DiRT Rally 2.0: Version 1.7 Bug-Reporting Thread

Question

IMPORTANT: Read and understand this entire opening post before replying, as providing the right amount of detail will help out the team immensely in tracking and resolving any bugs that arise, thanks.

ALSO: For VR-specific bug reporting, head here: 

DR2_Subaru_WRX_NR4-(2).JPG

Before posting, please make sure to follow these guidelines. Without adequate information the team will have trouble identifying and fixing bugs, so please provide as much info as you can:

• Check if a bug has already been reported.
  • If you reported a bug in a previous version of the game, check your game first to see if it's been fixed.
  • If a bug has been reported and you are experiencing the same issue, hit the upvote icon: 

image.png

• The more popular bug posts will have a better chance of catching the attention of the team.
    Also, this thread allows us to sort comments by how many votes they have, so make use of that feature 🙂 
  • If a bug cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.
  • When you experience a bug, please try to trigger said bug again if you can, and show us the steps you went through to trigger it.
  • Text steps are good, video even better.
  • One bug per post please, for our tracking purposes. That way every bug gets its own URL for us to investigate.

Please also provide the following:

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.

Posted (edited)

Hi, with the new PC update.
I noticed that the engine sound is not smooth, the sound decreases at medium / low RPM. The audio in wales in replays disappears again. Still in Wales, the effect of the wet is still missing, the trail of water is not visible and the effects of the particles are missing.. @PJTierney

Best regards please fix the effect. 

Edited by RocconMarco

I got a network error code e4669c75-58-58 and i can't connect to race net 

There is no way to launch with the Oculus API with the steam version. It runs really badly with my 2080ti.
Is it igoing to be fixed or should I refund

hi pj just a small issue after update when playing daily,weekly,monthly challenges after completing them and looking at rewards there is no green indicator bar showing which tier you finished in.thanks in advance.

Codemasters aware that audio cuts out on xbox one x daily and only way to fix is to go to home screen then back into game?

Posted (edited)

Decided to be a little more helpful and record the frametimes im getting in the game. You can clearly see the spikes like clockwork. Again this is regardless of visual settings. This is on the Rift with the steamVR latest beta. Also happens with the non beta version.

Ryzen 3700x

2080 Super

Steam version of the deluxe edition

This is with polling rate set to 100ms:

frametimes.PNG

Edited by JellyD

Posted (edited)

Not a bug in the strict sense, but stage lengths and altitude differences in Wales are still all over the place... and most importantly, the stage selection maps of Dyffryn Afon/Reverse are still mixed up, showing the wrong direction.

edit: platform: Steam

Edited by DocStrangelove

I am on xbox and i have noticed that from time to time on Rallycross has AI cars just taken joker laps every lap for no reason. I have also noticed when starting an RX event that sometimes another car just spawns on me and that destroys both cars. 

3 hours ago, JellyD said:

Decided to be a little more helpful and record the frametimes im getting in the game. You can clearly see the spikes like clockwork. Again this is regardless of visual settings. This is on the Rift with the steamVR latest beta. Also happens with the non beta version.

If it's not a new bug, then this bug is there since v1.0 it's a problem with reading the HID devices properly.

I have recorded the stutter I think 5 times, but there is nothing happening.

Some people a deleting a HID device in the hardware manager, some people have to disconnect their wheel (what's senseless in a rally game). My solution is that I add a game controller before the game start and disconnect the controller when the game is running.

36 minutes ago, Peter Mathen said:

If it's not a new bug, then this bug is there since v1.0 it's a problem with reading the HID devices properly.

I have recorded the stutter I think 5 times, but there is nothing happening.

Some people a deleting a HID device in the hardware manager, some people have to disconnect their wheel (what's senseless in a rally game). My solution is that I add a game controller before the game start and disconnect the controller when the game is running.

Well thanks for helping me find a workaround. Disabling one of my USB devices did indeed stop the stuttering. I guess I just didn't notice in 2d as much. Or it didn't do it on the previous PC. It's a little ridiculous needing to dig into and disable stuff in device manager for a game to function normally though. Especially if this bug has been around for that long.

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong note in Italian co-driver.

Spain Rally, (Comienzo en Bellriu and Ascenso por valle el Gaulet), as shown in the attached video, co-driver call the note "1 Sinistra" (1 Left) but is wrong. Correct note is "1 destra" (1 right).

