Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Is there manual starts or not?

I've been searching and I've only seen it on foreign sites so I'd like cosies to confirm so I don't get to excited
thanks. God bless

The manual starts thing was a bit of a misinterpretation of what Lee said in the press interviews. In short you won't be jumping the start; that sequence remains pretty much the same as previous years (although the AI are better off the line these days!). You can however be left behind if you're in manual gears are you forget to put it in 1st.

mmpaw37 said:
Britpoint said:
The manual starts thing was a bit of a misinterpretation of what Lee said in the press interviews. In short you won't be jumping the start; that sequence remains pretty much the same as previous years (although the AI are better off the line these days!). You can however be left behind if you're in manual gears are you forget to put it in 1st.

What do you mean exactly?..., Do you mean put the car in 1st gear before the start or exactly when the lights go out?

...there isn't the use of any clutch so...

And can you clarify that there won't be 'jump starts'(Penalties), as mentioned within an interview, he did mention you would be penalised for the jump start.

Before the start, during the light sequence. You don't get a special boost to your launch if you time it for when the lights go out or anything like that, you just put it in gear and then the starts work like they have in previous iterations.

I'm curious where this "quote" came from, as the guys who gave the interviews seem pretty convinced they didn't say anything about jump starts! So most likely they've been misquoted, or possibly someone misspoke but there are no jump starts this year.

And more bad news. LOL Great job Codies.  A++

Can't even get your own information clear.

@britpoint whilst we are on the subject of starts is there any set range of throttle application to get the perfect start or just nail it hard for the launch?

One of the things I don't like from previous games is the on screen start red lights. We should have a way to remove them and keep only the real track signaling lights.

@britpoint whilst we are on the subject of starts is there any set range of throttle application to get the perfect start or just nail it hard for the launch?
Yes you have to be careful about how you apply your throttle. Not enough revs and you'll bog down, too many and you'll spin the rear tyres. So you'll need to find a sweet spot and then feed in more throttle as you get moving. The engine is more sensitive to overheating as well now which will compromise your performance if you sit on the limiter for too long.

Britpoint said:
Yes you have to be careful about how you apply your throttle. Not enough revs and you'll bog down, too many and you'll spin the rear tyres. So you'll need to find a sweet spot and then feed in more throttle as you get moving. The engine is more sensitive to overheating as well now which will compromise your performance if you sit on the limiter for too long.
cheers for that

That's good so there is scope for a good and bad start... Nice!
Not really any different from at least two of the last four games, though.
I thought you could always just floor the gas pedal (from the looks on vids on YouTube) but since I have not bought an F1 game since 2011 I guess I know jack shit really!

That's good so there is scope for a good and bad start... Nice!
Not really any different from at least two of the last four games, though.
I thought you could always just floor the gas pedal (from the looks on vids on YouTube) but since I have not bought an F1 game since 2011 I guess I know jack shit really!
TBH it's pretty similar in all the games. Whether that changes on the new engine for 2015 I don't know we'll have to see.

Britpoint said:
mmpaw37 said:
Britpoint said:

What do you mean exactly?..., Do you mean put the car in 1st gear before the start or exactly when the lights go out?

...there isn't the use of any clutch so...

And can you clarify that there won't be 'jump starts'(Penalties), as mentioned within an interview, he did mention you would be penalised for the jump start.

Before the start, during the light sequence. You don't get a special boost to your launch if you time it for when the lights go out or anything like that, you just put it in gear and then the starts work like they have in previous iterations.

I'm curious where this "quote" came from, as the guys who gave the interviews seem pretty convinced they didn't say anything about jump starts! So most likely they've been misquoted, or possibly someone misspoke but there are no jump starts this year.
Ugh, terrible news.  It was in a foreign preview, and Google Translate's English version clearly said manual starts.  I doubt Google Translate got it wrong, so I assume the preview did.  Can't really be bothered finding it again.  How hard is it to program manual starts and pit stops?  Every other sim has it!