DiRT Rally 2.0: Report Bugs Here

Not sure if it's a bug but both the Evo X and the Evo VI use sequential shifting when using "manual + sequential with clutch" in transmission options. Both were manual in D4 and so was the Evo X in DR 

Today, after a long time, game crashed for me again.

Of course it has to be during monthly, how else... +30 mins added to my time, went down from ~15% do 50. Honestly I have no mood to finish the whole monthly despite just a few stages left. This sucks soooo much for me.

Hand animation stuck when changing gears nd turning in dahsboard view
When you change gear in turn in dashboard view driver is moving hand from gear to wheel back to gear back to wheel non stop super fast. I'm on PC/Steam/Xbox One controller/ Manual gears

You can reacreate this everytime by turning full lock left and changing gear. Your driver hand is going crazy.

More acid rain. My team, Weekly rally in New England (USA), H1, driving the Citroën DS21. I’m using a PS4 Pro.

643B1F23-DC2B-499C-9F0C-0573A7FEBFB4.jpeg

I don't know if anyone mentioned it before. 

In clubs after 1 special stage the settings car are restored to the base version. We are playing championships and it is annoying.

That's not all - even though we're taking two spare wheels, the game doesn't see them on the second and thres episode in the loop.

All the fun is becoming lottery - please fix it

On 8/14/2019 at 7:45 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

1. How likely is it, that someone from the team is looking into smaller issues on the stages, wich are not really critical to run the game, just look bad?

2. Do I really have to post every single issue seperately, because I have many small similar ones, but nothing critical.

3. https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/40210-dirt-rally-20-version-16-bug-reporting-thread/?page=5 On these 3 vids posted by myself, can you see what I meant, when viewing it in 1080p in full screen-mode? I can't, because for some reason the vid stutters heavily for me, but in smaller resolutions you can't see it anymore.

1. Team looks at the small issues as well as the big ones. Sometimes a small issue can be a real simple fix, many of these happen with every update but aren't documented in the patch notes (Production tell me that literally hundreds of things get changed with every update).

2. Yes. Our current tracking workflow functions best when we have a unique URL for every issue. Makes reference (and occasional quoting a user for more input) much easier than plucking item #22 off of @Riggs' giant list 😉

3. I can see it but it took me freeze-framing the video and playing over and over to get it. I know the sensation you're on about there though, where 2 texture patterns line up a tiny gap may appear, exposing the skybox underneath. I imagine if the bottom half of the skybox was totally black you wouldn't even notice. I'd chalk this up as one of those real small things that may get changed in the hundreds of updates mentioned in [1], but since you're pretty much the only person that's raised the issue it's not as high a priority as several people talking about VR or game crashes 🙂 
  • Thanks 1

@PJTierney would it be possible for you or someone on the team to react to any bugs posted in the bug thread that have been noted and passed on? 

Maybe reacting 'thanks' or something just so we know which bugs have been passed on and are possibly being worked on 

I feel it would help community feeling to know which things are in motion and also prevent possible multiple posting of the same bugs cluttering up the thread 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

@PJTierney would it be possible for you or someone on the team to react to any bugs posted in the bug thread that have been noted and passed on? 

Maybe reacting 'thanks' or something just so we know which bugs have been passed on and are possibly being worked on 

I feel it would help community feeling to know which things are in motion and also prevent possible multiple posting of the same bugs cluttering up the thread 

Good idea.

Admittedly I haven't been active much these past few days. Was off for a few days and been rather busy with non-forum activities to even visit until now.

I'll see what we can do. We're evolving this process over time.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Good idea.

Admittedly I haven't been active much these past few days. Was off for a few days and been rather busy with non-forum activities to even visit until now.

I'll see what we can do. We're evolving this process over time.

I wasn't having a go or anything, I think you're doing excellent work 🙂

Just an idea that occurred to me 😄

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:
  1. I can see it but it took me freeze-framing the video and playing over and over to get it. I know the sensation you're on about there though, where 2 texture patterns line up a tiny gap may appear, exposing the skybox underneath. I imagine if the bottom half of the skybox was totally black you wouldn't even notice. I'd chalk this up as one of those real small things that may get changed in the hundreds of updates mentioned in [1], but since you're pretty much the only person that's raised the issue it's not as high a priority as several people talking about VR or game crashes 🙂 

Thank you, I appreciate that you took the time to look at it.

