DiRT Rally 2.0: Version 1.7 Bug-Reporting Thread

Xbox One

- Random cosmetic damage frequently appears between stages in career mode events despite driving a completely clean stage.

Xbox One

- Game often freezes when progressing between events in Custom Championships. (Only occurred since update 1.7)

Xbox One

- Vehicle panels randomly positioned/missing at the start of a stage/race

f11968c.thumb.jpg.4e1add18d3d7efe794d485e8517b94f5.jpg

• Haha 1

Xbox One

- On tarmac rallies, while accelerating from the start, the tyre squeal sound often lasts several seconds longer than it should. (Germany/Spain)

6 minutes ago, ebarbs27 said:

Xbox One

- On tarmac rallies, while accelerating from the start, the tyre squeal sound often lasts several seconds longer than it should. (Germany/Spain)

Same thing happening on PC steam. Deluxe edition.

11 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Is there any news about the unexpected moments? It was there in 1.1 but gone since then.

I still had it yesterday. A deer crossing the road in Germany, a crashed R5 Citroen in Wales, a jump start from a GroupB RX Lancia at the Estering. I think it happened in both Custom events as in My Team AI events.

i know it not happens in Time Trail. Bit i am not sure if these unexpected moments also happen in special/community events.

8 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Has it been officially reported that in Estering the Joker lap sometimes will not count? (assuming it is caused if you run it too wide on exit)

If you drive across the entire width of the joker in the right way while apexing, you can trigger it to give you the "going the wrong way" warning. I don't know if this directly can cause the joker lap to not count sometimes, but it is my guess. Someone in our usual nightly MP RX lobbies was having it happen to them almost every single race - but I don't think he ever had it trigger twice in one race. I was forced to call out to him if his joker counted because he ran without UI so there was no indicator and his pit crew never mentioned it to him.

I heard this a couple of times. So far every joker lap counted for me at the Estering, but I had once (maybe the first ever time) I had the "going the wrong way" warning. So probably it is something what they need to look into. 

Lost the Co-Drivers voice, but engine noise surface noise is still present albeit quieter.

This is just since 1.7, before that it was fine.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, PJTierney said:

I can see it but it took me freeze-framing the video and playing over and over to get it. I know the sensation you're on about there though, where 2 texture patterns line up a tiny gap may appear, exposing the skybox underneath. I imagine if the bottom half of the skybox was totally black you wouldn't even notice. I'd chalk this up as one of those real small things that may get changed in the hundreds of updates mentioned in [1], but since you're pretty much the only person that's raised the issue it's not as high a priority as several people talking about VR or game crashes 🙂 

such gaps don't come from not lined up textures but from gaps between 3d surfaces. Then, depending on game mechanics, it might cause serious problem causing unexpected car behavior if the car touch such gap.

• Agree 1

Hi everyone. I kinda have multiple bugs 2 list. I have contacted codemasters through messenger and email hut no reply.

1st. The ai is crazy fast like I cant beat them on masters and I am nearly setting wr times. (Have pics for proof) theybhave beat me with times better than wr

2nd I cant pick soft tyres, I choose them then go back 2 service i have mediums on but performance during stage is like using hards

3rd i dont think the engine upgrades make any change 2 car performance. It says it does but I have seen no difference. 

Any help would be appreciated. I play on playstation 4 pro 

I bought my game from psn. Would deleting and reinstalling software help with any of these?

1 hour ago, SEAMYMC said:

Hi everyone. I kinda have multiple bugs 2 list. I have contacted codemasters through messenger and email hut no reply.

1st. The ai is crazy fast like I cant beat them on masters and I am nearly setting wr times. (Have pics for proof) theybhave beat me with times better than wr

2nd I cant pick soft tyres, I choose them then go back 2 service i have mediums on but performance during stage is like using hards

3rd i dont think the engine upgrades make any change 2 car performance. It says it does but I have seen no difference. 

Any help would be appreciated. I play on playstation 4 pro 

I bought my game from psn. Would deleting and reinstalling software help with any of these?

Probably codemasters don't answer because you can find these problems mentioned over and over on this forum. Maybe it is time to spend some hours on research yourself ?

