It's official. Car performance/ Team performance/ Driver performance will "currently" not be fixed in F1 2019!

I said Codies rushed the performance one out too fast! They need to wait for after the summer break, you get a more accurate and lasting accuracy then, anything can happen in that big gap and often does. But then the performance was all wrong from the start anyway. Maybe something to do with the 2018 people are commenting on, just copy and paste those stats to the new year and hope it works out? It is disappointing to see this once a game change and it was a premature *** 😂 Maybe this will annoy everyone enough that they really will bring sliders into the fray. It would solve so many issues. Do it for the teams and for the individual drivers and wa-la, you can change it as and when. Wouldn't work for online as everyone has their own agenda but perfect for offline, career mode especially.

• Like 1

We would probably get more luck hounding Norris/Verstappen on their social medias to make a fuss about the main issues of this game.

I am sure they play this game in between races. 

Might be the only way codemasters would actually listen if a public figure outed them.

• Agree 1

Codies doesn't bother with performance whatsoever, they copy pasting it from previous years (MB's best engine, Perez's outperforming RB, etc.). Why would they, if another fancy skins are on its way. 

Edited by SergeyKulish
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, jannyg said:

We would probably get more luck hounding Norris/Verstappen on their social medias to make a fuss about the main issues of this game.

I am sure they play this game in between races. 

Might be the only way codemasters would actually listen if a public figure outed them.

I'm very sure they DON'T play the game as it's so far from real life as to encourage bad habits in a sports person. They DO race for sure, they both use iracing quite often as it's racing other good consistent and clean drivers. I saw Lando on his twitch stream once playing F1 2019. He could only do it for 10 mins. Car kept spinning out and he said like 4 times "THIS game!".... He wasn't impressed. If a pro driver can't compete in a game something is seriously wrong... He should be killing the online opponents but he couldn't keep up! 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 4

21 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm very sure they DON'T play the game as it's so far from real life as to encourage bad habits in a sports person. They DO race for sure, they both use iracing quite often as it's racing other good consistent and clean drivers. I saw Lando on his twitch stream once playing F1 2019. He could only do it for 10 mins. Car kept spinning out and he said like 4 times "THIS game!".... He wasn't impressed. If a pro driver can't compete in a game something is seriously wrong... He should be killing the online opponents but he couldn't keep up! 

lando was trying the game as you said for like 10-20 mins and cleary said that this understeer is ********.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

lando was trying the game as you said for like 10-20 mins and cleary said that this understeer is ********.

Yes because the handling in this game is the worst thing I have seen from Codemasters since 2014. It’s completely random because they thought the cars are 1,5 seconds slower than 2018. They tried to fixed this but still the cars are way to slow and for sure they couldn’t changed the handling a lot. The best thing would have been if they would have add the 2018 handling instead of that. They scraped the Balast and now the cars are just to difficult to set up. No matter what you do on some tracks, you still have always this understeering. The drivers said that this years cars are not different to the last two years. But in the game it feels like a jump back to the cars pre 2017.

And I’m sure Lando or Max would have fun with F1 2018. Because the handling was very accurate and I enjoyed every minute of this. I‘m in my league for nearly 9 years now and drive my 9th season currently and the most experience drivers of our league have problems with the current handling because everybody say that’s more arcade than ever. Before this season I had  8x 100% Monaco GP on league terms behind me. Since F1 2011. I was always on the fight to the Top 5 and loved this track. In this Game it’s horrible - only understeering, especially in the race.

It’s just sad. But instead of working on that or on that stupid wrong gearing (especially in Multiplayer) or the still broken Safety Car, we get a ******* Halloween skin. Shame on you Codemasters..

Edited by Jaketa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Codemasters please update the game so the cars are as fast as in real life and not 1-1.5 seconds slower. Also please update the cars appearance and make the right performance of the different teams. I can’t stand it because in real life i think they have broken the lap records at pretty much every track so how come the cars are slower in 19 than they were in 18?

• Agree 1

Hi @Eddieforslund,

I'm merging this thread as there is already a thread on this.

Please, before posting, check in our forums to see if your discussion is already in place. It helps us manage demand and to make the forums cleaner for everyone to see key posts.

