DiRT Rally 2.0: Version 1.7 Bug-Reporting Thread

Question

IMPORTANT: Read and understand this entire opening post before replying, as providing the right amount of detail will help out the team immensely in tracking and resolving any bugs that arise, thanks.

ALSO: For VR-specific bug reporting, head here: 

DR2_Subaru_WRX_NR4-(2).JPG

Before posting, please make sure to follow these guidelines. Without adequate information the team will have trouble identifying and fixing bugs, so please provide as much info as you can:

• Check if a bug has already been reported.
  • If you reported a bug in a previous version of the game, check your game first to see if it's been fixed.
  • If a bug has been reported and you are experiencing the same issue, hit the upvote icon: 

image.png

• The more popular bug posts will have a better chance of catching the attention of the team.
    Also, this thread allows us to sort comments by how many votes they have, so make use of that feature 🙂 
  • If a bug cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.
  • When you experience a bug, please try to trigger said bug again if you can, and show us the steps you went through to trigger it.
  • Text steps are good, video even better.
  • One bug per post please, for our tracking purposes. That way every bug gets its own URL for us to investigate.

Please also provide the following:

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.

18 minutes ago, Czar90 said:

AI BUG: Second to last corner in Estering RX circuit, the AI is way too slow (safety car like pace). They are actually faster going on the Joker Lap against themselves. At MAX difficulty the issue is still present.

Yeah, I noticed that to. Also some other tracks have some slow AI parts, but also parts they are to strong. Haven't had time yet to completly work every track out where they are slow, and where they are to fast. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Yeah, I noticed that to. Also some other tracks have some slow AI parts, but also parts they are to strong. Haven't had time yet to completly work every track out where they are slow, and where they are to fast. 

@JorritVD @Czar90 thank you for reporting this. I have now logged this internally. Hopefully we can get a fix out for the next update but sadly can't promise that.

• Agree 1

PjTierney,

BUG: Have to re-calibrate wheel after starting game (launch).

New patch increased stuttering and FPS drop. After several tweeks I've managed to reduce these problems. One change was to re-install Logitech Software for my wheel. Now when I start the game my wheel is "off center".  I can re-calibrate my wheel and then everything works fine for my session, but every time I restart the game I have to re-calibrate my wheel. I have tried to re-install the Logitech software again, thinking this could be the problem, but the wheel "off center" still persists after game launch. Does not do this on any other game. Appears to be a problem with only Dirt Rally 2.0 after 1.7 patch.

PC on Steam(Deluxe)

GeForce GTX 1070

Driver version 431.60

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU@3.60Hz

16 GB RAM

3440 X 1440, Hz60 (overclock 100Hz)

Logitech G29 w/shifter

Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake

-Joseph

PjTierney,

BUG: Car "Damaged Body" in next stage after re-starting game even though there were no collisions or offs. (Carrier Mode only)

I don't always have time to run all 12 stages in one session so I quit the game and come back to the Rally later. When I come back (restart the game) my Car has "Body Damage" even though I have hit nothing in the previous stage. This only happens in Carrier Mode and Challenges and NOT in Custom Championship. I do not play in any of the Clubs, so I cannot confirm if it does it when participating in an event there.

If my car is in "service" when I return to the game, it does not give me the option to repair the damage. If I run a stage and then go to service, it allows me to repair the damage then.

This BUG was present before 1.7 patch but did not happen every time. Now, after 1.7 patch, it happens every time. 

PC on Steam(Deluxe)

GeForce GTX 1070

Driver version 431.60

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU@3.60Hz

16 GB RAM

3440 X 1440, Hz60 (overclock 100Hz)

Logitech G29 w/shifter

Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake

-Joseph

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CM_Ads said:

@JorritVD @Czar90 thank you for reporting this. I have now logged this internally. Hopefully we can get a fix out for the next update but sadly can't promise that.

I know some other parts frome experience

Hell
The AI is pretty slow in approaching Turn 8. Braking very early and taking the turn quite slowly

image.thumb.png.f83270fc4bffaf65abc9b75b97d711f4.png.

Barcalona
The AI seems to be a bit to strong in both the hairpin and the joker. Both mid-corner and exit, they seem to have much more grip.
image.png.2f91b6d44557f827b6322f62286976aa.png

Mettet
Through the chicane of T3 and T4 the AI seems a bit to strong.
Approach for T6 the AI seems a bit slow. After that the AI stay very in the middle of the track (like they have put on rails) and therefore looks awkward. The look fast, but impossible with those lines. 

image.thumb.png.5c400ff253f2f1fb9e176073704e43bd.png

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Platform: PS4 (DS4 Controller)
Deluxe Edition Owner

I found this glitch first using a Mini Cooper S in Australia, and tested to see if it was reproducible with the MG Metro 6R4 in USA.

