DiRT Rally 2.0: Version 1.7 Bug-Reporting Thread

Bug of engine idle audio not playing, engine audio under physics load pulling up to the line.

load any stage, chance of getting engine audio playing under load instead of idle is about 85% - normally resumes correctly when the handbrake is pulled, sometimes doesn't.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There is no BOV sound on practically any vehicles if you are using pedals to drive around.   I am told the sound is there on some hand held controllers though.   Really sad as it sounds like a relatively easy fix and all the effects are on standby.

Edit: You can hear the BOV sound though using a keyboard.

Steam/Windows10/Fanatec V3 pedals.

Here is a video from @caerphoto showing an example 

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

On all rallycross cars and stages. When you change gear in dashboard view in turn driver is moving hand from gear to wheel back to gear back to wheel non stop super fast. It ruins the game for me. Pls fix this it was reported in 1.1..

PC/Steam/Xbox One controller/ Manual gears

Edited by VertuVertu

50 minutes ago, VertuVertu said:

On all rallycross cars and stages. When you change gear in dashboard view in turn driver is moving hand from gear to wheel back to gear back to wheel non stop super fast. It ruins the game for me. Pls fix this it was reported in 1.1..

PC/Steam/Xbox One controller/ Manual gears

It's the same bug in rally car... if you change gear when full lock left your hand is going crazy, Uinstalled the game, will check in 1.8

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Not a bug per se.
Could DR2 VR disable chaperone? Chaperone is needed only for room scale titles. DR2, as sited one doesn't need it.
Some people (like me) have racing rig located in a way which makes collision bounds to be visible permanently. Since VR application can disable it on its own, it would be nice if DR2 could do that too.

Not sure if it's a bug but both the Evo X and the Evo VI use sequential shifting when using "manual + sequential with clutch" in transmission options. Both were manual in D4 and so was the Evo X in DR 

Today, after a long time, game crashed for me again.

Of course it has to be during monthly, how else... +30 mins added to my time, went down from ~15% do 50. Honestly I have no mood to finish the whole monthly despite just a few stages left. This sucks soooo much for me.

Just some bad or late calls in Bjorklangen, this is on earliest settings

0:45 Late call for 3 left

1:17 WRONG call for keep middle over jump, should be keep right.

1:28 3 Left call is a bit late but is inconsistent with other 3's prior to it which are much faster, so should be called as 2 left.

re-reporting it here from Discord so it's not missed if notes are revisited.

Hand animation stuck when changing gears nd turning in dahsboard view
When you change gear in turn in dashboard view driver is moving hand from gear to wheel back to gear back to wheel non stop super fast. I'm on PC/Steam/Xbox One controller/ Manual gears

You can reacreate this everytime by turning full lock left and changing gear. Your driver hand is going crazy.

More acid rain. My team, Weekly rally in New England (USA), H1, driving the Citroën DS21. I’m using a PS4 Pro.

643B1F23-DC2B-499C-9F0C-0573A7FEBFB4.jpeg

I don't know if anyone mentioned it before. 

In clubs after 1 special stage the settings car are restored to the base version. We are playing championships and it is annoying.

That's not all - even though we're taking two spare wheels, the game doesn't see them on the second and thres episode in the loop.

All the fun is becoming lottery - please fix it

Posted (edited)

Regression: Fanatec wheels keep showing the RPM/Shift LED's in reverse since 1.4 or 1.5.  NOT a Firmware issue. This happens without updating your Fanatec FW< and also apps like Fanaleds still work with the wheel correctly.

Edit: I just noticed another user reported this for CSL Elite, it also has some upvotes it seems.

Edited by bn880

On 8/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, BlackCatMatt said:

Tried to upload a video but the file is too big. Here are two screenshots. Notice the car in front of the pack? This is a semi-final. After it goes to the in car view... the other car morphs into mine and causes critical damage.

any solutions? 

1CB09E97-2BA1-4B7F-958D-A5DCB7E75AF0.jpeg

Has this bug been acknowledged by the devs yet? I think it has ruined every single full RX event we've done with AI in the mix.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:07 PM, bn880 said:

Just some bad or late calls in Bjorklangen, this is on earliest settings

0:45 Late call for 3 left

1:17 WRONG call for keep middle over jump, should be keep right.

1:28 3 Left call is a bit late but is inconsistent with other 3's prior to it which are much faster, so should be called as 2 left.

re-reporting it here from Discord so it's not missed if notes are revisited.

Good work. There are poor calls like this on the majority of stages- almost too many to report individually. Spain is notoriously inconsistent and generally lacking in detail e.g. "keep out" or "don't cut" absent for majority of corners with rail barriers inside. Poland also seems more prone. Maybe it's exaggerated on both these tracks due to being higher speed tracks. I have the calls on earliest and sometimes you are already turning in before getting detail e.g. "tightens".... By then already overcommitted. Hopefully we can chip away at it and see it progressively improve.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:45 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

1. How likely is it, that someone from the team is looking into smaller issues on the stages, wich are not really critical to run the game, just look bad?

