It's official. Car performance/ Team performance/ Driver performance will "currently" not be fixed in F1 2019!

If they aren't going to fix really poor judgements like giving Ricciardo really poor race performance when he has literally never had a poor season in F1 then they are going to really have to step up in 2020. No F2 or other distracting additions are going to interest me if they make greats poor. If it were just about racing around circuits I could buy any of a massive range of racing games available. I want to race beside my favourites and for their AI to represent accurately their real performance. Its not always easy, but for drivers like Ric he hasn't only just come into F1, we know he's damn good. Devs should know this info when creating AI driver profiles and stats.

• Agree 3

I suspect there may be more political or image conscious reasons for leaving the cars driving so poorly.

30% more downforce is a **** load for sure. Every time on every leader board would now become invalid and people who posted the fastest times will have to fish the game out of the dumpster and do it all over again. 

Pretty much every setup will now become obsolete and all videos on setup also obsolete. 

Codemasters will basically have admitted that the launch game was woefully inaccurate to real life and this would be embarrassing for the current holder of the F1 license. 

Presumably such a huge alteration to downforce will have a knock on effect to tire wear and fuel consumption. Depending on how the game calculates these figures it is possible that they will no longer be even close to accurate. 

Career mode practice sessions will have to have every single target time and goal adjusted or else the sessions will be nonsense and way too easy to complete. 

In short there will be a ton of work for Codies to do after adjusting the handling to be real world accurate. Even though they are literally paid to do this work they are also paid to bring out yet another game in 6 months or so. 

I love and appreciate all the hard work SturmDesTodes puts into researching and suggesting ways to improve the game or at least make it more accurate to real life. It's utterly depressing to imagine Codies staff labeling it as TLDR. Like might be the case with every heart-felt and detailed thread on these forums. I fear our only purpose is to influence future potential customers whether or not to spend money on future games, although I don't have much confidence in that as most people only find and visit these forums when they have a problem with an already purchased game. 

Keep up the great work though SturmDesTodes, when people like you stop being passionate the game will likely end up sterile and soulless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I suspect there may be more political or image conscious reasons for leaving the cars driving so poorly.

30% more downforce is a **** load for sure. Every time on every leader board would now become invalid and people who posted the fastest times will have to fish the game out of the dumpster and do it all over again. 

Pretty much every setup will now become obsolete and all videos on setup also obsolete. 

Codemasters will basically have admitted that the launch game was woefully inaccurate to real life and this would be embarrassing for the current holder of the F1 license. 

Presumably such a huge alteration to downforce will have a knock on effect to tire wear and fuel consumption. Depending on how the game calculates these figures it is possible that they will no longer be even close to accurate. 

Career mode practice sessions will have to have every single target time and goal adjusted or else the sessions will be nonsense and way too easy to complete. 

In short there will be a ton of work for Codies to do after adjusting the handling to be real world accurate. Even though they are literally paid to do this work they are also paid to bring out yet another game in 6 months or so. 

I love and appreciate all the hard work SturmDesTodes puts into researching and suggesting ways to improve the game or at least make it more accurate to real life. It's utterly depressing to imagine Codies staff labeling it as TLDR. Like might be the case with every heart-felt and detailed thread on these forums. I fear our only purpose is to influence future potential customers whether or not to spend money on future games, although I don't have much confidence in that as most people only find and visit these forums when they have a problem with an already purchased game. 

Keep up the great work though SturmDesTodes, when people like you stop being passionate the game will likely end up sterile and soulless. 

I think most people would appreciate the honesty of admitting its not accurate, and the effort to changing/modifying mid-game would bring great excitement and more publicity to the game, as well as giving the next season release an easier starting platform. Its a lot of hard work but the better the game is the more money they will make, everyone from newbies to real time professionals will be praising the game. It looks worse that real F1 drivers already saying its nothing like the real thing than to say everyone has to redo competitive laps again. Afterall the laps and setups become redundant anyway the next game that comes out, previous stats are left behind. And there are always the helpful pros who give great advice in setups anyway for those who do struggle. I'd happily restart the entire game from scratch for the benefits of better performance. And I've spent a lot of time in career mode with nice stats and good times. I'd also be very happy to see a fix on fuel consumption too.

