It's official. Car performance/ Team performance/ Driver performance will "currently" not be fixed in F1 2019!

the car handling is definitely much improved compared to last year. but it's still no good comparing lap times to real life when a lot of the circuits on the game and not accurate. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Dunky1980 said:

the car handling is definitely much improved compared to last year. but it's still no good comparing lap times to real life when a lot of the circuits on the game and not accurate. 

Exactly, without lazer scanned tracks or proper setups nothing will change. The tt leaderboards are already multiple seconds faster than real life pole laps... This tells you all you need know really. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

It would be nice to have proper set-up model @SimracerGysepy, but they don't want to make things to difficult in that area the user. Remember they just started working towards being a sim with 2017. Give them some time it may catch on. 

8 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

without lazer scanned tracks

Obligatory mention about the fact that Paul Ricard (2018 version?) is at least one of the track that has laser scanning data available to Codies

6 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

It would be nice to have proper set-up model @SimracerGysepy, but they don't want to make things to difficult in that area the user. Remember they just started working towards being a sim with 2017. Give them some time it may catch on. 

Its far from being a sim.... But they could at least give proper setup numbers. Surely being the license holder of the official title they could have lazerscanned tracks.... They seem to add gimmicks every year rather than concentrate on the most important aspects of the sport. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Obligatory mention about the fact that Paul Ricard (2018 version?) is at least one of the track that has laser scanning data available to Codies

I have no idea about that, i do remember a post not long ago though where one of the devs was quoted saying, its too expensive to lazer scan the tracks... If this us true then i will save my money from now on and go to other developers for my racing fix. The F1 official title is too expensive for what you get... 

Edited by SimracerGysepy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

You're correct it's far from being a sim but they're making to right steps to do so @SimracerGysepy. Paul Ricard was laser scanned in LiDAR, which is more accurate than base laser scanning 'scanning from the ground'. I don't know where CM got the LiDAR data from. They could have gotten it from the track owner or the FIA.  

• Like 1

No that I think about it. I believe, not to sure on this. The FIA LiDAR each track once a year for safety reason. I have to find an old issue of Racer to confirm or I can just write the FIA.      

On 8/9/2019 at 5:33 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

Just checked and used the same car setup from F1 2019, which has a higher aero setting, in last years game F1 2018 at Spain to compare:

Set the ballast at 6 to replicate what F1 2019 does as close as possible and to no surprise, the handling was feeling similar to how the 2019 cars do,

Bingo. 

7 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

I have no idea about that, i do remember a post not long ago though where one of the devs was quoted saying, its too expensive to lazer scan the tracks... If this us true then i will save my money from now on and go to other developers for my racing fix. The F1 official title is too expensive for what you get... 

I just took for granted that they would have accurate data for at least places like Silverstone, Catalunya, COTA, etc.

F1 licensed = Should have laser scanned tracks in a AAA title in 2019. That's incredible.

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

Surely being the license holder of the official title they could have lazerscanned tracks.... They seem to add gimmicks every year rather than concentrate on the most important aspects of the sport. 

Butler and Weber immediately come to mind. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Butler and Weber immediately come to mind. 

Exactly, but i suppose having proper setup options and laser scanned tracks is not a priority right now, which is air enough. I am still enjoying the game for what it is though.

Posted (edited)

In terms of pushing the car to the limit, I could do that more in f1 2018 than f1 2019. Singapore as a rear-limited track for examble, with similar setup, I just slide around with understeer like crazy in 2019. Usually I made a lot of time to the AI in S3, but now we are about equal. Loosing time in S2, because of overpowered AI traction.

Would love the 1.05 patch back, the game was amazing, but after I came back from the sea, it just go worse. Playing now on T150, on a 105 AI level (medium TC), I have the pace, but I just feel something is fron with the FFB and the finnese is gone, with feeling the car, this is why I make more mistakes as in 2018. Here is a one video of my driving, it doesnt show what in detail what its wrong, but still, at least the AI is very good this year. Hoping for a new patch 1.08 soon, to fix the problems.

Edited by weltmeister2211
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Whatever Codemasters plan to do, the cars need to get faster.