I have to say, it's really not a big thing. Just because Forza Motorsport 7 had it pretty much on every corner of the game, I am somewhat sensitive about those things. It totally kills the immersion. But only in that moment. And it is really only that one thing on ALL stages of ALL rallies wich is quite impressive. For someone like me, who is really "scanning" the game after those things (I don't know why, but it is how it is, I guess 😄 ), it is good to see, that this game is pretty "clean" of issues like that.

My naive idea would have been to put just a brown/black texture underneath it, so it blocks the shiny skybox.

It's really only visible, when it's dry and from Sweet Lamb direction.

This and the car stats bug, where monthlys (community- and AI-challenges) only count 1 event as ended, no matter how many events were started and ended in that event annoy me somehow. It shows incorrect stats that way.

I will do proper posts in the bug-reporting-thread after gamescom. Too busy watching my livestream at the moment 😄

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

11 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Is there any news about the unexpected moments? It was there in 1.1 but gone since then.

I still had it yesterday. A deer crossing the road in Germany, a crashed R5 Citroen in Wales, a jump start from a GroupB RX Lancia at the Estering. I think it happened in both Custom events as in My Team AI events.

i know it not happens in Time Trail. Bit i am not sure if these unexpected moments also happen in special/community events.

Lost the Co-Drivers voice, but engine noise surface noise is still present albeit quieter.

This is just since 1.7, before that it was fine.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, PJTierney said:

I can see it but it took me freeze-framing the video and playing over and over to get it. I know the sensation you're on about there though, where 2 texture patterns line up a tiny gap may appear, exposing the skybox underneath. I imagine if the bottom half of the skybox was totally black you wouldn't even notice. I'd chalk this up as one of those real small things that may get changed in the hundreds of updates mentioned in [1], but since you're pretty much the only person that's raised the issue it's not as high a priority as several people talking about VR or game crashes 🙂 

such gaps don't come from not lined up textures but from gaps between 3d surfaces. Then, depending on game mechanics, it might cause serious problem causing unexpected car behavior if the car touch such gap.

• Agree 1

Hi everyone. I kinda have multiple bugs 2 list. I have contacted codemasters through messenger and email hut no reply.

1st. The ai is crazy fast like I cant beat them on masters and I am nearly setting wr times. (Have pics for proof) theybhave beat me with times better than wr

2nd I cant pick soft tyres, I choose them then go back 2 service i have mediums on but performance during stage is like using hards

3rd i dont think the engine upgrades make any change 2 car performance. It says it does but I have seen no difference. 

Any help would be appreciated. I play on playstation 4 pro 

I bought my game from psn. Would deleting and reinstalling software help with any of these?

1 hour ago, SEAMYMC said:

Hi everyone. I kinda have multiple bugs 2 list. I have contacted codemasters through messenger and email hut no reply.

1st. The ai is crazy fast like I cant beat them on masters and I am nearly setting wr times. (Have pics for proof) theybhave beat me with times better than wr

2nd I cant pick soft tyres, I choose them then go back 2 service i have mediums on but performance during stage is like using hards

3rd i dont think the engine upgrades make any change 2 car performance. It says it does but I have seen no difference. 

Any help would be appreciated. I play on playstation 4 pro 

I bought my game from psn. Would deleting and reinstalling software help with any of these?

Probably codemasters don't answer because you can find these problems mentioned over and over on this forum. Maybe it is time to spend some hours on research yourself ?

Hi Jane,

I was doing research, everything brought me back 2 forums. I decided I would leave my issues as well so that in the off chance these forums r monitored they would see that it is a lot of different peoples issues on different systems. Thanks for bringing this 2 my attention anyway. 👍

• Like 1

I got the «Mr Rallycross» trophy. I created a custom championship with three RX events. After the second win, the trophy popped. 😮

I think the reason was that I did a daily challenge in My Team just before I started the custom championship. Obviously completing a 4-rounder in My Team counts as a victory towards this trophy!? In that case, I would call this a bug.

Another thing: I created a custom championship with just RX events, and it seems that the game freezes between every event just after the podium and the championship points. I’m on PS4 Pro. Anyone else noticed?

@PJTierney

How much time I need to re-report offroad framedrops?

Nothing change from pre-release, game still unplayable. You have 9 bugreports (pre-release, release, .1-.7) take anyone - they same.

1 hour ago, Awasaky said:

@PJTierney

How much time I need to re-report offroad framedrops?

Nothing change from pre-release, game still unplayable. You have 9 bugreports (pre-release, release, .1-.7) take anyone - they same.

We discussed it already internally.

Have you tried the stuttering FAQ we wrote up recently? It was written with this off-track issue in mind.