VR, DirtFish & Patch Notes: Version 1.7 of DiRT Rally 2.0

After all, do we know if the the command -vrmode Oculus gets the same performance as the Oculus Store version?

For me it works fine using the command, but I don't have the Oculus Store version to compare.

9 minutes ago, Dehh said:

After all, do we know if the the command -vrmode Oculus gets the same performance as the Oculus Store version?

For me it works fine using the command, but I don't have the Oculus Store version to compare.

It’s hit and miss depending on the user.

Try these settings and see if they help:

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It’s hit and miss depending on the user.

Try these settings and see if they help:

How can this be a hit or miss? We paid for the game, we should get the very best performance available!

What you are telling me is that we MAY get a good performance using oculus rift and steam version, how shady is that? If we already paid for deluxe edition a long time ago and get a bad performance with steam version, what should we do? Buy it again on Oculus and pay twice just to get a better performance? We want solutions, not a command line that MAYBE works for some...

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Dehh said:

How can this be a hit or miss? We paid for the game, we should get the very best performance available!

What you are telling me is that we MAY get a good performance using oculus rift and steam version, how shady is that? If we already paid for deluxe edition a long time ago and get a bad performance with steam version, what should we do? Buy it again on Oculus and pay twice just to get a better performance? We want solutions, not a command line that MAYBE works for some...

It's hit or miss depending on if you want to buy the game again or not. The only solution they car about is the one that gets them double the money. They don't give a rats fart about people that supported their game from Day 1 by buying it on Steam, only about their own profits.

It's a shame to see what a horrible, scummy company Codemasters has turned into. At least that saves me the money from the GRID pre-order-

• Agree 1

I have no desire to deal with companies that think that screwing with their customers is a good business decision. I bought Dirt 3, Dirt Rally in early access and Dirt Rally 2 Deluxe version. I have a DK1, DK2, CV1 and Touch controllers. If the current state of VR in Dirt Rally 2 does not change, I will not be buying products from Codemasters or Oculus in the future (including upcoming DR2 DLC).

4 hours ago, GoesTo11 said:

I have no desire to deal with companies that think that screwing with their customers is a good business decision. I bought Dirt 3, Dirt Rally in early access and Dirt Rally 2 Deluxe version. I have a DK1, DK2, CV1 and Touch controllers. If the current state of VR in Dirt Rally 2 does not change, I will not be buying products from Codemasters or Oculus in the future (including upcoming DR2 DLC).

If you followed the CM channels well, than you would know they are busy with it. And than this slamming comments are kinda useless!!!! Rather report what problems you have in details so they can work on it more specific 😉 in the tech section there is a VR bug topic. 🐜 

• Agree 1

Didn't found this information anywhere, so please assist por favor:

1. Does VR is an option for Xbox version?
  2. If yes, what VR can I choose from? Which is the best?
  3. If I will switch to Xbox One X (currently I am on S) will be there any compatibility changes?

Really appreciate any help in advance. Peace.

22 minutes ago, kaisersoze77 said:

3. If I will switch to Xbox One X (currently I am on S) will be there any compatibility changes?

The Xbox One does not support any VR headset so it would be impossible to play any game in VR on and Xbox one.

43 minutes ago, Slim said:

The Xbox One does not support any VR headset so it would be impossible to play any game in VR on and Xbox one.

There are many reviews telling that Oculus Rift fits the best for Xbox One, however it is not the only option. The question wasn't about general VR availability for Xbox One, but specifically for DR2 game on Xbox One, and if there is a compatibility difference for S and X versions. Does anyone have real experience?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, kaisersoze77 said:

There are many reviews telling that Oculus Rift fits the best for Xbox One, however it is not the only option. The question wasn't about general VR availability for Xbox One, but specifically for DR2 game on Xbox One, and if there is a compatibility difference for S and X versions. Does anyone have real experience?

no. there is no vr support on xbox. period. you cant use any vr headset with any xbox at the moment. 

• Agree 2

Helped for me reduce "lag".
Open SteamVR -> open settings -> go to Developer> unmark "Starts SteamVR when a VR application starts -> close SteamVR.
It still launch SteamVR in start, but different way. I guess it same like command "-vrmode oculus", but that didnt work for me

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, JorritVD said:

If you followed the CM channels well, than you would know they are busy with it. And than this slamming comments are kinda useless!!!! Rather report what problems you have in details so they can work on it more specific 😉 in the tech section there is a VR bug topic. 🐜 

If letting them know that I am very displeased and won't be supporting them in the future is useless, then they are a worse company than I thought.  The solution is simple. Either put the Oculus SDK version on Steam or offer Oculus codes to those people affected.

It really baffles me that the people most affected by this gaffe are those that have shown support for both Oculus and Codemasters. It is really baffling that these companies would treat their customers this way. If that is their business decision, my business decision is to no longer be a customer.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 6:44 PM, kaisersoze77 said:

On 8/14/2019 at 7:52 PM, kaisersoze77 said:
On 8/14/2019 at 7:07 PM, Slim said:

Just to be perfectly clear for anyone else reading this because for some reason @kaisersoze77 still thinks otherwise... Xbox does not support VR in any way shape or form. Not a thing. There was once some talk about them getting into it, but that is dead in the water, there are currently no plans for VR to come to Xbox that anyone in the public forum is aware of.

• Agree 2

Ok, so for me, performance in vr is an issue it seems, everything in low except the shader quality and it still is below 90 fps.

With asw off the tracking is very weird.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:31 PM, PJTierney said:

For what it’s worth I have asked if OculusSDK support is in the works for the Steam version, as it’s clear that that’s the #1 issue people are having on Steam right now.

So... what’s the answer?

8 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

So... what’s the answer?

We're investigating. It's not a "flip the switch" or "copy paste from Oculus version" kind of thing 😉 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2019 at 7:43 PM, Killso2 said:

Ok, so for me, performance in vr is an issue it seems, everything in low except the shader quality and it still is below 90 fps.

With asw off the tracking is very weird.

Well, if it is one thing you should have on low to get performance it's shader quality. Having that on low is the only thing that, for me, prevents stuttering when turning my head around. If I set shader quality to high, I get stuttering no matter what other settings is set to low. I also have ASW turned off and I have constant 90fps using Oculus CV1.

Edited by MongoJon [VR]

i have refunded my oculus version. no idea when dlcs will be around and cant play multiplayer games with my friends from steam. just now worth it at that price point.  

if the steam version gets oculus support i will jump back on. if not, its codemasters loss.