At the very least, the drag levels of medium to high aero settings needs to be reduced significantly to the point that medium and high aero setups are viable, as that is how the cars seem to be set up in real life, if we take a closer look at the onboard footages and telemetry data (in real life the cars have low topspeeds, high cornering speeds and maximum acceleration).

Therefore, another car performance update to make the cars faster by further 1 - 1,5 seconds + a packing order patch to nail the teams individual strengths and weaknesses appropriately is desperately needed.

Codemasters, please don't fail us, don't abandon another game, fix the issues and you'll have happy customers.

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 4

On 8/8/2019 at 11:05 AM, Striker_703 said:

I've been reading comments on how the F1 cars don't handle the same or are to hard to turn due to not having ballats. Or how the F2 cars are so under steering, that's the nature of the car. The way ballast was being used to snap the noise around a turn due to the weight was in the rear of the car. No that the option is not given people want to say the cars are junk. I've taken all the set-ups I had for 2018 and applied them to 2019. Yes the handling was off in the beginning but that was due to aerodynamic lose, wrong camber and roll-bar. I made adjustments and the sets are up to a second faster in two cases I gained two and half seconds. As for the F2 cars. If you can drive those fast, you'll be faster in the F1 cars. FYI using assist CHANGES THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CAR, mainly TC. If you want the car to handle better do a little research and learn more about Formula car or do some go-karting. A little tip on how to get the F1 and F2 cars to handle better. Stop using max camber, your not getting the maximum contact patch when turning in. Along with pay attention to your tire pressure.

And Kimi really can't say much on how good this title is until he tries it with a wheel. The only F1 driver that play's this title on a norm in Lando and the only thing he has said is the ERS system is not right. Changing modes all the time is not what they do. They mainly stay in one mode the whole race.         

Tire pressure doesn’t effect anything. I have the data to prove it. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

Tire pressure doesn’t effect anything. I have the data to prove it. 

Can you provide the data? People seem to be getting caught in the fact that a setup gives you the laptime.. It can certainly give you the confidence but its up to you to push the car to the limit... Hence why one setup does not suit all... 

Edited by SimracerGysepy

On 8/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, SimracerGysepy said:

Exactly, but i suppose having proper setup options and laser scanned tracks is not a priority right now, which is air enough. I am still enjoying the game for what it is though.

Same.

TBH the last thing i have ever worried about is that the lap time is the same as real life.

Just so long as the game is fun to drive thats all that matters.

Posted (edited)

It makes me feel sick to my stomach that codemasters won't roll back to patch 1.05 ,

t300 ,ps4 ,superb wifi , racing rig, even raced around the real tracks ,

its one of the cheapest and least time consuming things to do, yet they seem able to make more bugs with every patch,

t300 has lost that amazing ffb , so it begs the question that codemasters have done this on purpose ,

perhaps one of there kids can't use a ffb wheel  so hence why more time now is invested for pads,

ive bought codemasters f1 games from year dot and F1 2019 is sadly the very last,

i don't like being lied too and I don't like being treated like some moron ,that's how I feel codemasters treats its very loyal customers and fans,

if you can't make sim games then don't waste my time and hard earned money, I am still waiting for a refund ,

the senna vs Prost was a complete joke and a waste of £20 extra ,

no wonder codemasters since you floated you are not making any profits, like the current patches you start off with an amazing sim f1 2019 then go backwards , you do that with every f1 game and that is a fact

a child could see that , harsh words but why won't you roll back to patch 1.05 

i wish you all the best for the future but please don't keep making same mistakes year after year and with each new patch make each game worse,

you had an amazing f1 sim ,

goodbye another loyal customer lost , 

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Codemasters, will we get another car performance update to make the cars at least another 1 - 1,5 seconds faster or not?

Currently the handling doesn't feel representative to the real life F1 2019 season.

Transparency = 0.

Here is a video i found on YouTube showing the ridiculous cornering speeds at Turn 9 in Spain:

If we take a closer look at how the real life Renault and Williams perform around Turn 9, they need to lift and are taking the corner at around 10 - 20 kmh lower speeds than the top teams, whereas the top teams are well above the 260kmh mark and take the corner flatout.

