Career mode is now broken!

Posted (edited)

1. The two screenshots linked just show how broken my career mode is. After the new 1.07 update i believe the most recent one, all teams have been upgrading insanely and as you can see Williams have just basically broken the career mode from last at the end of the season too 8 races in fastest car by a long shot. Weber is already Over powered plus with a car looking like 2 seconds ahead of everyone its just constant wins. And just to add to it every weekend ive just about had a failure on a car update and with every team seeming like their bringing a huge update every race has left me bottom of the grid. Not sure if this is just an unfortunate event and down to luck, or something wrong in the code after the new update. (Season 1 was fine, with no insane upgrades for teams so its not a problem pre patch i assume). it really has ruined the game for me as i mostly play career mode and its not a game breaking glitch or bug for most but it just spoils the whole formula 1 vibe to it when you cant compete at a race and have fun and some what have it realistic. All i ask is for a developer to take a look at this, and see if it is a problem or if it will tale off at then end of a season and go back to normal. Love the F1 games but code master you really have to test the game or somehow limit bugs and issues like these, featured across the franchise.

2. Ai per race and qualifying is a mess, im constantly having to change ai each race from 103 to 102 to 100 to 105, its so annoying something that ruined projects cars 2 ai cant be balanced. Example just had a Austria weekend, started with 103 difficulty, 0.200 ahead of teammate in practice, to putting one of the best laps ive ever done around austria having me level with my teammate in qualifying then in the race left in last as ai was too fast. 

3. little bugs, like where is the safety car, haven't seen it once in 2 season and the odd vsc, suzuka turn 1 ai cars flying off. Im all for ai making mistakes as it adds to the game but becomes stupid when its just one corner and every lap a car is going off. 

Sorry for the rant but its just how the game is, its a amazing game but career mode is all wrong. But guess ill have to wait another month for a patch which fixes the safety car which still wont work.

16136005_sc1.thumb.jpeg.f8924e0653520c305c792d47658a7a17.jpeg1234671981_sc2.jpeg.9575559ee0d434604b9661963d7b0bcd.jpeg

Edited by ThePeeks
  • Agree 3

Yes the r and d speed for AI breaks career mode. Stops it being fun and ruins any semblance of realism. 

In season 2 of my career Ferrari started season at the top and are now down to 7th. My red bull team have dropped to 9th. Renault started the season (season 2) as the 5th fastest but are now the fastest after just 8 races.

• Agree 1

So Red Bull, Merc, Ferrari, Alpha, Renault and Racing Point all look to have natural looking R&D in your pic. I'm assuming there were no transfers in these teams and do they have Butler in them? (I'm suspecting not). 

Williams insanity is likely due to either transfers happening with them or the fact that Weber is a driver there. I'm certain they try and keep Weber and Butler competitive vs you in order to keep up the rivalry. But transfers definitely seem to bump R&D for affected teams.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, ThePeeks said:

1. The two screenshots linked just show how broken my career mode is. After the new 1.07 update i believe the most recent one, all teams have been upgrading insanely and as you can see Williams have just basically broken the career mode from last at the end of the season too 8 races in fastest car by a long shot. Weber is already Over powered plus with a car looking like 2 seconds ahead of everyone its just constant wins. And just to add to it every weekend ive just about had a failure on a car update and with every team seeming like their bringing a huge update every race has left me bottom of the grid. Not sure if this is just an unfortunate event and down to luck, or something wrong in the code after the new update. (Season 1 was fine, with no insane upgrades for teams so its not a problem pre patch i assume). it really has ruined the game for me as i mostly play career mode and its not a game breaking glitch or bug for most but it just spoils the whole formula 1 vibe to it when you cant compete at a race and have fun and some what have it realistic. All i ask is for a developer to take a look at this, and see if it is a problem or if it will tale off at then end of a season and go back to normal. Love the F1 games but code master you really have to test the game or somehow limit bugs and issues like these, featured across the franchise.

2. Ai per race and qualifying is a mess, im constantly having to change ai each race from 103 to 102 to 100 to 105, its so annoying something that ruined projects cars 2 ai cant be balanced. Example just had a Austria weekend, started with 103 difficulty, 0.200 ahead of teammate in practice, to putting one of the best laps ive ever done around austria having me level with my teammate in qualifying then in the race left in last as ai was too fast. 

