Sign in to follow this  

Anti-Rake?

Can someone explain why some of the top times use a higher front than rear ride height? That makes absolutely zero sense to me, but quite a few use that setup.

Thank you

Posted (edited)

Oh no! I've seen this issue before in the coding or in the modules. This same issue happened in GT5 and 6 along with a few other titles. Some areas of the code is not working together as they should. @DaleRossi did you notice this today and which track?  

Edited by Striker_703

12 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Oh no! I've seen this issue before in the coding or in the modules. This same issue happened in GT5 and 6 along with a few other titles. Some areas of the code is not working together as they should. @DaleRossi did you notice this today and which track?  

Were you meaning to reply to this thread on this? 

I just mean tuning-wise, usually a balanced or raked car (lower front than rear) is pretty standard. But I'm seeing the opposite in some of the tunes in this game and I dont understand why.  

Yes I meant to replay to this thread, which is why I asked the question. There's a conflict in the coding @DaleRossi. As of now somewhere in the coding or in a module the front is the rear and so on. Which is why I asked 'Did you notice it today and on which track?'

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

Yes I meant to replay to this thread, which is why I asked the question. There's a conflict in the coding @DaleRossi. As of now somewhere in the coding or in a module the front is the rear and so on. Which is why I asked 'Did you notice it today and on which track?'

Damn, now I'm really confused.

I've noticed it randomly on various tracks in TT. So you're saying they tune it with normal take, but it shows up the opposite????

How in the hell do we know which is which? If I tune my car with 3 front and 4 rear, it may actually be the opposite of that? 

Where else have you seen this..any other threads?

Edited by DaleRossi

15 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

This doesn't make sense.

If you lower the front compared to the rear, the car becomes looser as you would expect from a car with excessive rake.

By making the front higher than the rear this makes the car understeer, which indicates the game is actually correct and not back to front as you suggest.

What i have wondered though is that most f1 cars run with a lower front than rear IRL and perhaps a setting 4 at the front and say 3 at the rear is essentually just making the car an equal height front and rear. But it's only a guess.

Posted (edited)

What ever set-up you use is where it's at. The issue is in a module or modules. The module that handles the aerodynamic may be in conflict with the module that handles physics or another module. I've seen this issue in Grand Turismo five and six. You can find info on that on GT Planet. So this happened during update 1.05. I'm not sure but I feel the physic model was updated a little come reflect the cars and tires for 2019. It's just a bug in the coding and it should be fixed soon.  

You're correct @SIMRACER123if it was a GT car, but these are formula cars which are by design to have a higher rack at the rear. By having the front higher than the rear within this bug is to have the air move faster under the car which will make it faster. 

Edited by Striker_703
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

You're correct @SIMRACER123if it was a GT car, but these are formula cars which are by design to have a higher rack at the rear. By having the front higher than the rear within this bug is to have the air move faster under the car which will make it faster. 

This wouldnt make sense as the air would become compressed at a smaller rear end.

Can you provide a link to where your getting this information from.

1 hour ago, SIMRACER123 said:

This doesn't make sense.

If you lower the front compared to the rear, the car becomes looser as you would expect from a car with excessive rake.

By making the front higher than the rear this makes the car understeer, which indicates the game is actually correct and not back to front as you suggest.

What i have wondered though is that most f1 cars run with a lower front than rear IRL and perhaps a setting 4 at the front and say 3 at the rear is essentually just making the car an equal height front and rear. But it's only a guess.

Most, if not all, F1 cars run rake or equal ride heights front and rear. The downforce would be jacked up running the front higher than the rear. 

11 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Most, if not all, F1 cars run rake or equal ride heights front and rear. The downforce would be jacked up running the front higher than the rear. 

Well no because there is only so much air that can fit underneath the car. 

Forcing more air under the front than can actually escape at the same speed at the rear would not make it quicker.

Thats why i asked for a link to fully understand what the bug is.

You can find information of this happening in GT5 and 6 on GT Planet @SIMRACER123just do a search ride height glitch. I've experienced it myself with in those titles.  

Yes. You're correct @DaleRossi. I believe team stop developing the cars with equal height front and rear after the new rule change after Senna's death. I was watching that race. I cried when they said he passed away. I remember my mom picking me up and my dad turning off the tv. DAM LOL! Off topic sorry lol. With the amount of down force car started to make from then on some sort of rack was used. It could be done through the tires or design of the car.       

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

You can find information of this happening in GT5 and 6 on GT Planet @SIMRACER123just do a search ride height glitch. I've experienced it myself with in those titles.  

I'm not talking about other titles.

I am talking about F1 2019.

Do you have the link to the issue regarding F1 2019? 

Posted (edited)

There is no link @SIMRACER123. This is the first thread that was started on the subject. Sorry for the misunderstanding, though you could have done a search. That search box is handy. Go to this thread and follow the link to the website to see some really strange set-ups. There may be a bug in the suspension module as well.  

Edited by Striker_703

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

There is no link @SIMRACER123. This is the first thread that was started on the subject. Sorry for the misunderstanding, though you could have done a search. That search box is handy. 

I've done a quick search earlier but nothing stood out as relating to this game.

I'm not about to spend any further time looking for something you say exists but despite asking twice your unable to supply the information you say you have.

Either you want to help the community or you don't.

Personally it seems at this stage you think a issue you discovered on a completely different game made by a completely different company is exactly the same on this game when its not.

