Jump to content

It's time for telemetry

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, kevinkirk said:

Consoles would have to use UDP. If this game is like last years the UDP isnt sending out all that much information thur it  like PCars does. The games UDP is only sending basic things like what you see on your dash and info thats basically meant for being able to use shaker rigs when playing the game. Like I said, last years game was like that and I dont know if they added more information being sent for this one.   Maybe someone from codemasters could tell us what information is and isnt being sent thur console UDP.

It does send out a good bit if Data, but they really need to set the ingame settings to some meaningful numbers.... 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a post by @Zeraxx in the "F1 2019 Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com" thread (couldn't figure out how to quote from another thread):

The manual addresses a lot of the things you brought up, first the car selection is a "generic" car list it's not meant to be for one game like you suggested to help people get an idea what IR they might need. for F1 2019, the only inputs you need to enter are wheelbase and track width. 

F1 2019 actually supports quite a few data channels more than games like ACC. I think F1 2019 supports more than 75% of the available data channels. 

Supported_Channels.png

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dwin20 said:

This is a post by @Zeraxx in the "F1 2019 Telemtry App, RacingSimTools.com" thread (couldn't figure out how to quote from another thread):

The manual addresses a lot of the things you brought up, first the car selection is a "generic" car list it's not meant to be for one game like you suggested to help people get an idea what IR they might need. for F1 2019, the only inputs you need to enter are wheelbase and track width. 

F1 2019 actually supports quite a few data channels more than games like ACC. I think F1 2019 supports more than 75% of the available data channels. 

Supported_Channels.png

One of the biggest problems with f1 2019 is they do not have any damper related setup options. Its a critical setup option in any formula car

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I know that there are some MAC base tools out there as well. I'll take a look through a list I have later and I'll send you a private message @Hammerpgh62.

The ikorein app works on a MAC - as it is Java based - so it works on a variety of platforms. I have a MAC and that is what I currently use...  However if there are others you come across would be interested to hear about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

One of the biggest problems with f1 2019 is they do not have any damper related setup options. Its a critical setup option in any formula car

F1 2019 is basically an arcade, with some little hints of simulation. Having complete control of the setup and telemetry is perfectly useless for the purposes of performance, just because the engine is not realized to give us a real simulation of an F1 car. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Algarde said:

F1 2019 is basically an arcade, with some little hints of simulation. Having complete control of the setup and telemetry is perfectly useless for the purposes of performance, just because the engine is not realized to give us a real simulation of an F1 car. 

In my opinion, if you look at the setups from time trial you will find that it's mostly worthless to waist to much time for setups. Find a setup which feels good and you will be fast. There is mostly no wrong or right, except wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Algarde said:

F1 2019 is basically an arcade, with some little hints of simulation. Having complete control of the setup and telemetry is perfectly useless for the purposes of performance, just because the engine is not realized to give us a real simulation of an F1 car. 

@Algarde curious as to how you think the engine not realized to give a simulation? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

In my opinion, if you look at the setups from time trial you will find that it's mostly worthless to waist to much time for setups. Find a setup which feels good and you will be fast. There is mostly no wrong or right, except wings.

Its pointless in time trial, the reason the crazy camber + suspension setups exist in the first place is simply because CM insist on tyre temps fixed to 100c. Therefore tyre temp does not matter in tt. They realy need a tt option with all settings availabe the same as GP mode... Tyres degrade and temps affected... Otherwise its not the fastest people its the people who can exploit the games physics to suit a single lap. 

Edited by SimracerGysepy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SimracerGysepyI think Codemasters were trying to setup a lap where the idea was to set the mechanical and aero grip - and then driving to hit corner apexes correctly. 

I like being able to practice hitting the apexes as a separate exercise - but you are right as a simulation part of the challenge is getting the right tire temperature throughout the lap.

So the idea of having an option to turn this on and off is a good one - since, as you point out, they do it in other modes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, SimracerGysepy said:
On 8/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, SimracerGysepy said:

It does send out a good bit if Data, but they really need to set the ingame settings to some meaningful numbers.... 