Hi Jane,

I was doing research, everything brought me back 2 forums. I decided I would leave my issues as well so that in the off chance these forums r monitored they would see that it is a lot of different peoples issues on different systems. Thanks for bringing this 2 my attention anyway. 👍

• Like 1

I got the «Mr Rallycross» trophy. I created a custom championship with three RX events. After the second win, the trophy popped. 😮

I think the reason was that I did a daily challenge in My Team just before I started the custom championship. Obviously completing a 4-rounder in My Team counts as a victory towards this trophy!? In that case, I would call this a bug.

Another thing: I created a custom championship with just RX events, and it seems that the game freezes between every event just after the podium and the championship points. I’m on PS4 Pro. Anyone else noticed?

@PJTierney

How much time I need to re-report offroad framedrops?

Nothing change from pre-release, game still unplayable. You have 9 bugreports (pre-release, release, .1-.7) take anyone - they same.

1 hour ago, Awasaky said:

@PJTierney

How much time I need to re-report offroad framedrops?

Nothing change from pre-release, game still unplayable. You have 9 bugreports (pre-release, release, .1-.7) take anyone - they same.

We discussed it already internally.

Have you tried the stuttering FAQ we wrote up recently? It was written with this off-track issue in mind.

Posted (edited)

After I finish an event in an offline custom championship, my game freezes/hangs when I press to continue to the next one. 

In addition to this, when pressing continue after stages, it shows a replay of the stage I just completed on an endless cycle and I have to restart the game. Starting to get very frustrating after every stage and event 🥴

(Xbox One) - This only happens in offline custom championships/events

Edited by ebarbs27
  • Confused 1

Something's wrong with dust smoke in replays - if you go forward and backwards looking for best shot sometimes it's not present and sometimes it's more of it than should be. Could be useful for screenshots so actually not a big deal, but decided to post it anyway.

I'm wondering why you decided to lights blinking when car is just a bit damaged. I'm not talking about crashing, but they turn off and on when for example engine is a bit worn. Not realistic for me and I don't get the idea.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pioy said:

I'm wondering why you decided to lights blinking when car is just a bit damaged. I'm not talking about crashing, but they turn off and on when for example engine is a bit worn. Not realistic for me and I don't get the idea.

The lights that turn on and off are part of the "unexpected moments". You can interpret it as a fault in the electrical system of the car..

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

After I finish an event in an offline custom championship, my game freezes/hangs when I press to continue to the next one. 

In addition to this, when pressing continue after stages, it shows a replay of the stage I just completed on an endless cycle and I have to restart the game. Starting to get very frustrating after every stage and event 🥴

(Xbox One) - This only happens in offline custom championships/events

As you can see, after I press continue, the game just doesn't do anything...

Is this my punishment for using an Evo when I prefer a Scooby? 😩

Edited by ebarbs27
  • Agree 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:31 PM, Janneman60 said:

PC, steam, i5, 1070 videocard, dfgt, vr

Now already 3 bugs

- the co has nothing in his hands

- the mirrors are black 

- the driver is not the one I selected

The first 2 problems are solved after I set shader details to high.

Still miss a decent guide...

On 8/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, BlackCatMatt said:

Tried to upload a video but the file is too big. Here are two screenshots. Notice the car in front of the pack? This is a semi-final. After it goes to the in car view... the other car morphs into mine and causes critical damage.

any solutions? 

1CB09E97-2BA1-4B7F-958D-A5DCB7E75AF0.jpeg

604742F0-6AEA-497E-9492-E3FD73CB0D74.jpeg

This is a bug caused by too many cars spawning on the grid, and is set to be resolved in Version 1.8.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, left rear tyre not on rim. Screenshots here, here and here.

---

Steam, Deluxe

CPU: i5-8600K
GPU: 1070 Ti

Thrustmaster T300RS GT steering wheel/pedals setup
Xbox 360 gamepad

missing rim.png

Edited by chukonu
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, left rear tyre not on rim. Screenshots here, here and here.

---

Steam, Deluxe

CPU: i5-8600K
GPU: 1070 Ti

Thrustmaster T300RS GT steering wheel/pedals setup
Xbox 360 gamepad

missing rim.png

Already fixed in Version 1.8

• Like 1