• Agree 4

33 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

On point, totally agree, my mate that worked upon a performance update had to slightly alter tyre wear too after giving the cars +30% downforce, as through higher cornering speeds the tyres were overheating much faster with the vanilla patch 1.12.

Guess Codemasters would have had to do more testing on all aspects, if they actually went on to fix this issue.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Codemasters will basically have admitted that the launch game was woefully inaccurate to real life and this would be embarrassing for the current holder of the F1 license

This might be a huge factor, 

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Whatever their reason is, we can only hope that they will bring out "Live Season Performance Updates" for the cars, teams and drivers respectively in future titles as a standardized feature just as the FIFA franchise has been doing for years.

"Live Season Performance Updates" would give the "official licence" some validity.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 5

On 10/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi, we are not currently looking at adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again. While we try to tune the cars as close as possible to real life, it is not always possible as a result of the constant improvements the teams are making as well as the increasing skill of the real life drivers pushing themselves to the very limit. 

Firstly, thank you for responding.

I paid for the official F1 game. If the cars and drivers of the F1 season are not accurately reflected you have sold a product under false pretences. I don't think anyone has suggested you should be constantly updating to reflect the teams improvements, but basing performance off the very first qualifying, is ridiculous. Performance should be based off an average of the first races on release and updated basded on feedback, not copied from 2018 on release and updated based on incredible little data.

I won't be buying F1 2020 because it won't be an F1 game based on this experience.

Have fun 🙂

• Agree 4

It’s another bad chapters of Codemastees F1 game. In terms of gameplay and stuff F1 2019 unfortunately is the worst game since 2015.

The handling is just a mess, 2018 was much better. The revs are still wrong, the sound is inaccurate. The cars are still to slow in the corners and same on the straights. And the balancing of the Teams is more inaccurate as ever. The Ferrari is 0,5 - 1 second faster on the straights than everybody else in real live. In this messy game they Are slower than the Mercedes.

And then we have the unnecessary F2. 2 years of development for this game? This is a joke! No one cares about that. Sorry, but I‘m on a Point where I would be happy for 1-2 years break to get atleast a proper developer with money and someone who is patching the game constantly and not only 2-3 months after and let it fell of after that. Sony had already better features in 2007 and you are still not able to manage the broken SC since 2017.

At the same time, you fired your most recent active social media and forums members, who were interacte for the first time with the community. It’s 2015 all over again.

Shame on you Codemasters.

Edited by Jaketa
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

Weren't we told that codemasters had two people who were experts on wheels,

trouble is I don't think they were talking about sim racing wheels lol,,

perhaps experts in bycle wheels, toys wheels , fake wheels , matchbox wheels, the wheel list is endles

but definitely not experts in sim wheels, 😍

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Jaketa said:

It’s another bad chapters of Codemastees F1 game. In terms of gameplay and stuff F1 2019 unfortunately is the worst game since 2015.

The handling is just a mess, 2018 was much better. The revs are still wrong, the sound is inaccurate. The cars are still to slow in the corners and same on the straights. And the balancing of the Teams is more inaccurate as ever. The Ferrari is 0,5 - 1 second faster on the straights than everybody else in real live. In this messy game they Are slower than the Mercedes.

And then we have the unnecessary F2. 2 years of development for this game? This is a joke! No one cares about that. Sorry, but I‘m on a Point where I would be happy for 1-2 years break to get atleast a proper developer with money and someone who is patching the game constantly and not only 2-3 months after and let it fell of after that. Sony had already better features in 2007 and you are still not able to manage the broken SC since 2017.

At the same time, you fired your most recent active social media and forums members, who were interacte for the first time with the community. It’s 2015 all over again.

Shame on you Codemasters.

so true

• Agree 1

Well guys if you thought the patches spoilt f12019 ,

then don't buy grid, on a standard ps4 the graphics are so bad that the PS3 version grid auto on psNow looks far superior,

on press release of grid they said grid on all versions runs at 60fps ,it was leaked out on YouTube that the new grid runs 30fps which makes the game look horrible, 

dare I say ps2 graphics,that bad,

you will be terribly disappointed if you buy grid for standard ps4, probably the worst looking game for dark dull grainy graphics I've ever seen and best part is its identical to PS3 version but with poorer graphics,

how does one get away with such disrespect of there customers.