I believe you have got confused somewhere because your the only person I've seen mention this and more to the point the majority of set ups are not as you describe on this game.

** update after your edit to your post including the set up link.

There is no conversation clearly stating that having a higher front end ride height is faster.

More to the point if you click on a couple of tracks the set up is as you would expect. Lower at the front than the rear.

Edited by SIMRACER123

I don't rely on any person set-up for two reasons. #1 The majority (pending on platform) of the set-ups are done in time trails, with the sticks. #2 No one drives a like and I'm on the wheel. So in turn those set-ups wouldn't even work for me. I've explained why in my streams while working on set's or during a race. The issue does exists @SIMRACER123. I've tested it out myself after @DaleRossipointed it out. How about you do some testing and come to your own conclusion. I don't get confused about thing, so don't even go there. This is the first time the conversation even arose. PLUS not all the top runners will be giving away there tips on how to drive the set-up they made. And it's clear you didn't bother to take a look at all the set-ups based on your comments. I'm happy to help the community, but I will not deal with a punk.   

5 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

I don't rely on any person set-up for two reasons. #1 The majority (pending on platform) of the set-ups are done in time trails, with the sticks. #2 No one drives a like and I'm on the wheel. So in turn those set-ups wouldn't even work for me. I've explained why in my streams while working on set's or during a race. The issue does exists @SIMRACER123. I've tested it out myself after @DaleRossipointed it out. How about you do some testing and come to your own conclusion. I don't get confused about thing, so don't even go there. This is the first time the conversation even arose. PLUS not all the top runners will be giving away there tips on how to drive the set-up they made. And it's clear you didn't bother to take a look at all the set-ups based on your comments. I'm happy to help the community, but I will not deal with a punk.   

By all means crack on with your theory but i can assure you any marginal gain you think you are gaining from speed in a straight line you will be losing from understeer in the corners.

It's like me saying run wings of 1 and 1 at Monaco because it's quicker in a straight line totally disregarding the corners.

I've used a slightly higher front end myself a couple of times. Wasn't any faster on a straight. All it gave me was a bit more understeer if i had a set up that was a little too loose and other set up parameters didnt do quite what it was i wanted.

Either way the ride heights are not back to front as suggested.

Oh, no real reason to call people punk.

It's turning into a common theme on here that when people have nothing further to back up their views they then resort to childish name calling when really you just need to grow up and just debate an issue.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Is simRacer really arguing that F1 cars run the front higher than the rear? People run that configuration in drag racing. But this isn't drag racing.

I swear it could be raining and simRacer would swear it is sunny.lol

Thanks, Striker, you answered what I was wondering about

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm good with debating @SIMRACER123 but I'm not dealing with punk or a troll, which you're out to be. Your comments are proving such. It would be good if you've done some research along with doing some testing on issues. I'm happy to bring my thirty plus years of sim-racing, arcade-racing to the community. But as I stated before I will not deal with a punk or a troll for that matter. So if you want to help! Take a step back rethink and move on. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

I'm good with debating @SIMRACER123 but I'm not dealing with punk or a troll, which you're out to be. Your comments are proving such. It would be good if you've done some research along with doing some testing on issues. I'm happy to bring my thirty plus years of sim-racing, arcade-racing to the community. But as I stated before I will not deal with a punk or a troll for that matter. So if you want to help! Take a step back rethink and move on. 

Yep.

20+ years tracking bikes and cars and simracing here, too. 

Thanks for the help. So basically if a tune has it swapped, just adjust it and we should be good?

• Disagree 1

Glad to help @DaleRossi. Yes, adjusting the set to your driving will help. Developing your own set will make you faster though. And stay away from the time trails while working on the set. FYI following the norm of using max camber and a soft car isn't working out very well anyone I've noticed. I just go done with a 50% race with some friends. Some of them had to pit for tires twice whilst I was able to finish the race on one stop. Soft to Mediums while the others went Soft-Mediums-Hard and other Soft-Medium-Medium. AImost forgot, tire pressure. Make sure the tire don't balloon.    

Thanks, man. It's all new to me. The physics and tuning in this game are so far from any "sim" I know of.  Rollbars, rake, diff, tire pressures, all make zero sense from the get go.

9 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Is simRacer really arguing that F1 cars run the front higher than the rear? People run that configuration in drag racing. But this isn't drag racing.

Ok perhaps try again dalerossi...

I will simplify it it for you in summary so you can understand.

Striker claimed it is quicker to run with a higher front end on the game as the setting on the game is back to front. 

I disagreed and pointed out the ride heights in the game are correct as per real life F1 cars so there is no bug.

Do yourself a favour and try reading content properly as it just reduces any credibility you had.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I'm good with debating @SIMRACER123 but I'm not dealing with punk or a troll, which you're out to be. Your comments are proving such. It would be good if you've done some research along with doing some testing on issues. I'm happy to bring my thirty plus years of sim-racing, arcade-racing to the community. 

Your actually providing information to a community that is actually incorrect.

What you are doing is taking bits of information that you "think" work for you and are taking it that your result is conclusive despite very few other people agreeing with your set up findings.

It seems a clear case of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

My suggestion to other posters or viewers coming across this thread would be to treat @Striker_703 comments over ride height set up with caution as you could be leading yourself down a blind alley.

By all means try it people but just make sure you draw your own conclusions.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

You're a troll @SIMRACER123

Not really.

I just highlighted that what your saying doesn't make any sense.

I'm afraid if you can't accept that then that really is your issue. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1