Sign in to follow this  

An Open Letter from Gnarl | Codemasters Blog

My congratulations "Overlord," although I suppose I should be addressing Gnarl, since there is not, in fact, an actual overlord. With a single trailer you have managed to alienate or enrage almost your entire fan base who only two days ago were ecstatic at the prospect of their new game. A truly fiendish accomplishment, you should be proud. You appear to have taken all the potential enhancements that could have gone into a new overlord, customizable body, various lairs, new minions, mistresses, mounts, mechanics, actual fun, and tossed them aside in favor of a hack-and-slash nobody-cares. You have forgotten the most important tenant of ANY evil: "There is only one lord... And he does not share power." -Gandalf. You did get one thing correct though: they certainly are dimwits. You say "Evil always finds a way," and I hope it does find a way: around you.

To all the haters-- this is obviously not the only overlord game you're going to get so calm down already. They're seeing if the franchise is viable.  Don't buy this game and expect there not to be another for a long time... Give it a shot and support the company and let your voice be heard at the same time and your odds get much better. 

For the devs... Does the loot change your characters appearance or not? And is there going to be a lot of it to find?  In spite of what people say there aren't enough Diablo clones for console out there at all-- Diablo is the ONLY dungeon crawler with local and online mixed play.  You would LITERALLY be the next in line-- you ARE in fact filling a gap in gaming by doing this, and I for one am really looking forward to this game having potential-- IF the loot system is stellar-- lots of it with lots of unique appearance changes and abilities.  If not then your fan base may be right and this game may be a neither a overlord game nor a good dungeon crawler... Making fans of both greatly unimpressed... I'm hopeful you will do the right thing... Make the game the best it can possibly be and even the worst of haters will only have personal preference to stand on.