3. little bugs, like where is the safety car, haven't seen it once in 2 season and the odd vsc, suzuka turn 1 ai cars flying off. Im all for ai making mistakes as it adds to the game but becomes stupid when its just one corner and every lap a car is going off. 

Sorry for the rant but its just how the game is, its a amazing game but career mode is all wrong. But guess ill have to wait another month for a patch which fixes the safety car which still wont work.

16136005_sc1.thumb.jpeg.f8924e0653520c305c792d47658a7a17.jpeg1234671981_sc2.jpeg.9575559ee0d434604b9661963d7b0bcd.jpeg

WOW, making Williams great again !

• Haha 1

I like the fact different cars are get bumped. Makes it challenging and keeps it fresh. 

Still issues regarding online AI being a mess to drive against, Co op mode, ps4 performance (fps). 

These come before a Williams getting bumped imo. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, martbloke said:

So Red Bull, Merc, Ferrari, Alpha, Renault and Racing Point all look to have natural looking R&D in your pic. I'm assuming there were no transfers in these teams and do they have Butler in them? (I'm suspecting not). 

Williams insanity is likely due to either transfers happening with them or the fact that Weber is a driver there. I'm certain they try and keep Weber and Butler competitive vs you in order to keep up the rivalry. But transfers definitely seem to bump R&D for affected teams.

Renault, racing point, toro rosso, alfa romeo(me),mclaren all have had driver changes, only one that bugs me out of them is renault massively upgrading. Williams have had no driver change. Butler is still at toro rosso. its just the williams op which has ruined it, ill play a few more races and see if they level off a bit (hopefully).

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

I like the fact different cars are get bumped. Makes it challenging and keeps it fresh. 

Still issues regarding online AI being a mess to drive against, Co op mode, ps4 performance (fps). 

These come before a Williams getting bumped imo. 

Yes. But not from last to first within a season. I’m all for shifting in offseason but not during a season please. Also AI is maxed out after 3 seasons, that’s too short

• Agree 1

Yes its way to fast. Im all for AI shifting places but at the moment you cant complete a season without the top teams moving down the order and being replaced by the mid tier teams. If this happened over say 3-4 seasons then fine but not in one that's ridiculous. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Is this true even when doing all Practice events?

Yes, definitely. I never missed a practice session and I have done all the programs to earn resource points. I slightly upgrade my car while AI got a massive jump on the performance chart.

The only way to keep me going was to transfer to the best team (Red Bull). In only 2 seasons, this car is almost maxed out!

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

Yes, definitely. I never missed a practice session and I have done all the programs to earn resource points. I slightly upgrade my car while AI got a massive jump on the performance chart.

The only way to keep me going was to transfer to the best team (Red Bull). In only 2 seasons, this car is almost maxed out!

Jeeze.

What about difficulty...does increasing or decreasing have any effect on your R&D points etc? 

How many hours and mornings did they have on Devin Butler and Weber rather than focusing on Core things? Who the hell is making decisions over there? lol

If they wanted to do story, here's an ideal..play a career as Senna ir Prost. But No. That would make too much sense.lol

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Agree 1

they should just get rid of those 5000 points given when you transfer to another team. I noticed that the team that had most transfers during the 2 seasons I played so far, are the ones that are highest in the R&D now (almost maxed out). I came to the conclusion that is not a coincidence.  

• Agree 2

How exactly do you get the 5000 points? I switched to Hass after the end of season 1 and got no points. Does it have to be a mid season transfer?

11 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

How exactly do you get the 5000 points? I switched to Hass after the end of season 1 and got no points. Does it have to be a mid season transfer?

I received 5000 points when switching after season 1 was completed. Didn't matter which team I went to.

Posted (edited)

Yeah it was pretty soul crushing to not get those points, especially with the gains the AI made and are continuing to make.

I switched from Alfa to Haas. Maybe if you switch between affiliate teams you don't get anything? (Or in my case it's just a bug that laughs at me.)

Edited by Zachrulez

30 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

Yeah it was pretty soul crushing to not get those points, especially with the gains the AI made and are continuing to make.

I switched from Alfa to Haas. Maybe if you switch between affiliate teams you don't get anything? (Or in my case it's just a bug that laughs at me.)

i switched from STR to RB and still got the points. Insane amount of upgrades that buys for doing nothing beyond switching really. 

