Career mode is now broken!

6 hours ago, poulka22 said:

What I have noticed in my career is that after the 1.07 patch I cannot keep pace on the difficulty I had set.  Here is what I see, I qualify pretty decent top 10.  Then race comes car becomes difficult to drive, brake distance have to be increased.  Car pushes in and out of turns like a dump truck.  This basically allows the back half of the field to catch me and leave me.  Happened to me in Russia with Ferrari, got frustrated contract came up switched to a maxed out Renault team.  In Japan we finished 7th, I said okay not bad.  Got to Mexico and it is like Russia all over again.  Crazy.  F2 season was a blast.  Started doing that for now.

Have you set the car up just for qualy? Have you considered setting the car up for a race during practice where a full tank of fuel will affect your car? Just wondering as I know a lot of peeps play/set the car up to drive the fastest possible without considering race implications.

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

a lot of peeps play/set the car up to drive the fastest possible without considering race implications.

Indeed. I think they should make a practice session objective, being 5 laps with fuel for the race to see how the car behaves. I do it every race in practice session but this would be more useful that the ERS program which has no sense.

• Like 1

I don’t mess with setups at all unless it is going to rain in the race (heavy rain) then I go for all downforce setup.  I am going to experiment with a few other things and see can I find a remedy.  Thanks for all the possible insights.

Posted (edited)

Alfa Romeo & Renault spoiling the party.. 

Alfa has climbed 350 performance points on the graph this season.. To put that in perspective; the difference between a base Mercedes and the Williams in season 1 is only 200 points.

20190815_150641.jpg

Edited by Worntoathread

Posted (edited)

I am at season 2 round 14 Italy and Haas is very much in a league of their own, Alfa Romeo a solid 2nd for me too. Not fun that backmarkers turn into dominant powerhouse teams in less than 20 races. Something's a bit off indeed. 

+ Mercedes and Ferrari, the originally best teams don't even improve and they keep falling down the order more and more, unless the player is in one of those teams... It is so frustrating. Would never go like this in real life, not much fun in the game either. In the real life big performance changes do not happen so suddenly, they take time. 

20190815_190206.jpg

Edited by ZTheLightningZ