Sign in to follow this  

Has hdr brightness changed?

Noticed when I updated to 1.7 that my hdr brightness which was always set at 1.00 had gone down to 0.70 and increasing it back to 1.00 seems to have made the game a bit brighter, I literally played for a few mins so can’t really tell if it is a improvement  but maybe there was some change in 1.7!!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

a couple of people are reporting contrast is increased. I don't know, I can maybe see a little difference? I'm not sure.

as for the brightness, it seems like the VR update reset everyone's graphics options. I'd say going from 0.7 to 1.0 made it seem like the game got brighter because you've only just turned it up, but I'd guess the game itself probably isn't.

Hi there.

I've been told there was an HDR brightness change, one of the many "various improvements" the 1.7 Patch Notes doesn't explicitly state 🙂 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hi there.

I've been told there was an HDR brightness change, one of the many "various improvements" the 1.7 Patch Notes doesn't explicitly state 🙂 

Possibly to test-fix the bright sweden scenario and who knows maybe the sunset problems in NZ/Australia? Need to test those to see if there were any changes in there.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Hi there.

I thought as much but in the future do you think we could get a full list of improvements and changes in the patch notes I really think the fans of the game would appreciate all the finer details in the patch notes even the minor things!!

4 hours ago, Evo8uk said:

I thought as much but in the future do you think we could get a full list of improvements and changes in the patch notes I really think the fans of the game would appreciate all the finer details in the patch notes even the minor things!!

I’ve been asking for more and more notes and they are getting more in-depth, but when hundreds of things get fixed per update (it literally is, even if a lot of them are super minor things like trees not lined up correctly with the ground etc.) I’m sure it’s not easy to feed everything into a single location.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I’ve been asking for more and more notes and they are getting more in-depth, but when hundreds of things get fixed per update (it literally is, even if a lot of them are super minor things like trees not lined up correctly with the ground etc.) I’m sure it’s not easy to feed everything into a single location.

Don't forget to line up the leaves as well :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Evo8uk said:

As the super honest and incredibly likeable Ian Bell once hinted... If you submit a patch with extremely small patch notes then you have a greater chance of passing the Microsoft authentication system because they only test what is on those notes. Hmm, I often wonder how they never got rumbled when submitting 10+ gigabyte patches to (as per notes) fix wonky trackside barriers, minor ingame typos and incorrectly rendered spectator underpants.

"Disclaimer: This in no was suggests Project Cars was broken and needed multiple huge patches to fix. The game was "99.8% perfect" on release, with subsequent updates merely being minor optimisation patches. Ian Bell is a very, very nice person.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

As the super honest and incredibly likeable Ian Bell once hinted... If you submit a patch with extremely small patch notes then you have a greater chance of passing the Microsoft authentication system because they only test what is on those notes. Hmm, I often wonder how they never got rumbled when submitting 10+ gigabyte patches to (as per notes) fix wonky trackside barriers, minor ingame typos and incorrectly rendered spectator underpants.

"Disclaimer: This in no was suggests Project Cars was broken and needed multiple huge patches to fix. The game was "99.8% perfect" on release, with subsequent updates merely being minor optimisation patches. Ian Bell is a very, very nice person.

To be fair, PCars 2 still has the best underpants modeling of any sim to date. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone who's still labouring under HDR in this game on the Xbox... try switching it off! (Go into console settings --> video output).

It's hugely better for me without HDR. My TV set has dynamic contrast which can be dialled in, and seems to simulate HDR effects anyway. But overall, the game is so much clearer and less 'dull' with HDR off.

Edited by Jake Cushing