Glitch Steps:
#1: Make sure you have bought the "Repair Ability" for your Co-Driver. (I was using P.Mills at the time)
#2: Start a Rally Championship in Career. (Glitch was found while on the Clubman difficulty, I have not tested to see if it happens on other difficulties)
#3: Participate as usual, until you get to the last stage. While on the last stage, terminally damage your car. (Crash into a tree, Hinkelstein, etc. I was half way through the stage, although I'm not sure if the length of the stage matters, as long as you terminally damage your car)
#4: When it asks if you would like to return to the Service Area (Using the Repair Ability), Click on "Yes"
#5: The rally will end as usual, showing that you finished in X position with 0 points.
#6: On the "Championship Details" page that appears immediately after, go to "Championship Standings" and it will show that the leader, and subsequent point scorers will have received double the amount of points for a single rally.

929375235_DR2GlitchEventCalendar.thumb.jpg.fa7cecaa0383a0356d5d836f4f85576a.jpg
384098338_DR2GlitchLeaderboard.thumb.jpg.d0c03044cedb77d91af47a0a8bb456eb.jpg

From what I can gather, The issue is the game takes the overall results after the previous (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th) stage and uses them as the final results for the rally and awards points for each driver's position in the standings. Once that is done, The game then randomizes the final results for the rally after the last stage (Post self-inflicted retirement) and awards points (Again) to the final points scorers.

E.G:
J.Thomas is first after Stage 5 and Stage 6. 30 + 30 = 60 Points to J.Thomas
K.Wójcik is tenth after Stage 5 and ninth after Stage 6. 8 + 10 = 18 Points to K.Wójcik

Another indicator to this glitch is the "Results" column in the screenshot above. The "Results" column refers to the actual place finish for each driver. (Has been tested below)

1179961374_DiRTRally2_0_20190814222547.thumb.jpg.86c1be01801a3c54de58542bbd1141b7.jpg1333229139_DiRTRally2_0_20190814222534.thumb.jpg.d1311f3dde4f9ee63e626b13ab1f82e0.jpg

S.Stemnes should be on 135 Points, not 165.

Edited by Rudolph Shenanigans
Inclusion of additional info

Posted (edited)

Further info on the crash issue reported by someone else earlier in the thread.

No issues or changes to system until 1.7 patch, now the game will crash in varying ways if i have Chrome open. 

1) When service areas load

2) When game starts just after first splash screen (results in main .exe crash + report sending)

3) When game starts just before first splash screen.

The crash is a CTD, normally without an error.

Platform Steam

Intel chip

AMD graphics.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX

I noticed stuttering in VR in specific situation. It appears only when rains (the same place without rain doesn't stutter). What is interesting, the stutter is accompanied by water flood over windscreen to extent the road is almost invisible. It looks like 4 times more water drops than normally. Obviously I don't know if drops causes stutter or stutter cause some issues with drops animation. But the relationship is here.

Please also provide the following:

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).
  • PC - STEAM, VALVE INDEX
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).
  • INTEL I9 9900K; NVIDIA 2080TI FE, 32GB RAM, WIN 10
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).
  • DELUXE
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • FANATEC CSL, ELITE, FANATEC SHIFTER, FANATEC HANDBRAKE, FANATEC CLUBSPORT PEDALS, CORSAIR WIRELESS KEYBOARD K83 (BLUETOOTH MODE)

Unable to rename saved tuning setups in VR - no way to invoke keyboard control. This works fine in 2D.

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: as shown in video, speedometer of Ford RS200 Rallycross, inside the cockpit, doesn't work!

fanatec handbrake blocked by default.
it would be nice to make the handbraketrigger adjustable in dr2.

since first DR2 version i have to start a stage, and then:
hold handbrake
replug cable
hold handbrake
race

Daily community events at Estering (ie time trials) are only 4 laps instead of 6.

20190816123128_1.thumb.jpg.e5d992f6b8701b7bdcc01d71e7a2c94b.jpg

Daily community events at Estering (ie time trials) are only 4 laps instead of 6.

20190816123128_1.thumb.jpg.e5d992f6b8701b7bdcc01d71e7a2c94b.jpg

• Agree 1

PC, steam, i5, 1070 videocard, dfgt, vr

Now already 3 bugs

- the co has nothing in his hands

- the mirrors are black 

- the driver is not the one I selected

Car gets damaged by transport... or with different livery apply... i dont know 🤣

PS4 Pro / Deluxe / nothing extras connected, just tv and standard PS4 controller.

There were yesterday two RX Supercar dailies. One at Estering and one and Holjes.
- I started with the Holjës one. I had no damage. (I used that D+ Season 2 livery with german stripes)
- Than I went to the Estering and my Audi S1 (and choose the Snap-On black/orange livery). But suprisingly the car had full frontal body damage. Or something happened with the livery apply by my crappy crew... or something happened in the transport to the Estering... or my crappy crew used an older body panels...

