing the car being lapped for what potentially could be an error from the leader makes no sense.

Also, it could easilly be exploited by leaders hitting people on purpose to cause a ban.

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

You guys must be a friggin blast at social gatherings.lol

Why because you came out with an idea that makes no sense?

How about this.

Say you are the cleanest driver ever to appear on multiplayer. No crashes ever.

However you are the slowest ever.

How would you feel if you were about to be lapped and then the leader dived down the inside of you to pass you when it wasn't safe and crashed into you.

How would you feel being banned for never having done anything wrong? 

Posted (edited)

Something needs to be done and NOW. My safety rating is down to a C due to dirty drivers!! We PAY MONEY for the title and to play online. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO CURB BAD DRIVERS!!! WE'RE PAYING FOR A SERVICE JUST AS IN IRACING!!!! YOUR A DIRTY DRIVER YOU GET BANNED FROM LOBBIES BESIDES PRIVATE. It's BS when someone wants to run into for what ever reason they decide. And when people voice what is going on nothing is done.  

Edited by Striker_703
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Something needs to be done and NOW. My safety rating is down to a C due to dirty drivers!! We PAY MONEY for the title and to play online. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO CURB BAD DRIVERS!!! WE'RE PAYING FOR A SERVICE JUST AS IN IRACING!!!! YOUR A DIRTY DRIVER YOU GET BANNED FROM LOBBIES BESIDES PRIVATE. It's BS when someone wants to run into for what ever reason they decide. And when people voice what is going on nothing is done.  

On the whole i would say at that level, 25 percent races are ok.

The problem comes when people expect a clean race on a 5 lap sprint race. That's just not going to happen. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SIMRACER123 said:

On the whole i would say at that level, 25 percent races are ok.

The problem comes when people expect a clean race on a 5 lap sprint race. That's just not going to happen. 

I would rather join the 25% lobbies, but no one runs in those lobbies. 

Edited by Striker_703
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

I would rather join the 25% lobbies, but no one runs in those lobbies. 

Thats the problem not dirty driving.

Give people only 5 laps and natually people will take risks so ultimately you can't expect a clean race.

The actual issue is getting more people running 25 percent races and then you are more likely to find cleaner races.

Taking risk @SIMRACER123 and not being able to pull it off is dirty driving period!! People aren't thinking period! Drivers/Players want to be an F1 but can't think, drive or act like one. They're are people whom want to run in the 25% lobbies but the ISSUE is, there's less than 1% of drivers/players that are willing to do so. No one wants to run against one or two cars. The results will be the same. THE ISSUE IS CURBING THE BAD DRIVING PERIOD! Cut and dry, no way around it. We pay for a service! We pay to get online. Something should be done. @CODEMASTERTROEP 

10 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Taking risk @SIMRACER123 and not being able to pull it off is dirty driving period!! People aren't thinking period! Drivers/Players want to be an F1 but can't think, drive or act like one. They're are people whom want to run in the 25% lobbies but the ISSUE is, there's less than 1% of drivers/players that are willing to do so. No one wants to run against one or two cars. The results will be the same. THE ISSUE IS CURBING THE BAD DRIVING PERIOD! Cut and dry, no way around it. We pay for a service! We pay to get online. Something should be done. @CODEMASTERTROEP 

Your over analysing it.

From a psychology point of view, give a person just 5 laps it removes any strategy and little chance to wait for the perfect moment.

By definition, humans in general are not patient people.

Entering a 5 lap race with an expectation that everyone are going to be patient and just hope that the perfect opportunity presents itself is unlikely to happen.

Yes it's dirty driving in some cases but its a group of people choosing a race strategy reflecting the short number of laps.

You need to consider this if you wish to enter these races.

I just got talking about this issue with some members of a sim-racing group, the largest group to be frank. A large part of those were consul players at one time and moved to PC to get away from the DIRTY drivers/players. It's the norm and it will never change. The ones that play F1 2019 don't have this trouble, its just consul based as normal. I've been racing on consul for to long and the racing has gotten worse. If you're not in the top 5% of drivers you'll always run into rookies and dirty drivers. I'm not over analyzing anything @SIMRACER123, I call it how it is. And you stating that someone is just make you look foolish. And with you bring in the psychology aspect of the matter really makes you look stupid. Along with you defending the dirty drivers/players. Are you a dirty driver/player? It doesn't matter what the situation is or the lap count, if you can't think you shouldn't race in the RANKED lobbies for some time. People can be banned for cheating from the servers but not bad driving.  

7 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I just got talking about this issue with some members of a sim-racing group, the largest group to be frank. A large part of those were consul players at one time and moved to PC to get away from the DIRTY drivers/players. It's the norm and it will never change. The ones that play F1 2019 don't have this trouble, its just consul based as normal. I've been racing on consul for to long and the racing has gotten worse. If you're not in the top 5% of drivers you'll always run into rookies and dirty drivers. I'm not over analyzing anything @SIMRACER123, I call it how it is. And you stating that someone is just make you look foolish. And with you bring in the psychology aspect of the matter really makes you look stupid. Along with you defending the dirty drivers/players. Are you a dirty driver/player? It doesn't matter what the situation is or the lap count, if you can't think you shouldn't race in the RANKED lobbies for some time. People can be banned for cheating from the servers but not bad driving.  

No i'm a clean driver across all sims. I just don't race 5 lap races because i was intelliegent enough to work out 5 lap races were not the place to go for clean races.

25 percent races I've only had one issue of dirty driving since the game came out.

Clearly I'm not stating the driving is acceptable in 5 lap races.

If you were able to digest the content being written you would understand this.

It's just logic.

I'm a little bemused you haven't cottoned on to this already rather than jumping straight onto a forum to complain about it.

There's no need to be rude in your response. Just use some common sense.

• Agree 1

You're speaking of common sense and intelligence @SIMRACER123. This whole debate, what were talking about comes down to that. Ironic now that your using that statement.   

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

You're speaking of common sense and intelligence @SIMRACER123. This whole debate, what were talking about comes down to that. Ironic now that your using that statement.   

What are you on about...

• Haha 1

I think we've seen this over and over again over the years, I guess we should really just pick one thread and do "agree" reactions with it over and over again until it's noticed. It's easier for people to justify a change when they have some hundred people agreeing with it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, UP100 said:

I think we've seen this over and over again over the years, I guess we should really just pick one thread and do "agree" reactions with it over and over again until it's noticed. It's easier for people to justify a change when they have some hundred people agreeing with it 🙂

I mean, sure, I'm very new here, so I haven't seen anything concerning the topic. If you can point me to a popular thread that is just like that, go ahead and I'll check it out.

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Ultimately the way to slightly improve driving standards is scrap 5 lap races and increase it to a minimum of 10 laps.

23 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Yeah, well no ****. It was a joke.

Your proposal was a longwinded wish list of something that will never, ever happen. To think they're going to adjust anything of substance in lobbies is pointless. 

Hence my pithy, yet effective, comment. 

There was absolutely nothing "pithy" or "effective" about your comment. If you want to make a joke with written text only, you have to indicate that it's a joke, otherwise people will take your comment seriously, unlike with vocal communication. Something like "(just a joke btw, don't take it seriously)" at the end or any hint would be enough, really.

Anyway, I know that the chances of a feature like that making it in the game are very slim, but I can at the very least try and hope that somehow something will happen. If nobody tries, then of course it's not going to happen. 

Saying that Codies will never implement stuff like that is a self-fulfilling prophecy, and that would truly be a shame.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1