2. Do I really have to post every single issue seperately, because I have many small similar ones, but nothing critical.

3. https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/40210-dirt-rally-20-version-16-bug-reporting-thread/?page=5 On these 3 vids posted by myself, can you see what I meant, when viewing it in 1080p in full screen-mode? I can't, because for some reason the vid stutters heavily for me, but in smaller resolutions you can't see it anymore.

1. Team looks at the small issues as well as the big ones. Sometimes a small issue can be a real simple fix, many of these happen with every update but aren't documented in the patch notes (Production tell me that literally hundreds of things get changed with every update).

2. Yes. Our current tracking workflow functions best when we have a unique URL for every issue. Makes reference (and occasional quoting a user for more input) much easier than plucking item #22 off of @Riggs' giant list 😉

3. I can see it but it took me freeze-framing the video and playing over and over to get it. I know the sensation you're on about there though, where 2 texture patterns line up a tiny gap may appear, exposing the skybox underneath. I imagine if the bottom half of the skybox was totally black you wouldn't even notice. I'd chalk this up as one of those real small things that may get changed in the hundreds of updates mentioned in [1], but since you're pretty much the only person that's raised the issue it's not as high a priority as several people talking about VR or game crashes 🙂 
  • Thanks 1

@PJTierney would it be possible for you or someone on the team to react to any bugs posted in the bug thread that have been noted and passed on? 

Maybe reacting 'thanks' or something just so we know which bugs have been passed on and are possibly being worked on 

I feel it would help community feeling to know which things are in motion and also prevent possible multiple posting of the same bugs cluttering up the thread 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

@PJTierney would it be possible for you or someone on the team to react to any bugs posted in the bug thread that have been noted and passed on? 

Maybe reacting 'thanks' or something just so we know which bugs have been passed on and are possibly being worked on 

I feel it would help community feeling to know which things are in motion and also prevent possible multiple posting of the same bugs cluttering up the thread 

Good idea.

Admittedly I haven't been active much these past few days. Was off for a few days and been rather busy with non-forum activities to even visit until now.

I'll see what we can do. We're evolving this process over time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Good idea.

Admittedly I haven't been active much these past few days. Was off for a few days and been rather busy with non-forum activities to even visit until now.

I'll see what we can do. We're evolving this process over time.

I wasn't having a go or anything, I think you're doing excellent work 🙂

Just an idea that occurred to me 😄

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There is a major issue in Rallycross that I was wondering if you can address. While racing, it is impossible to hear what the spotter is saying, even if you turn up the speech volume to 100. I'm sure this will be a simple fix by simply raising the volume, and I would really appreciate if it could be done, because i'm sure he must be saying some pretty important stuff during the race!

PS4, Deluxe edition, G29 wheel. 

Edited by A-M-A-R-85
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

In some stages, particularly New Zealand, there are black and white frames at random points of the stage. just 1 frame at a time so it is like a quick flicker. 

PS4, Deluxe edition, G29 wheel

Is there any news about the unexpected moments? It was there in 1.1 but gone since then.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PJTierney said:
  1. I can see it but it took me freeze-framing the video and playing over and over to get it. I know the sensation you're on about there though, where 2 texture patterns line up a tiny gap may appear, exposing the skybox underneath. I imagine if the bottom half of the skybox was totally black you wouldn't even notice. I'd chalk this up as one of those real small things that may get changed in the hundreds of updates mentioned in [1], but since you're pretty much the only person that's raised the issue it's not as high a priority as several people talking about VR or game crashes 🙂 

Thank you, I appreciate that you took the time to look at it.

I have to say, it's really not a big thing. Just because Forza Motorsport 7 had it pretty much on every corner of the game, I am somewhat sensitive about those things. It totally kills the immersion. But only in that moment. And it is really only that one thing on ALL stages of ALL rallies wich is quite impressive. For someone like me, who is really "scanning" the game after those things (I don't know why, but it is how it is, I guess 😄 ), it is good to see, that this game is pretty "clean" of issues like that.

My naive idea would have been to put just a brown/black texture underneath it, so it blocks the shiny skybox.

It's really only visible, when it's dry and from Sweet Lamb direction.

This and the car stats bug, where monthlys (community- and AI-challenges) only count 1 event as ended, no matter how many events were started and ended in that event annoy me somehow. It shows incorrect stats that way.

I will do proper posts in the bug-reporting-thread after gamescom. Too busy watching my livestream at the moment 😄

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

Today's daily at Monte Carlo (snowing).
The team seems not to have it cold with just a polo or shirt.

image.thumb.jpeg.91d6b165894952db3828144a77ada88f.jpeg

Has it been officially reported that in Estering the Joker lap sometimes will not count? (assuming it is caused if you run it too wide on exit)

If you drive across the entire width of the joker in the right way while apexing, you can trigger it to give you the "going the wrong way" warning. I don't know if this directly can cause the joker lap to not count sometimes, but it is my guess. Someone in our usual nightly MP RX lobbies was having it happen to them almost every single race - but I don't think he ever had it trigger twice in one race. I was forced to call out to him if his joker counted because he ran without UI so there was no indicator and his pit crew never mentioned it to him.