Sign in to follow this  

Engine Temps

Hi all,

Just moved from 2018 to 2019 and looking for some advice on engine temps. I hear they play a bigger part this year in performance.

At what temp do you start to lose power? How are you managing them? Is everyone fueling a lot lighter due to spending a lot less time in Rich?

I've also found it a pain in the ass having to flick through the MFD to bring the temp up, unlike the tyre temps that are on the wheel (I use cockpit view). Am I missing an easier way to track the engine temp?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gassy222 said:

Hi all,

Just moved from 2018 to 2019 and looking for some advice on engine temps. I hear they play a bigger part this year in performance.

At what temp do you start to lose power? How are you managing them? Is everyone fueling a lot lighter due to spending a lot less time in Rich?

I've also found it a pain in the ass having to flick through the MFD to bring the temp up, unlike the tyre temps that are on the wheel (I use cockpit view). Am I missing an easier way to track the engine temp?

Think about 125 degrees is the temp you loose power at

under fuelling your car is a good strategy, you will be faster, lighter and have lower temps as you will be using a lower fuel mix

using lean mix will cool the engine down quickly 

try not to over rev too

215 degrees, does the game or manual give any hints of this???

if not then that’s major oversight from CM. 

Can anyone from the CM team reply perhaps??

• Agree 1

On 8/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, Gassy222 said:

Hi all,

You can use telemetry applications to view engine temperatures. Check out race dash on iOS or sim dashboard on google play.

• Agree 1

I've found engine temps can get out of control by running Rich too long, or by following closely to another car for too long.  To the point where you won't be able to overtake the car in front even with DRS and overtake ERS.  So you have to plan your move a lot more in advance rather than sitting up someones bum the whole lap.  

I'm not sure if engine temps go up during Quali using the MAX fuel mapping.  I'd assume so.  So I run in Standard and low ERS until it's my hotlap and then pump it all up.