Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League (online) Pre-race game crash [ZX]

Sorry @Hoo, but any ideas?

Does the glitch only happen when one of the drivers reach Q3. What if no actual drivers reach it?

@MerkmanPS4 @Camdmitchell I have merged your threads into here so that the discussion can remain in one place. This is something that we are aware of and are looking at addressing in an upcoming patch once it gets through the testing phase. 

Hi there,

Recently over the past month (or 2) I, and a group of 4 friends in total have been trying to play leagues (With ai on, if this helps).

As we play quite regularly we have noticed that we get a lot of game crashes in transition from Qualifying 3, black screen before the race and the game crashes, it is always in this order after advancing from Q3. With Error Code CE-34878-0, This always suggests us to update both the game and/or the system software. (Which we have checked, many many times) We have also all uninstalled and reinstalled our copies of the game, none to any Avail.

This happens in seperate leagues involving us too. It's making the game almost unplayable having to commit so much time to MAYBE get past the crash alone. ANY help would be appreciated as it doesn't see to be an addressed issue yet.

PS: I'd like to also note that it has skipped many of our races due to this crash. Most times we can retry from the session restart in practice, but occasionally we get the result of the attachment below.

15688303330794724219290369279800.jpg

@JakeJewie20 I have merged your thread with an existing one about the same issue. Like my message above, the issue advancing after Q3 is something we are aware of and are looking to address in an upcoming patch. 

T300/racing , ps4,

league owner f12019  ,

owned every f1 game ,dirt rally and 2.0 , assetto corsa ,

sometimes iracing on the PC ,

Tbh we've had very few problem running our leagues and running f12019 , no different to running f12018,

we always use unranked ,then host sends out private invites,

we run our practice night with 90 mins practice , 15mins or short qualy followed by either 50% or 100 % race distance,

on race night we again only use unranked and send out private invites,

short  qualy 15 mins , race 50% , unless end of season 100% race distance,

wether is set to dynamic in all weather slots for qualy and race,

practice and qualy and race are always set to midday ,

we use the f1 cars on equal with absolutly NO AI,

lobby assists are no tc and mid tc,

abs is set to on,

please note it's set up like this so individuals can turn limited assists off or on,

half the league is wheel and other half uses pad,

only 2 crashed lobbies in last 6 months,

our biggest problem and hate (strong word hate ) is from day one release of f12019 , pad vs wheel was equal and no crazy car setups like front wing 1 ,rear wing 12 or vice versa ,

from around patch 1.04 onwards. Pad users were pulling away from wheel users ,it's now between 1 and 3 seconds per lap faster on pad ,this is depending on track,

I am a huge F1 fan of many many years and a big supporter of codemaster F1 games,

but when F12019 came out from day one release everyone in sim community was so happy , pad vs wheel was equal ,if you used no assists with time it rewarded you with faster lap times,

FFB from patch 1.04 onwards has got muted with every further patch , 

so ffb needs to be fixed ASAP and pad vs wheel needs to be made equal again ASAP,

we know for a fact everything worked brilliantly from day one release ,

sadly for our leagues unless the above 2 game killers bugs are not fixed ,we will be forced to go back to project cars 2,

and that game is over 2 years old,

i know this is not the answer you guys wanted ,but it's a truthful report on the ps4 especially for people who race in leagues and league owners,

On 9/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, RedDevilKT said:

@JakeJewie20 I have merged your thread with an existing one about the same issue. Like my message above, the issue advancing after Q3 is something we are aware of and are looking to address in an upcoming patch. 

well? Where IS this thread 😄 the remainder of us wants to see it aswell!

On 9/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, Miklsen said:

well? Where IS this thread 😄 the remainder of us wants to see it aswell!

This IS the post xD

On 9/21/2019 at 3:56 AM, senna94f1 said:

T300/racing , ps4,

league owner f12019  ,

owned every f1 game ,dirt rally and 2.0 , assetto corsa ,

sometimes iracing on the PC ,

Tbh we've had very few problem running our leagues and running f12019 , no different to running f12018,

we always use unranked ,then host sends out private invites,

we run our practice night with 90 mins practice , 15mins or short qualy followed by either 50% or 100 % race distance,

on race night we again only use unranked and send out private invites,

short  qualy 15 mins , race 50% , unless end of season 100% race distance,

wether is set to dynamic in all weather slots for qualy and race,

practice and qualy and race are always set to midday ,

we use the f1 cars on equal with absolutly NO AI,

lobby assists are no tc and mid tc,

abs is set to on,

please note it's set up like this so individuals can turn limited assists off or on,

half the league is wheel and other half uses pad,

only 2 crashed lobbies in last 6 months,

our biggest problem and hate (strong word hate ) is from day one release of f12019 , pad vs wheel was equal and no crazy car setups like front wing 1 ,rear wing 12 or vice versa ,

from around patch 1.04 onwards. Pad users were pulling away from wheel users ,it's now between 1 and 3 seconds per lap faster on pad ,this is depending on track,

I am a huge F1 fan of many many years and a big supporter of codemaster F1 games,

but when F12019 came out from day one release everyone in sim community was so happy , pad vs wheel was equal ,if you used no assists with time it rewarded you with faster lap times,

FFB from patch 1.04 onwards has got muted with every further patch , 

so ffb needs to be fixed ASAP and pad vs wheel needs to be made equal again ASAP,

we know for a fact everything worked brilliantly from day one release ,

sadly for our leagues unless the above 2 game killers bugs are not fixed ,we will be forced to go back to project cars 2,

and that game is over 2 years old,

i know this is not the answer you guys wanted ,but it's a truthful report on the ps4 especially for people who race in leagues and league owners,

This topic is about Leagues crashing after qualifying, not unranked custom games.

Is there a point to that post Senna?
I originally posted an issue to codemasters regarding Q1, 2, 3. This has been merged and moved a million times, confirmed others have the same issue and the issue is being looked at.....yet, still no fix. I dont really need to know all the other problems there are, or that other games are working fine, who cares. Can i please have an update from Codemasters about the fix to the Q1, Q2, Q3....how you managed to miss this in your testing pre-release is unbelievable. did noone test the full race weekend? Thought noone could be bothered?

Basically you released a game too early without full testing, ever heard of a BETA??
Now none of my friends are playing, my wheel is a waste and we're into other stuff. I suspect many have done the same. Well done, what a waste of money!

Shoddy game and Shoddy support

PS Can staff stop merging threads, some issues are just vaguely related and your just watering down the noise rather than fixing the problem