Sign in to follow this  

Are Patches And Their Content Preempted Before Release?

Does anyone else feel that the patches that come out after release each year, are in fact planned to have content to be added to the game post release (France Pit Entry, Ferrari 90 Year Decal, Car Performance Update, Updated Liveries etc), that way it appears CM are trying to improve the game, but are in fact deliberately leaving these things out at release, to then boast that they are keeping the game updated?

For example the 90 year Ferrari decal, that's been on the car all year in real life, and I doubt they've (Ferrari) have stopped CM up until now from adding it in, as it's promoting a very Important date in the car manufacturer's history. The same could be said for all the car's liveries in reality, and this story about the teams preventing livery updates coming earlier has always appeared stuff and nonsense to me, as their (the teams) sponsors would want their products on display ASAP!

The car performance update should've been there from day one, I mean, this is the official game after all, and should be as accurate as possible from said day, with the cars on an almost similar pace to real life!

As mentioned, to me it seems these things are left out on purpose, to keep us interested in the game, for new things appearing, and also to take the attention away from all the bugs, and inaccuracies the game has............I've done 2 seasons of career now, and still no Safety Car! 😄

Peace out! 😉

• Like 1

No, it’s not on purpose. This game was clearly rushed to launch and released way too early.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, HamsterRacer80 said:

Does anyone else feel that the patches that come out after release each year, are in fact planned to have content to be added to the game post release (France Pit Entry, Ferrari 90 Year Decal, Car Performance Update, Updated Liveries etc), that way it appears CM are trying to improve the game, but are in fact deliberately leaving these things out at release, to then boast that they are keeping the game updated?

For example the 90 year Ferrari decal, that's been on the car all year in real life, and I doubt they've (Ferrari) have stopped CM up until now from adding it in, as it's promoting a very Important date in the car manufacturer's history. The same could be said for all the car's liveries in reality, and this story about the teams preventing livery updates coming earlier has always appeared stuff and nonsense to me, as their (the teams) sponsors would want their products on display ASAP!

The car performance update should've been there from day one, I mean, this is the official game after all, and should be as accurate as possible from said day, with the cars on an almost similar pace to real life!

As mentioned, to me it seems these things are left out on purpose, to keep us interested in the game, for new things appearing, and also to take the attention away from all the bugs, and inaccuracies the game has............I've done 2 seasons of career now, and still no Safety Car! 😄

Peace out! 😉

No because procedural and process means CM have to get legal clearance to use the liveries and that goes via lawyers and they dont rush!

Posted (edited)

Of course they rush! Every year the game is released with new features that dont work properly until the next release. The games are always released broken and buggy and scream lack of testing. You can tell a game has been rushed to launch when there is a patch on the very first day followed by several more patches in the coming weeks. 

Edited by 1henryw
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, 1henryw said:

Of course they rush! Every year the game is released with new features that dont work properly until the next release. The games are always released broken and buggy and scream lack of testing. You can tell a game has been rushed to launch when there is a patch on the very first day followed by several more patches in the coming weeks. 

Yes, but it’s especially clear this year with the cars still having 2018 performance on launch day. It also creates pressure to rush out patches which have arguably created more issues than they’ve solved.

• Agree 1

And with all the little issues the game has, the one I don't understand is the lack of Safety Car....This happens every year, in F1 2016 IIRC it wasn't fixed for months after release, last year it seemed to work ok, more or less from day one, but this year it's not to be seen! It really boggles the mind how this happens each year, bugs that are fixed one year, reappear the next lol! 😄

Posted (edited)

We also know that some years back some peeps from the F1 team offered to change the Vettel's gloves but got turned down or something according to Lee Mather.

Edited by UP100