Sign in to follow this  

Traction loss

53 minutes ago, SimracerGysepy said:

I will need to give medium tc a go and see what it feels like... The ferrari sf17 in assetto corsa also felt pretty planted so will be interesting to compare.... 

So is the consensus that CM have given the rear end too little grip in traction? 

Medium TC is ok. The back end steps out enough to make you feel like your still having to control the car.

It actually seems like the right balance IMO taking into account on a game you don't get that feeling underneath you like you would in a real car that the traction is going.

• Agree 1

I'm saying that the 2018 game has more traction then the 2019 game which is backwards as this year's irl cars have more traction.  You can tell this by the way they drive irl. I feel the backend wants to step out more then it should do in game and that shouldn't be the case. I'm trying to get the point over that in the 2019 game the traction slip is too much. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

OK, now that's different @inspiretheworld. I'm on a wheel and I've noticed if I'm using maximum camber in the rear it wants step out more. It was very apparent when I tested some of the TT set-ups along with some of my own. I'll have to test 2017 to see if the tire model has changed. 

I forgot about the tire pressure. Pending on where it was at the tires would heat up faster along with over heating causing the car to slide more.

Edited by Striker_703
Forgot about tire pressure

Even adjusting all the different setup options I still feel as though it slips too much. I've tried lowering the pressures, camber, suspension and even tried every variation there is when it comes to differential. Still slips too much. 

I know it's going to be very difficult for them to emulate the real life cars as only the drivers will know what it is truly like and the last time I checked the drivers don't make the handling model 😆😆😆😆 so guess we are stuck.  

I just really think they have went a step backwards in regards to the slip of the wheel with no traction. Imo.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Medium TC is ok. The back end steps out enough to make you feel like your still having to control the car.

It actually seems like the right balance IMO taking into account on a game you don't get that feeling underneath you like you would in a real car that the traction is going.

I was als going to mention that in the video with vettel, he obviously cannot feel the car beneath him so all that he and us all have to go buy are visual queues and steering feel

3 hours ago, inspiretheworld said:

Even adjusting all the different setup options I still feel as though it slips too much. I've tried lowering the pressures, camber, suspension and even tried every variation there is when it comes to differential. Still slips too much. 

I know it's going to be very difficult for them to emulate the real life cars as only the drivers will know what it is truly like and the last time I checked the drivers don't make the handling model 😆😆😆😆 so guess we are stuck.  

I just really think they have went a step backwards in regards to the slip of the wheel with no traction. Imo.

You are right, there is a really fine line between getting it right and the back end stepping out. I like it though, it feels on the edge..... Are you getting the oversteer on corner exit when you put the throttle down? 

57 minutes ago, SimracerGysepy said:

You are right, there is a really fine line between getting it right and the back end stepping out. I like it though, it feels on the edge..... Are you getting the oversteer on corner exit when you put the throttle down? 

I think it's just all traction in general. Could be a little more traction on all aspects of the track. 

I found the slipping to be a bit more random and harder to correct. Don't know what it is.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I was sliding around a bit at Spain in free practice and I had long suspected that the soft suspension setups that are popular on time trial are partly to blame for some of the sudden sliding as soft suspensions can be lungy on acceleration. That fixed most of the sliding issues I was having there. (Going from 2-2 to 4-4. 3-3 seemed stable but I went up a bit more to play it safe.) The other thing I discovered racing at Spain kind of shocked me. When I was following cars closely I would suddenly lose downforce. (Leading to me sliding off running into the start finish straight.) I think a lot of these were my 'mystery' slides because frankly it took me by complete surprise that the dirty air effect is this much more dramatic in this game given that the new regs are supposed to make following cars easier. Anyway keeping those things in mind I will hopefully find myself with a lot less sliding moments.

Edited by Zachrulez

19 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

I think a lot of these were my 'mystery' slides because frankly it took me by complete surprise that the dirty air effect is this much more dramatic in this game given that the new regs are supposed to make following cars easier. Anyway keeping those things in mind I will hopefully find myself with a lot less sliding moments.

Yeah although the regs were designed that way, the cars are not designed with the intention to be good in traffic.

They are just designed to be as fast as possible.

3 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

The other thing I discovered racing at Spain kind of shocked me. When I was following cars closely I would suddenly lose downforce. (Leading to me sliding off running into the start finish straight.)

I thought there was model change to the areo. It's was so sudden in 2018. Looks like I'll be trying to tire model later. Thanks lol.

3 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Yeah although the regs were designed that way, the cars are not designed with the intention to be good in traffic.

They are just designed to be as fast as possible.

What I was trying to convey is that it's actually worse than it was in the 2018 game and really shouldn't be.

6 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

What I was trying to convey is that it's actually worse than it was in the 2018 game and really shouldn't be.

Is it worse or is it just a better representation of driving in traffic? 

Personally i think its quite good.