@BarryBL okay but can you answer if you will fix this? Because it is probably the thing that annoys me the most about this. And the safety car then this game would be almost perfect in my opinion

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Eddieforslund,

I believe this has already been answered in previous posts from CM staff in this thread.

@BarryBL

And I believe it is good manners to answer him regardless. 

"Not currently", besides being very disappointing, is not really an answer. It's the kind of thing shrewd people say to avoid giving an answer. 

But it also makes someone hope you guys might change your mind. And seeing as the game is dying around us and that must feel bad for the developers, a change of mind would make a lot of sense..

• Like 1

@BarryBL

I really do not understand how it can be so hard to fix the performace and overall speed of the cars. The car models and liveries. Most importantly how can it be so hard to fix the safety car? Just make the chance of a safety car to come out higher. You guys say you want to have the game as realistic as possible but if the cars aren’t like they are in real life then it is far from realistic. The cars have to be as fast and look like they do in real life if its gonna be realistic. Unless you fix this then this year’s game is a failure

• Agree 1

So glad I voted with my wallet this year and its topics like this that have helped me make a choice nt to purchase.

2018s game has its flaws but I am enjoying it mostly but the bugs in it carried over to 19 and then some!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Eddieforslund,

I believe this has already been answered in previous posts from CM staff in this thread.

*jaw drops on ground, eye starts twitching*

😱😱😱😱😱 Nooooooo, he did not just replied like that. 

first avoiding the safety car questions in the patch note topic, now another avoiding answer like this.

And you are still wondering why 98% of the reactions on your "HEREIAM" topic were like: seeing is believing, on YOUR statement on TO MAKE F12019 great again! @BarryBL, you're just here and already Showing us that it won't get 1 inch better. 

you have proven us right to be cynical and sceptical.

all you do is pick the easy problems to respond to, and stay away from the hardest ones like Safety Car, while you could have made yourself immortal by actually taking up the gloves and take on the hard stuff first.

what a disappointment. Again. 

• Agree 1

On 10/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi, we are not currently looking at adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again. While we try to tune the cars as close as possible to real life, it is not always possible as a result of the constant improvements the teams are making as well as the increasing skill of the real life drivers pushing themselves to the very limit. 

Here's the answer. Seems like a fair answer to me, since we don't know how time consuming these adjustments are. (clearify that and you will get a lot more understanding) We can't expect them to adjust after every race or when a team has been caught cheating 😇. I'm not taking sides, but I find it kind of cheap to come down on a guy who has been around for two weeks and doesn't have all the answers. I do however agree that communication has to improve a lot regarding unsolved issues. 

Edited by 1512marcel

no but i at least expect the to make adjustments when the teams bring massive upgrades like spain, spa and more. The cars are still australia spec in this game Plus that excuse wont work after abu dhabi because then the season is over so they can easily change the cars then, Because then the performance and cars wont change again so if they dont fix it they will have to come up with a new dumb excuse to why they are lazy. But the safety car they have no excuse for. @1512marcel

• Agree 2

I was complaining about the performance of the cars initially - 2 or 3 seconds a lap slower than 2018. However I'm now in my 4th season of career with McLaren, developing the car continually, I'm now up with RL qualifying times (pole) at quite a few tracks so I'm finding more than a second per lap development gain season on season. The trouble now is that the Torro Rosso is the fastest car in my career and they are sometimes a second quicker than me, more than a second quicker than RL pole times. And this is still season 4 and on 95% difficulty so god knows what pace the best car, max developed can get to in season 10 on 110% level. It's gonna be warp speed... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rinehart27 said:

I was complaining about the performance of the cars initially - 2 or 3 seconds a lap slower than 2018. However I'm now in my 4th season of career with McLaren, developing the car continually, I'm now up with RL qualifying times (pole) at quite a few tracks so I'm finding more than a second per lap development gain season on season. The trouble now is that the Torro Rosso is the fastest car in my career and they are sometimes a second quicker than me, more than a second quicker than RL pole times. And this is still season 4 and on 95% difficulty so god knows what pace the best car, max developed can get to in season 10 on 110% level. It's gonna be warp speed... 

you did not understand anything. the basic problem for which you are discussing is the online not the career.
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

you did not understand anything. the basic problem for which you are discussing is the online not the career.

What are you talking about you complete loon, I've just read the original post, which is not yours and it's not about online. 

• Haha 1