As you can see, I can't repair the vehicle (there is no "!" in front of the "Repair Vehicle" option).

image.thumb.jpeg.ee4bc145dd4def2cfc3514bf8c5c1810.jpeg

Just look at this guys face, even he is devastated from it

image.png.922cd478d5ac5ebde7f38490619269ec.png

To have a fresh car in the event, i damaged it a little bit in a practice round, so it could be fixed and I could make some nice screenshot. 

Posted (edited)

hi, 

In Freeplay mode - Argentina, the first stage it selects -  I hear the co driver say "ok come to a stop" or whatever he says, Screen fades to black - the sound gets stuck, looping over and over from the point when screen goes black - and game is totally frozen. 

It happens constantly on this stage - i just tried a random australia stage - game finished fine and went back to the 2D screen on completing the stage. 

I have to ctrl + alt + delete and end task from task manager. 

Steam VR says "Oh no! SteamVR has encountered an unexpected problem" with code (-203)

I've tried it with other stages, same result. 

My system:

Valve index, GTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, 16gb ram. Frame rates and everything are fine. Gameplay is great. 

Input Devices being used: OSW for steering/ffb. 

Fanatec clubsport wheel via USB for buttons/paddle shift. 

Fanatec shifter for handbrake.

Fanatec clubsport pedals. 

Please help, why can't i complete a stage, the game plays and drives fantastic! 😩

Edited by sloppyinspace

50 minutes ago, VertuVertu said:

On all rallycross cars and stages. When you change gear in dashboard view in turn driver is moving hand from gear to wheel back to gear back to wheel non stop super fast. It ruins the game for me. Pls fix this it was reported in 1.1..

PC/Steam/Xbox One controller/ Manual gears

It's the same bug in rally car... if you change gear when full lock left your hand is going crazy, Uinstalled the game, will check in 1.8

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Not a bug per se.
Could DR2 VR disable chaperone? Chaperone is needed only for room scale titles. DR2, as sited one doesn't need it.
Some people (like me) have racing rig located in a way which makes collision bounds to be visible permanently. Since VR application can disable it on its own, it would be nice if DR2 could do that too.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, BlackCatMatt said:

Tried to upload a video but the file is too big. Here are two screenshots. Notice the car in front of the pack? This is a semi-final. After it goes to the in car view... the other car morphs into mine and causes critical damage.

any solutions? 

1CB09E97-2BA1-4B7F-958D-A5DCB7E75AF0.jpeg

Has this bug been acknowledged by the devs yet? I think it has ruined every single full RX event we've done with AI in the mix.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:07 PM, bn880 said:

Just some bad or late calls in Bjorklangen, this is on earliest settings

0:45 Late call for 3 left

1:17 WRONG call for keep middle over jump, should be keep right.

1:28 3 Left call is a bit late but is inconsistent with other 3's prior to it which are much faster, so should be called as 2 left.

re-reporting it here from Discord so it's not missed if notes are revisited.

Good work. There are poor calls like this on the majority of stages- almost too many to report individually. Spain is notoriously inconsistent and generally lacking in detail e.g. "keep out" or "don't cut" absent for majority of corners with rail barriers inside. Poland also seems more prone. Maybe it's exaggerated on both these tracks due to being higher speed tracks. I have the calls on earliest and sometimes you are already turning in before getting detail e.g. "tightens".... By then already overcommitted. Hopefully we can chip away at it and see it progressively improve.

There is a major issue in Rallycross that I was wondering if you can address. While racing, it is impossible to hear what the spotter is saying, even if you turn up the speech volume to 100. I'm sure this will be a simple fix by simply raising the volume, and I would really appreciate if it could be done, because i'm sure he must be saying some pretty important stuff during the race!

PS4, Deluxe edition, G29 wheel. 

Edited by A-M-A-R-85
  • Like 1

In some stages, particularly New Zealand, there are black and white frames at random points of the stage. just 1 frame at a time so it is like a quick flicker. 

PS4, Deluxe edition, G29 wheel

Today's daily at Monte Carlo (snowing).
The team seems not to have it cold with just a polo or shirt.

image.thumb.jpeg.91d6b165894952db3828144a77ada88f.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Has it been officially reported that in Estering the Joker lap sometimes will not count? (assuming it is caused if you run it too wide on exit)

If you drive across the entire width of the joker in the right way while apexing, you can trigger it to give you the "going the wrong way" warning. I don't know if this directly can cause the joker lap to not count sometimes, but it is my guess. Someone in our usual nightly MP RX lobbies was having it happen to them almost every single race - but I don't think he ever had it trigger twice in one race. I was forced to call out to him if his joker counted because he ran without UI so there was no indicator and his pit crew never mentioned it to him.

I heard this a couple of times. So far every joker lap counted for me at the Estering, but I had once (maybe the first ever time) I had the "going the wrong way" warning. So probably it is something what they need to look into. 

In custom event championships, when proceeding between events, my game freezes and requires me to restart the game. In addition to this, when continuing between stages, it shows an unskippable replay of the stage I just completed and again I have to restart the game. Starting to get very frustrating after every stage and event 🥴