getting back about f12019"

did not codemasters says because game was released early that we would get monthly updates either liverys or car performance, I have the press release here in my hands,

pit says f12019 will be released earlier in season and game will have monthly updates either liverys and car performance to reflect the real f1 season,

i truly give, 

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Well guys if you thought the patches spoilt f12019 ,

then don't buy grid, on a standard ps4 the graphics are so bad that the PS3 version grid auto on psNow looks far superior,

on press release of grid they said grid on all versions runs at 60fps ,it was leaked out on YouTube that the new grid runs 30fps which makes the game look horrible, 

dare I say ps2 graphics,that bad,

you will be terribly disappointed if you buy grid for standard ps4, probably the worst looking game for dark dull grainy graphics I've ever seen and best part is its identical to PS3 version but with poorer graphics,

how does one get away with such disrespect of there customers.

getting back about f12019"

did not codemasters says because game was released early that we would get monthly updates either liverys or car performance, I have the press release here in my hands,

pit says f12019 will be released earlier in season and game will have monthly updates either liverys and car performance to reflect the real f1 season,

i truly give, 

man, they said they have been ******** since 2010 hahaha

• Haha 2

On 10/18/2019 at 2:46 AM, senna94f1 said:

Weren't we told that codemasters had two people who were experts on wheels,

trouble is I don't think they were talking about sim racing wheels lol,,

perhaps experts in bycle wheels, toys wheels , fake wheels , matchbox wheels, the wheel list is endles

but definitely not experts in sim wheels, 😍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tarrantino said:

How many are going to carry on buying next year? 

I certainly won't buy next years title 1st hand or for full price.

Since F1 2015 came out, i buy the F1 games 2nd hand, got some connections from where i get hands on the game very early.

Mostly 2 weeks in and some people already sell their games at 2nd hand gaming shops, and that is the time when i strike in to get hands on new titles after release for a maximum of 30€ if the devs or gaming studio do not deserve a direct transaction.

Only if the devs / gaming studio have been making a high quality product, i pay full price 1st hand.

The last game i paid full price 1st hand was for Ni No Kuni 1 & 2, because i loved that game on the PS3.

2nd hand > 1st hand = devs / gaming studio create medium or low quality products.

1st hand > 2nd hand = devs / gaming studio create high quality products.

I guess many people will continue the cycle and buy F1 2020 1st hand full price and even pre order, as they don't care about the issues and only want to play the game with their friends or simply love F1 so much that they are fine playing a mediocre title etc.

To each their own...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I’ve bought the last few years of F1 games, heavily involved in league racing. 

But I think I’ll give next years a miss. 

Ive come to realise that I much prefer the support received by something like GT Sport than F1. GT Sport is not an annual game release. Each month a new update arrives often with a new track. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given all that's been said here on the forum I will not be buying the 19 game at all. Had every game from 10, after 15 all were purchased second hand, but 19 just isn't worth it. 18 wast the best on this game engine and 13 on the engine before.

Will wait to see what 20 brings but I certainly won't purchase new. I have some hope with the new generation of consoles a new game engine will improve matters.

It is time a new developer got the license, either exclusively, or preferably as a competitor. The series has become stale and broken.

• Agree 2

On 10/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi, we are not currently looking at adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again. While we try to tune the cars as close as possible to real life, it is not always possible as a result of the constant improvements the teams are making as well as the increasing skill of the real life drivers pushing themselves to the very limit. 

@RedDevilKT

"Not currently", does that mean that there is a chance for a change of heart at Codemasters and that we could possibly get a official update with the correct performance data for F1 2019?

Or is this to be considered as a definite "No"?

• Agree 2

On 10/16/2019 at 7:15 AM, KulishS said:

Let us know when it's ready, would you? 

Sadly with all these fixes, we won't be able to play MP.  

My mate, who was working on a 2019 season mod to address the missing amount of downforce levels and the wrong order of team performance as well as the drivers, told me that he would hold out until Codemasters either fully denounce the idea of a "official" update for the vanilla game and or Codemasters keep silent until they publish new info on F1 2020.

His initial response after the message of RedDevilKT was:

"Why should the modder community clean up the mess that Codemasters have left behind, during the time where Codemasters could easily fix it themselves 'officially'?"

His reasoning was that he doesn't want the PC community to get a headstart on something that console players would never be able to experience, as it would be both unfair and this mod could possibly even boost sales of F1 2019 on PC, which is exactly the opposite of what he wants.

