Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake

Is this worth £200 plus pound plus hub for xbox one. Anyone bought one at this price and not regret it. 

Hmmm that's tricky with Xbox. I think for console, it's probably one of the best handbrakes out there you can get. But I would definitely argue there are wayyy better options for the same price if you're on PC.

Fanatec is the only other really good one for consoles (that I can think of), so it is really going to come down to which model you like the look/feel of better and if you ever plan to reuse the handbrake as a sequential shifter for another game. The TSS has a few different configs it can be set up in (classic handbrake style and rally style) so it does lend itself well for a seq. shifter.

I’ve got the tss and hub for my Xbox and it definitely adds to the immersion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have one. Playing on XB1X. It’s awesome, no question about it. Playing a Rally game without a handbrake is just wrong. Now that I have been using the TSS, I honestly cannot imagine racing without it. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely.

The construction of the handbrake is first rate, no complaints here. If you can afford to part ways with the cash - do it...you won’t regret it.

Edited by Buckwilder

The thing is Amazon had one for £140 several weeks ago, then one for slightly more, I missed out. £224 is a lot of money but every time I play DR 2 I always say to myself, I have to get one. 

I bought it a few month ago - for PC-using. It is is full metall except the handles and you can use ist as a handbrake or as a shifter (small conversion needed). It is easily to attach it on a alu-rig 👍

10 hours ago, watzcoc said:

The thing is Amazon had one for £140 several weeks ago, then one for slightly more, I missed out. £224 is a lot of money but every time I play DR 2 I always say to myself, I have to get one. 

Lol just be happy your options are limited for Xbox - on PC you can start added a few $100 if you want to go wayyy up the chain :classic_laugh:

You won't regret it though. I picked up a Heusinkveld a while back and while the handbrake costs more than my wheel + pedals, I love every single second I can find a reason to pull it.

• Haha 1