Sign in to follow this  

Traction loss

Dunno if it's just me, but I have recently went back onto f1 2018 and realised straight away that the car is a lot more slidey on 2019 in regards to traction loss. I play with no traction and have for years but didn't realise how much different it was compared to last year's game. Surely this is a step back and totally wrong compared to irl ? 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

This has been confirmed by Sebastian Vettel in a video where it just said that traction control in real is much easier than in the game.

For me, it is unplayable because this year ai got a tremendous amount of traction when exiting corners.

I could not compete without medium traction control.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

My first F1 in 5 years or so and no TCS here..traction is s b*tch. It's particularly "fun" being pooled with assist users that just mash the throttle coming out of hairpins etc. Turn 2 or 3 at Austria, for instance. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I seriously don't want to believe that in real life cars are as stable as in-game as you can basically never lose control of the car without being able to catch it after some practice.

• Like 1

If you want to play with traction control, just turn it on. Please don't lobby for CM to change the way the game is now. It's harder than last years game, and that's a good thing.

• Agree 4

That game is VERY childish. 

I drive in a league with traction drivers. Last season, most guys was all 1 -2 seconds slower. That season, they are so fast linke me. They can drive a very aggressive handling and give 100% throttle ar apex.

That game destroy mix assists leagues. 

Most no assists have leave the league

• Agree 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:44 PM, inspiretheworld said:

Dunno if it's just me, but I have recently went back onto f1 2018 and realised straight away that the car is a lot more slidey on 2019 in regards to traction loss. I play with no traction and have for years but didn't realise how much different it was compared to last year's game. Surely this is a step back and totally wrong compared to irl ? 

Have to disagree with this, due to the removal of ballast the car is much more stable and predictable, you can predict better when the car is going to oversteer and when it's oversteering it's easier to correct the slide now

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, robin8f said:

Have to disagree with this, due to the removal of ballast the car is much more stable and predictable, you can predict better when the car is going to oversteer and when it's oversteering it's easier to correct the slide now

and now a honest answer.... with or without TC you?

15 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Can't speak for him but it is more stable with or without TC.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

I drive without assists, using a wheel

30 minutes ago, robin8f said:

okay, because there are a lot of people here talking that talk about grip and all, and then becomes clear that they all use TC in any form.

Understandable that you can't take people like that seriously since TC always catches slides. I've seen actions, national drift championship would be jealous. And there they go. Do that without TC, you see 20 barriers up close and personal.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, robin8f said:

I think @AlexTT just hasn't quite got to grips with this version yet.

Even with the standard set up it was easier.

Once you adapt the set up its fine assuming you stay off some of the kerbs. 

• Agree 1

I don't think some of you know what I'm meaning. With 2019 I feel it's easier to slip the rear wheels up compared to 2018 and to me that is a step backwards. Yes, I understand the ballast has been removed but what I'm getting at is the cars in 2018 were more like real life with traction compared to this year's game. 

People who are using half traction or full can't really understand what I mean unless you play both games without traction. 

• Disagree 1

Saw verstappen's on board pole lap video from the Hungarian gp and first thing that came to my mind was that he was pushing the throttle pedal very early and on curbs in various corners exit, literally impossible in the game! 

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, MrHawk said:

Saw verstappen's on board pole lap video from the Hungarian gp and first thing that came to my mind was that he was pushing the throttle pedal very early and on curbs in various corners exit, literally impossible in the game! 

I don't use TC and i sort of agree with your comment at the end.

Part of me thinks that a real F1 car's traction is probably closer to the medium TC setting on the game than the no TC setting.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

real F1 car's traction is probably closer to the medium TC

Totally agree and confirmed by Sebastian Vettel in a video trying F1 2019 spinning when accelerating in turn 3 in Silverstone that confessed a real f1 car is easier to drive on traction.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

Which video are you talking about @philappleraily?

This is not the latest version of the game but at 2:00 he was surprised by the lack of traction and span.

17 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

This is not the latest version of the game but at 2:00 he was surprised by the lack of traction and span.

Yeah not the 2019 game but i reckon it's clear medium TC is a closer representation to a real F1 car than the No TC setting is on codemasters games.

So a certain poster who claims all people should race without TC should probably consider that your asking people to race a non realistic setting.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I will need to give medium tc a go and see what it feels like... The ferrari sf17 in assetto corsa also felt pretty planted so will be interesting to compare.... 

So is the consensus that CM have given the rear end too little grip in traction? 

Posted (edited)

I figured that was the video you was talking about @philappleraily. From the date of the video it looks like they'r using the 2017 title and not the 2018 title. How can you compare a two year old title to a new title that has significant changes to it? The tires models aren't the same nor are the cars or physics. And to your and @inspiretheworld comment about more traction. That theory was already debunked by me through testing. You can go to this thread. I've done testing live and offered screens shots of my times compared to the AI's. 

Edited by Striker_703