I personally have no issues keeping up with the AI you all must be doing something wrong

26 minutes ago, Camza2011 said:

I personally have no issues keeping up with the AI you all must be doing something wrong

Personally I have no real issue with the speed other than maxing out happens too quickly so either the cost of each upgrade needs to go up or the number of upgrades in the tree needs to go up. It’s nice not having the guarantee of being able to just take a low team to the top. However the way the teams spend their points is a joke and the top teams are programmed to not utilise theirs in the same way as the bottom ones in order to ensure the gap is bridged and that happens far too quickly. I’ll also add I’ve only just started Season 2 so my mind might well be changed.

4 minutes ago, ptank20 said:

Personally I have no real issue with the speed other than maxing out happens too quickly so either the cost of each upgrade needs to go up or the number of upgrades in the tree needs to go up. It’s nice not having the guarantee of being able to just take a low team to the top. However the way the teams spend their points is a joke and the top teams are programmed to not utilise theirs in the same way as the bottom ones in order to ensure the gap is bridged and that happens far too quickly. I’ll also add I’ve only just started Season 2 so my mind might well be changed.

I'm 2/3 of the way through season 3 with racing point and what I've noticed is that in season 1 Mercedes barely upgraded and therefore lost the championship and in season 2 ferrari started with the best car and also barely upgraded and subsequently lost the championship and in season 3 Mclaren started as the best car myself and Renault have closed the gap to them as they haven't upgraded as much as we have. It does seem the best car doesn't bother upgrading much and it seems at least in my game that ferrari and Mercedes are still barely upgrading and are now 7th and 9th. 

I personally have an idea that would help the cars not get maxed out even after a reg change and that is to change how the reg changes work in the sense that instead of them costing 50% they should cost 125% or 150% therefore it gives the opportunity to either save your upgrades or wait till the next season and get them for cheaper (when you understand the new rules better) obviously you'll have to wait for them to get installed after buying them and they might fail but I feel this would add a more strategic element to career mode. 

Or they could simply add in a 100% reset between S4-6 

I've read over the comments. I have one question for all though. During R&D, are you making improvements throughout the whole car or just in the areas you think it needs improving?

What I have noticed in my career is that after the 1.07 patch I cannot keep pace on the difficulty I had set.  Here is what I see, I qualify pretty decent top 10.  Then race comes car becomes difficult to drive, brake distance have to be increased.  Car pushes in and out of turns like a dump truck.  This basically allows the back half of the field to catch me and leave me.  Happened to me in Russia with Ferrari, got frustrated contract came up switched to a maxed out Renault team.  In Japan we finished 7th, I said okay not bad.  Got to Mexico and it is like Russia all over again.  Crazy.  F2 season was a blast.  Started doing that for now.

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

I've read over the comments. I have one question for all though. During R&D, are you making improvements throughout the whole car or just in the areas you think it needs improving?

Whole car to keep the performance and handling balanced whilst leaning towards weaker areas

1 hour ago, Camza2011 said:

I personally have an idea that would help the cars not get maxed out even after a reg change and that is to change how the reg changes work in the sense that instead of them costing 50% they should cost 125% or 150% therefore it gives the opportunity to either save your upgrades or wait till the next season and get them for cheaper (when you understand the new rules better) obviously you'll have to wait for them to get installed after buying them and they might fail but I feel this would add a more strategic element to career mode. 

Or they could simply add in a 100% reset between S4-6 

Full reset will defeat the purpose of development so bad idea.

First one could work but people would lean towards just waiting and create a 2016 scenario where you don’t progress between seasons and have to wait until Australia to mass buy upgrades. I like the fact you’re thinking of solutions though it’s good to see instead of just complaining and offering nothing. From what I’m seeing most people want the upgrades to cost more which will slow down the rate of development preventing the max out issue but that still leaves the way in which AI utilise their points to be solved because atm it’s a joke. The slower development will mean it will take longer for the bottom teams to catch the top but if Mercedes do 3 updates during a season with the current speed of updates what’s gonna happen with slower R&D 1 update throughout the season?

Also I ran Mexico at a slightly lower difficulty with the same result as Russia.

Posted (edited)

Thanks @ptank20. I did some searching for other R&D graphs so I can understand them better. From what I'm seeing the graphs only show the progress of the R&D. It doesn't show which team has the fastest or best car. So in realty just because you're higher in development doesn't mean you have the best car.    

Edited by Striker_703
  • Agree 1