Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 AI's is UNREALISTIC

Hi everyone

I am a F1 Codemasters series player since day one .

Every year I enjoyed the career mode even though some series were to easy below the top difficulty .

I have started to play at 90 when it was 0-100 ant then at 95 when the AI's top became 110 , everytime I was winning I increased the AI and when I was developing the car I was improving the AI's level and the results remain good.

This years game is for me the worst in terms of AI logical behavior and performance.

I started with 100 and s1 got completely smashed with Mercedes , got fired , went to Alfa Romeo and the results kept very bad.

Then 2nd season even worse , as I was slowly developing the car, the other teams developed theirs way faster , increasing the gap...

Got fired again, switch to Williams , and reduced the AI to 95 , all the same. 18/20 Q and 15/20 R ...

Got fired again, then to prove a theory switch to Racing Point which in my career is the best team, they have all developed, full performance .

Reduced the AI to 94 !, First race Monza, the pole time is 1:17,001 !! (my teammate) I made 1:19,489 which I think Is a great time (2 second lower than the race record) and finished in 18th ...

In the race I barely got a 13th place ...

next to Japan, qualify 20th !! In the race with the best car of all I got passed on straight without DRS !! *** ?!?!?!?!?

this is pure rubbish !! beside the ridiculous pace and times the aggressiveness of the AI is also unberable they take you out of the track without any problem or damage most of the times, they pass you through the kerbs or grass but its all good .

I thought the AI on 2018 should be a little bit  faster at 100 for example and more aggressive on overtake but not this insanity .

Other thing I don't understand is having the faster car and when starting race at 13th I reach every time the first corner on 20th ... 

Use the qualifying sim program in practice to set your difficulty.  Turn it down to like 80 and for every .2 you beat the purple time (look at the bottom right of the results screen and find the estimated best time for your cars performance, it’ll be the faster time) increase the ai difficulty by 1 so for example 

estimated best time:  (1:30.000-1:30.500)

purple score time: (1:30.000)

your time: (1:29.000)

difficulty increase: 5 (80-85)

i do this every FP2 then increase the difficulty for FP3 and recheck it. My base is 101 though.  Also Codies increased the ai difficulty overall this year so most people had to drop their difficulty from 2018.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I like the ideia of improving the AI but not to unrealistic levels as they did .

i find no sense on other topic that in beginning of 3rd season Mercedes and Ferrari are along with Williams the worse 3 teams and the top 3 teams are Racing Point

Alfa Romeo and Toro Rosso !! *** ?!?!

No. of course not. where did you get that idea ?

i don't like to see unrealistic performances such as 1:17 on Monza at 95 AI , imagine at 110... or in a straight get passed by a slower car , things like this ant others I pointed out

that make no sense.

i see a lot of players complaining the same

Posted (edited)

Yes, I understand your frustration.

Additionally, what frustrates me is just how perfect the AI are, ...especially in the wet.

After nearly 2 career seasons (at 100% race distance) I only see the AI breakdown. I've yet to see them Spin, go into the Gravel Trap, Hit a Wall, ...even when 2 of them are fighting for position into the corner in front of me, they get 2 cars into a spot that should only take 1, but they both come out of the corner unharmed. If that was me up there, for instance, I would've certainly been pushed off-track, and even worse (spin, gravel trap, wall, major damage, etc) 😖 

A bit more AI driving realism for F1-2019 would certainly be welcomed 🙂

I remember, that in F1-2018 the AI would occasionally lock-up and mess up a corner, run wide, and crash too.  Not often, but just enough to make the racing (more) interesting 👍

Edited by Marty_K_

57 minutes ago, Marty_K_ said:

Additionally, what frustrates me is just how perfect the AI are, ...especially in the wet.

After nearly 2 career seasons (at 100% race distance) I only see the AI breakdown. I've yet to see them Spin, go into the Gravel Trap, Hit a Wall, ...even when 2 of them are fighting for position into the corner in front of me, they get 2 cars into a spot that should only take 1, but they both come out of the corner unharmed. If that was me up there, for instance, I would've certainly been pushed off-track, and even worse (spin, gravel trap, wall, major damage, etc) 😖 

I remember, that in F1-2018 the AI would occasionally lock-up and mess up a corner, run wide, and crash too.  Not often, but just enough to make the racing (more) interesting 👍

Exactly

9 hours ago, RicardoRodri244 said:

i don't like to see unrealistic performances such as 1:17 on Monza at 95 AI , imagine at 110... or in a straight get passed by a slower car , things like this ant others I pointed out

that make no sense.

So drop the difficulty to something you’re comfortable with. Stop complaining about AI being OP, they’re not. Most others I’ve seen here had to drop difficulty by about 5 points compared to 2018. Nothing wrong with that.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, RicardoRodri244 said:

that make no sense.

It's fine to me. 

Start at a considerably lower ai setting and gradually increase it until you find the right balance.

Doing it the other way around means you start off on the back foot.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

This is pretty much the issue I have with the AI. Not so much in the dry, I've had AI cars I'm racing against lock up and run wide, or lose the car clattering over a kerb, but they still never make contact with each other resulting in damage or make any big mistakes. In the wet though it's actually ridiculous, all AI cars drive like they're on rails and with no change in difficulty settings I'm immediately 2 seconds off the pace. If it were a smaller gap then I'd be happy to put it down to me just being **** in the wet, but I don't feel like I'm THAT much worse.

