Please CM, honor to handbrake! It's a rally game!

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, I read (here and on reddit) some posts about the lack of handbrake range and I'm totally agree on their point of view. We need an useful handbrake. At moment, its use is more an handicap than a benefit. IMHO, this is the biggest Dirt Rally 2.0 lack and the community need it more of every eyecandy addition, liveries, etc.

Please guys, try to give the right attention to this post.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by orangejuiced83
  • Agree 5

Yeah, I agree.  The sensitivity/range needs to be fixed up.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Yeah, I agree.  The sensitivity/range needs to be fixed up.

And it should have deadzone and saturation settings just like for pedal inputs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Yep, just a normal controller axis.

• Like 1

Hello, I see you’re talking about the hand brake, and I have a question:
Does the analog handbrake work on Dirt Rally2.0?
because I have a TH8A lever that you can put in analog if you want to use it as a hand brake, and so I would have liked to know if DR2 supports this feature...
Thank you.

I mean it acts like a hydraulic handbrake should.  Any pull on it and it locks the rears.

Yes, but does it lock gradually if you only pull it in half and not just "on/off"?

15 minutes ago, Sims55 said:

Yes, but does it lock gradually if you only pull it in half and not just "on/off"?

It is "gradual" but it goes from 0 - 100% lock way too fast so that it feels like it is almost just on/off. It needs adjusting so that the window to pull on it for 20% is bigger.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Okay, thank you, but if I understand correctly, it’s codemasters that have to settle worry, because we don’t know how to adjust it ourselves?

47 minutes ago, Sims55 said:

Okay, thank you, but if I understand correctly, it’s codemasters that have to settle worry, because we don’t know how to adjust it ourselves?

Yeah it will be 100x easier to do on CM's side than ours. We could probably do some weird software hacks to spoof HUGE handbrake inputs and then try to fine-tune it from there, but it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Analogue handbrake support is something I added to the internal wishlist recently.

That doesn't guarantee that something will happen but at least the people that monitor the community feedback area(s) can see it 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Sims55 said:

Hello, I see you’re talking about the hand brake, and I have a question:
Does the analog handbrake work on Dirt Rally2.0?
because I have a TH8A lever that you can put in analog if you want to use it as a hand brake, and so I would have liked to know if DR2 supports this feature...
Thank you.

yes it does, as i have the same shifter in handbrake mode but as op says the range needs work.once you get accustomed to how it works you should get a feel for it.p.s use some strong rubber bands so its just one movement instead of 2.if your unsure what i'm on about look on youtube.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, mwoodski said:

I mean it acts like a hydraulic handbrake should.  Any pull on it and it locks the rears.

That's not exactly how a hydraulic brake works.  Your foot brake is also hydraulic.  You can vary the pressure on the handle.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, bn880 said:

That's not exactly how a hydraulic brake works.  Your foot brake is also hydraulic.  You can vary the pressure on the handle.

Every single car I've driven with a hydro handbrake is 100% lockup with the lightest pull.

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Every single car I've driven with a hydro handbrake is 100% lockup with the lightest pull.

Depends which MC is used and what lever ratio.