Ironically, in the official F1 2019 game by Codemasters the Mercedes and Ferrari can not take the corner flatout at 260+kmh whilst maintaining a reasonable topspeed, meaning that i either need to use a low aero setup to keep up with the AI's unrealistically high topspeeds and lose seconds in the corners or use a minimum of 9 / 11, 10 /11 or 11 / 11 wings to be able to take the corner flatout which in return makes me a slow toad on the straights losing me seconds as well.

The performance of the cars feels poorly balanced and does not behave like 2019 F1 cars should.

Codemasters please do something about this.

Give us another car performance update as the teams were able to shave off a lot of time over the season, at least the proper Spain performance should be in the game.

Make the cars have less drag for maximum acceleration (at least 20% less drag) and give us more downforce for better cornering ability (at least 30% more downforce), as the cars need to be another 1 - 1,5 seconds faster if we want to have a more realistic feel to the performance.

Any news on whether we will be getting another car performance update?

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format, New idea added
  • Agree 1

On 8/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, senna94f1 said:

the senna vs Prost was a complete joke and a waste of £20 extra ,

I wasn't expecting great things from Senna Prost, but it is even worse than imagined. It's an absolute embarrassment worth MAYBE $3. Just a complete joke. So not only do we have that, but we have career completely jacked with 2 fictional characters, to boot.  

Staying away from F1 for 5 years, I was under the impression they'd made many improvements for Sim. The opposite has actually happened. 25% Ranked is dead and unranked is 95% 5 laps and even 3 lap races. 

Still zero No Assist ranked lobbies many months in.  Dirt Rally 2.0 has a ton of MP problems, but that is to be expected since it is a niche title.

• Like 1

Just take codies career style and mix it with acc tire model, ffb, sound and rest and i will be happy 😊

• Agree 2

On 8/10/2019 at 11:04 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

Fiddled around with the suspension in my car setup for the Spain GP in F1 2019 to maximize cornering ability, found 2 new setups that allowed me to have great cornering speeds.

Please go ahead and try these 2 setups yourself and if you want to just let us know your experience with them in this thread as well.

Here are the car setups i came up with for the Spain GP for maximum cornering speeds (the values in the brackets are for the alternative 2nd car setup):

Front Wing: 11 (8)

Rear Wing: 11 (10)

Diff. On: 50% (70%)

Diff. Off: 60% (70%)

Front Camber: -2.8 (-3.5)

Rear Camber: -2 (-2)

Front Toe: 0.05 (0.07)

Rear Toe: 0.2 (0.11)

Front Suspension: 7 (3)

Rear Suspension: 5 (3)

Front ARB: 9 (4)

Rear ARB: 11 (5)

Front Ride Height: 3 (4)

Rear Ride Height: 5 (6)

Brake Pressure: 92% (88%)

Brake Bias: 56% (54%)

Front Tyre: 21psi (23.8psi)

Rear Tyre: 19.5psi (21.1psi)

These seem to be the one of the few high aero setups that allows me to take Turn 9 flatout at the appropriate speed of around 260kmh, if compared to real life, but due to the insane amount of drag of having to use 11/11 or 8/10 wing, i lose a lot of time in the straights and only reach around 310kmh - 319kmh with DRS on at the main straight and have to deal with a much slower acceleration as well.

Imo, if the aero performance of 11/11 wings was available at 7/7 wings, the whole car performance would be much closer to real life.

There needs to be at least one more car and team performace update as the teams in real life have made the cars much faster compared to the overall performance at the Winter Testings and or even at Melbourne.

Hope CM can do another change to make the cars behave accordingly.

If @CODEMASTERTROEPwould hire a aerodynamics or speak to the aerodynamic engineers from one of the top teams or any aerodynamics to help out then the aero model would be better. Must remember that this simulation model is not even a year old. You also must remember not everyone who enjoys F1 2019 wants a sim. SO you must pick your battle or move on to a title that will offer you a simulator.    

Edited by Striker_703
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2