It's not the worst AI I've encountered in a racing game by a long shot, but it would be nice if Codies could work in a bit more of a "human" vibe to the AI. Fingers crossed for future patches, there seems to be plenty of noise being made about it on the forums so surely the team can't ignore it completely.

• Like 1

Complete **** this is years game... the career r&d issue, mid season transfers ruins the game even more , besides de ridiculous AI !!

at 90AI in championship mode with a Aston Martin Red Bull I get easily passed on straights by a toro Rosso or Mclaren !!!!

What bunch of **** is this ????????

How could anyone make a game like this. ????? they don't have any respect for the people who buy the game !! almost 2 months with the game out, lots of noise about this **** and what Codemasters do  ???? Nothing !!

There are lot of other unreasonable features like wet AI performance, aggressiveness over the top, the car is very hard to drive in wet surfaces, everyone starts the race quicker than us , etc etc...

Codemasters have some respect . it will be my last F1 game if there is no radical change soon

The whole freaking game is unrealistic. End of, sort out the setups already and give us lazer scanned tracks. 

• Disagree 1

these kind of problems are never solved with patches,there is a fundamental problem with I.A that only in the next game can be solved

we have seen this in previous games(f1 2014,f1 2016)

but the problem would be much smaller if they decrease the super traction of the I.A

20 hours ago, RicardoRodri244 said:

Complete **** this is years game... the career r&d issue, mid season transfers ruins the game even more , besides de ridiculous AI !!

at 90AI in championship mode with a Aston Martin Red Bull I get easily passed on straights by a toro Rosso or Mclaren !!!!

What bunch of **** is this ????????

How could anyone make a game like this. ????? they don't have any respect for the people who buy the game !! almost 2 months with the game out, lots of noise about this **** and what Codemasters do  ???? Nothing !!

There are lot of other unreasonable features like wet AI performance, aggressiveness over the top, the car is very hard to drive in wet surfaces, everyone starts the race quicker than us , etc etc...

Codemasters have some respect . it will be my last F1 game if there is no radical change soon

This sort of childish carrying on is why the rest of the world views gamers as petulant man-babies.

If you don't know how to voice criticism constructively and sensibly, you should probably leave it to the grown ups.

• Agree 2

I'd always rather have an impossible AI level that no one can beat that the game won't get boring because of the AI not being a challenge at all 🙂 Sure it may feel a bit embarrassing to have to drop the difficulty level when the AI gets better, but I think that's better than having the slow AI of 2010-2014 or something.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

I'd always rather have an impossible AI level that no one can beat that the game won't get boring because of the AI not being a challenge at all 🙂 Sure it may feel a bit embarrassing to have to drop the difficulty level when the AI gets better, but I think that's better than having the slow AI of 2010-2014 or something.

Yes, this. Before you know it CM will listen to people who’ve had their feelings hurt because they had to tone done the AI level, start patching it and everyone currently playing above 100 will be too quick on 110 all of a sudden.

3 hours ago, PipsAhoy said:

This sort of childish carrying on is why the rest of the world views gamers as petulant man-babies.

If you don't know how to voice criticism constructively and sensibly, you should probably leave it to the grown ups.

i do my posts however I want , if you don't like go spread your irony and unpolite behavior  some place else like a petulant man baby do ...

childish is to criticize someonelses opinions the way you did just because you disagree. 

I also find you very incoherent , because previous you also criticized AI

Constructive criticism is saying what  I find wrong and giving clear examples like I did.

I respect anyone who finds the game or AI or whatever perfect , I am just expressing what I think is wrong but there will always be people who likes to spend their time attacking others ...

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RicardoRodri244 said:

i do my posts however I want , if you don't like go spread your irony and unpolite behavior  some place else like a petulant man baby do ...

childish is to criticize someonelses opinions the way you did just because you disagree. 

Constructive criticism is saying what  I find wrong and giving clear examples like I did.

I respect anyone who finds the game or AI or whatever perfect , I am just expressing what I think is wrong but there will always be people who likes to spend their time attacking others ...

With all due respect, you criticise codemasters and ask them to have some respect in an earlier post and yet your same post is full of foul language.

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Agree 1

I wrote a word which I don't figure as fool language , always was the same word , not offensive to me .

if I pay the game I have the right to criticize .

i have no problem recognizing maybe I should change the word censured for another like silly . I insist I don't figure the word I wrote to be offensive .

That said I accept the suggestion but I not failed respect to CM , even was my intention 

OP has the point but in my case it refers to AI in Career Mode.

Please explain to me why I can easily handle AI on 103% and battle with 105% in Grand Prix mode and struggle against AI on 95-100% on the track (for example Bahrain) where in Grand Prix mode with AI 103% I was easily beating Hamilton by 0.200s in quals as Bottas? In Career, on 100% AI, in maxed out Ferrari, I qualified P3 and was losing almost a second to my teammate Vettel on pole. I tried different setups in this maxed out Ferrari in career and was always losing by a mile while being on level of AI I can easily handle in Grand Prix mode. This is weird.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, RicardoRodri244 said:

I wasn't criticising your opinions, just the incredibly petulant way you expressed them. Examples or not, getting all pissy like that is just not constructive.