I asked him when he intends on releasing, he told me that the earliest time would be once new info on F1 2020 comes out, because at that time F1 2019 will very likely be completely abandoned by Codemasters and the sales would be at a low, so there'd be no increase on PC version revenue.

TLDR of the original sound message: "The F1 2019 season mod will come out, once the "official" support for F1 2019 by Codemasters stops."

Apparently he intends to release it on Racedepartment.

Now we can only wait and see what Codemasters "officially" do.

It is Codemasters responsibility to give us a product that is accurate to the real life season due to the official licence.

Abwarten und Tee trinken.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

@RedDevilKT

"Not currently", does that mean that there is a chance for a change of heart at Codemasters and that we could possibly get a official update with the correct performance data for F1 2019?

Or is this to be considered as a definite "No"?

Not currently is the same as "never".

They will not change it and we have to deal with this mess. Its more important for them to bring out halloween skins for the cars. says everything.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 5

On 10/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Oh boy. And people wonder why you guys keep getting so much flak.

The FIA ought to know about this and reconsider the value of letting you keep the F1 license.

31 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

Not currently is the same as "never".

By all known accounts (F1 2010-2018), it is the same, as we've reached the point of the year when development on the current game ceases entirely. If this patch will not be the last, then that will be something never seen before in the series.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 3

abandon all hope or you who hope for a resolving patch.
dante's cit.
my hypothesis is that the games for ps4 and xbox are the same compared to the pc that probably something more regardless of the aerodynamics, 
so until the game on the pc is affixed, the consoles can also die in peace.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

It is Codemasters responsibility to give us a product that is accurate to the real life season due to the official licence. 

Absolutely agree with this and unfortunately they have failed. One could argue they have failed in multiple editions of the game.

It is a real shame game developers get away with such shoddy products, and with the advent of patches the situation has only worsened! Not to mention the scam that micro-transactions have become. I find it insulting that codemasters have gone down this route to enhance profit. If you want to make more money, produce a better product!

I think consumer rights need to be strengthened in regard to video games. There are blatant differences between what is advertised and what is actually delivered, even after support ceases. In the meantime all we can do is vote our wallets and refuse to purchase from developers with poor records in this regard. I will never buy an EA game new again and codemasters are soon to be on that list.

At the very least there needs to be another developer taking on the license, preferably two so that the competition drives quality.

• Agree 4

On 10/25/2019 at 1:05 PM, ChasteWand said:

At the very least there needs to be another developer taking on the license, preferably two so that the competition drives quality.

THIS.

• Agree 1

On 10/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Poor decision. Sorry but I've honestly lost nearly all interest in playing this game anymore or buying the next one since CM cannot take a relatively small amount of time to sort this (that modders can do on their own, to show that a big company should have the ability). Amazing how the time can be found to make skins though.

CM cannot seriously look at the Ricciardo AI (as the most obvious example) and say that the team are following form and improvements accurately. The Ricciardo AI has been seriously underperforming since the 2017 game and has long shown he's as fast as Vettel and Verstappen yet he's been consistently up to 0.7 slower than them in the last several games and finishing up to a minute behind them. (Remember 2017, where Perez is always ahead of both Red Bulls even when Force India is far behind them on the performance chart?) The simple thing is, there's very clearly been no proper changes to AI driver performances since 2017 and with the new driver transfer system, it's made the issue even more obvious. Renault currently have the best car in my career, Ricciardo and Leclerc are the drivers. Leclerc is on the podium every race and leads the championship and guess what Ricciardo's highest result has been after ten races. 7th. Vettel and Perez in a Racing Point that's dropped to 8th on the chart have finished ahead of him more often than Ricciardo has beat them.

Sorry but if this is the official answer and this relatively simple issue will not be fixed in favor of skins, then you've lost yet another customer.

(Sorry if this sounds like I'm angry at you, I'm not, my disappointment is directed to the company, I know you're only doing what you've been asked to and aren't the reason for the decision)

(Edit) To add, I really think that it's only the drivers that need updating. Some of the cars could get a change but since the R&D will change it all up anyway I don't think it would be necessary. Drivers are constant however, so if they're wrong, it negatively affects the career regardless of the R&D.

Edited by Wynterdust
Added further opinion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4