VR, DirtFish & Patch Notes: Version 1.7 of DiRT Rally 2.0

3 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

The view in VR should be exactly as if you were seeing it in real life. That's kinda the point. If the wheel looks too big, you're either sitting too close to it, or your expectations need adjusting.

its possible the worldsize is off. in pcars2 for example you can change a setting to adjust for that. the first time i started it a formula1 wheel looked lik it would 30" in diameter. but then you can tune it and it gets better.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, MTOJay said:

its possible the worldsize is off. in pcars2 for example you can change a setting to adjust for that. the first time i started it a formula1 wheel looked lik it would 30" in diameter. but then you can tune it and it gets better.

Good point, forgot about that. You'd think these things would be dealt with automatically.

Posted (edited)

So what are you guys saying, that even if you move the seat back in the car, the steering wheel looks larger than say 34cm in an R2 or R5?  And you are SURE about this?  (I don't have a VR set to check here)

Edited by bn880

@PJTierney

can you confirm that racenet for oculus and steam version run on the same server this time around? or is it like the first time where oculus users were not able to join leagues and timetrials with steam users?

that is really important to make a decision on where to buy it.

@Roland Horn

What headset are you using?

Steam version?

I haven’t been able to test on my Rift yet but will soon. If the world scale is off that’s concerning. 

3 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

and there doesn’t appear to be any mention of the seasons or anyway to buy them yet.

Post-launch content from other platforms will come to Oculus in the future.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Roland Horn said:

@bn880

Looks for me nearly like 40cm.

Damn, that's not a big difference from reality.  I suggest reporting it in the bug thread though for sure.

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1

Too bad for the VR support on consoles....

and thanks for the dirt-fish !

Any hints on keyboard and UDP telemetry for consoles as well ?

Thanks.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

That content will come in the future.

When it’s ready, right?

If I was a betting man, I might wager this is an artificially staggered release to allow the first wave of Oculus customers to buy the game at full price without immediately seeing  additional content at additional cost. But that would be pretty scummy and anti-consumer, so I’m sure it’s not that.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JesseDeya said:

When it’s ready, right?

If I was a betting man, I might wager this is an artificially staggered release to allow the first wave of Oculus customers to buy the game at full price without immediately seeing  additional content at additional cost. But that would be pretty scummy and anti-consumer, so I’m sure it’s not that.

How is something sold at an arms-length 'scummy and anti-consumer'? What does 'artificially staggered' mean? There's a 'natural stagger' they should (despite it being anti-profit) follow?

Somehow Codies are morally expected to sell their game in a way which doesn't maximise sales? I'm all ears on this, seriously.

@PJTierney

Could you please clarify the following questions with the devs as this seems to be important for a lot of people:

1. Was VR implemented with both native OculusVR and SteamVR/OpenVR or only one? (though Oculus Store availability suggests both)
2. If yes, are both store versions shipped with both each? Or does the Oculus Store version only ship with native OculusVR support (and the same for the steam version)?
3. If yes, can the user decide which mode to use by using a command line param for example?
4. Can Oculus Store players compete online with Steam Version Players?

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, bbbwww said:

@PJTierney

Could you please clarify the following questions with the devs as this seems to be important for a lot of people:

1. Was VR implemented with both native OculusVR and SteamVR/OpenVR or only one? (though Oculus Store availability suggests both)
2. If yes, are both store versions shipped with both each? Or does the Oculus Store version only ship with native OculusVR support (and the same for the steam version)?
3. If yes, can the user decide which mode to use by using a command line param for example?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I bought the Steam version on release and will be very unhappy if the native Oculus support is only available in the version bought through the Oculus store. Looking at the program folder, there is only openvr_api.dll and there are no options within Steam to specify the type of VR to use. I have a Rift S attached to a PC with a 1080Ti and a 9700K at 5.2GHz. Even with all the graphics options set to low I am getting terrible performance.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, bbbwww said:

@PJTierney

these are the most important questions. the fact that they are not answering them atm doesnt really mean good things does it?! but lets wait and see. 

@PJTierney care to answer anything?

• Agree 1

Really bad performance here too. When I move my head then its so stutteri or smth. :(

• Agree 1

Just now, MTOJay said:

these are the most important questions. the fact that they are not answering them atm doesnt really mean good things does it?! but lets wait and see. 

@PJTierney care to answer anything?

It doesn't meany anything at all except maybe that PJ doesn't know the answers and is trying to find out. It's not even been out for a day yet, have a bit of patience.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Wheeeeee it's so much fun!!!!!

This is worth the entire price of the game for me. I've never as much enjoyed sampling so many cars in this free way, in a video game, where the cars feel so 'alive' and responsive.

Masterstroke by Codies.

And one thing: See how the colours on the trees are a mix of red, yellow and greens? @ianism it's what you mentioned regarding the NE stages. This is so much better.

• Like 1

Just now, Jake Cushing said:

Wheeeeee it's so much fun!!!!!

This is worth the entire price of the game for me. I've never as much enjoyed sampling so many cars in this free way, in a video game, where the cars feel so 'alive' and responsive.

Masterstroke by Codies.

And one thing: See how the colours on the trees are a mix of red, yellow and greens? @ianism it's what you mentioned regarding the NE stages. This is so much better.

hey @Jake Cushing whats your hardware? whats your vr headset? and what version are you running ( steam vr or oculus home)?

Did I understand correctly that only the base content is available in VR? No Monte or Wales?

Is there any starting-option to disable VR temporally?? "noVR" doesn´t work ...

10 minutes ago, bbbwww said:

Did I understand correctly that only the base content is available in VR? No Monte or Wales?

All the content is available in VR.