I report this bug for the 4th time, still present from version 1.0. Is the development team going to solve it or not?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Skoda Fabia Rally (DLC) wiper swipes horribly out of sync with the water being cleared. (Xbox One)

Edited by ebarbs27

I'am playing Dirt rally 2.0 since two weeks and my wheel has suddenly been disconnected and reconnected (all by itself) 2 or 3 times while playing.

First time it occurs with my wheel in two years.

- Xbox One Fat

- DR 2.0 Standard version

- Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition

On 8/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, mrtmojo said:

Codemasters aware that audio cuts out on xbox one x daily and only way to fix is to go to home screen then back into game?

Experiencing this on Xbox fat and with an A/V receiver Onkyo RZ 730.

6 minutes ago, BlackCatMatt said:

Hey,

Playing on Xbox One and it seems my RX final grids are glitching. Anytime I start a semi-final or final the cars line up like they’re in a heat and then cars pile on top of each other before I can even start the race.

Please patch! I love this game for the RX events. 

-Matt

You should make a video or screenshot.

Posted (edited)

1. Strange position of left mirror in Fiesta R5. Is it intended?

-------------------------------------

EDIT: 
ok, this is according to the real model of Fiesta R5, it was easy to check, my bad, sorry for stupid question (screenshot deleted).

------------------------------------

2. Polish translation. Hard tires were translated before as "trudny" which means hard but in meaning of difficulty. Hard in meaning of toughness should be translated as "twarde" (and this is about plural, "trudny" is about singular and in masculine gender so it was even bigger nonsense).

Now it is translated as "wysoki" which means tall (or high if you want) and "wysoki" is adjective of singular masculine gender. Tire is feminine gender in polish. What is tall? Tires are tall? So it should be about plural, so "wysokie". Tread of tire is tall? So make it "wysoki bieżnik" (high tread)

I don't know what you're up to but at the moment it is something like:

soft (miękkie, about plural), medium (średnie, about plural), tall (wysoki, about singular and masculine gender)

Want tough tires? So make it "twarde".

Want tall tires? So make it "wysokie".

Want tall tread (of tire)? So make it "wysoki bieżnik".

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Steam
Laptop, 1050 Ti, i7-7700HQ, 16 GB RAM
Deluxe user
xbox gamepad

Edited by Fanatyk91

I played custom championship on the new Estering track, single race 6 laps with Supercars (Audi S1, clear weather). I took the Joker on the last lap but I got a 30 second penalty for not taking the Joker. I played one session before this (Fiesta Mk8, rain) but took the Joker on the 4th lap and that counted, so this could be related to taking it on the last lap perhaps?

Platform: PC

Deluxe user

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1600 (1st gen)

Graphics: GTX 1070

• Agree 2

Club championships only retain custom car tuning for one stage after each service. For the second/third stages after each service they seem to revert to default tuning.

I'm a PC user but my friend tell me this happens on all platforms...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
  • What platform you're playing on. 
  • - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 750Ti 
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • - No

@PJTierney are the team aware of the game breaking bug introduced with the Estering update? Any RX Semi Final or Final will have the 6 cars lined up like it's a heat race, and the car on the inside will be slightly ahead and completely destroyed, would appreciate a hotfix pushed for this as RX events are pretty much a no play at the moment because of this, including the 2 current RX weekly events in My Team

UPDATE: It seems as though only Semi Finals are affected in Estering, Finals are as intended at Estering, bug was first noticed at Spain in the Semi Finals

UPDATE 2: Quitting to menu once you've loaded into the race and reloading the event will fix this bug for custom events

UPDATE 3: I believe this bug is caused by consolidation finals. When the semi finals load, it says Consolidation Semi-Final on the information screen where the track is showcased, even if you finish the heats in the top 12. Consolidation finals have 5 car lineups right @PJTierney? So that would be why the cars are lined up in a row of 5 with the 6th car out of position. Maybe this bug will mean the removal of consolidation finals as an always on feature, like I've been pushing for since they were introduced :classic_biggrin:

Edited by MattyH1812

Please add some search functionality to the clubs website. There are nearly 200 pages of clubs, mostly with 1 member and no active championship.

Being able to filter active clubs would be a massive help.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, BlackCatMatt said:

Hey,

Playing on Xbox One and it seems my RX final grids are glitching. Anytime I start a semi-final or final the cars line up like they’re in a heat and then cars pile on top of each other before I can even start the race.

Please patch! I love this game for the RX events. 

-Matt

@BlackCatMatt This is aiming to be fixed for the next patch.

BUG: I can't change the profile name at the start of the game and type my own.

*GTX 1060
*Ryzen 1600
*16GB RAM