One of the biggest problems with f1 2019 is they do not have any damper related setup options. Its a critical setup option in any formula car

is that good bit off data sent in both shared memory like PC uses and UDP like console uses? Because in the 2018 game it wasnt, making UDP console users only able to have much more basic apps than PC shared memory users had because of the much less data being sent thur UDP than was being sent thur shared memory.  Just make sure when your reading whats being sent its talking about UDP and not shared memory because they are different things if you are using it on consoles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kevinkirk said:

is that good bit off data sent in both shared memory like PC uses and UDP like console uses? Because in the 2018 game it wasnt, making UDP console users only able to have much more basic apps than PC shared memory users had because of the much less data being sent thur UDP than was being sent thur shared memory.  Just make sure when your reading whats being sent its talking about UDP and not shared memory because they are different things if you are using it on consoles. 

It is sent via UDP on console, i have no idea about PC as i dont use ine for gaming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kevinkirk To be sure I understood you - that the UDP is just the data that Codemasters transmits - that some telemetry apps for the PC version of the game have access to more data because they can look directly in to the realtime files the program is creating/using - which means there are other elements in the car modeling that the UDP does not reflect... Is that correct? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dwin20 said:

@kevinkirk To be sure I understood you - that the UDP is just the data that Codemasters transmits - that some telemetry apps for the PC version of the game have access to more data because they can look directly in to the realtime files the program is creating/using - which means there are other elements in the car modeling that the UDP does not reflect... Is that correct? Thanks

 To be honest I just cant wrap my head around the inner working of either. What ever I find to read about it, its  much to over my head to understand how each works. I cant understand the lingo of what it says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen if the telemetry apps that was developed for 2018 will work with 2019? With the titles being so close together and not much of a turn around for CM in development they should work. I need to build PC just for sim-racing lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

Has anyone seen if the telemetry apps that was developed for 2018 will work with 2019? With the titles being so close together and not much of a turn around for CM in development they should work. I need to build PC just for sim-racing lol. 

The Sim Dashboard app for android definitely works and was updated for 2019 specifically. Although that app is mostly for real-time session/car info to use as a dash rather than telemetry such as graphs and physics for setups. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

Has anyone seen if the telemetry apps that was developed for 2018 will work with 2019? With the titles being so close together and not much of a turn around for CM in development they should work. I need to build PC just for sim-racing lol. 

Iko Rein's app version 9.1 works on both, and he says you can compare laps between F1 2018 and F1 2019 - although I have never tried it. Here is the link:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-application.27456/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rsDash also works with F1 2019. I've been using this for a long time across the F1 series of games and Project Cars and would not want to be without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I should have gotten rsDash a long time AGO. The amount of information smh. If I would had when I was learning how to set-up the cars in PC2. Man lol.

'Addition no need to make another post when it's I making that post'

The data can be sent to anywhere over the internet. This could be a great tool for teams. You have someone that good at set-ups. You just got a engineer.  

Edited by Striker_703
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Striker_703 It really is a fantastic piece of work. The online portal part of it is superb and apart from everything else it is a perfect way to keep a history of every lap you run and race you compete in.

I am in touch with the developer regularly and he is always responsive to any queries and requests I make for either myself or other members of the leagues I run in.

I'm glad you are finding it useful and good to have another enthusiastic user on board.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I should have gotten rsDash a long time AGO. The amount of information smh. If I would had when I was learning how to set-up the cars in PC2. Man lol.

'Addition no need to make another post when it's I making that post'

The data can be sent to anywhere over the internet. This could be a great tool for teams. You have someone that good at set-ups. You just got a engineer.  

What do you mean by "You just got an engineer?" Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, inspiretheworld said:

Loving this app for Android. So cool. 

 

Which app is that. I use rsDash for Android and i'll be sticking with that because of everything it provides but am always happy to check anything else out. Does this provide only live data or does it also provide information that you can check out post session\race?

Edited by Hammerpgh62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hammerpgh62 said:

Which app is that. I use rsDash for Android and i'll be sticking with that because of everything it provides but am always happy to check anything else out. Does this provide only live data or does it also provide information that you can check out post session\race?

It's Sim dashbboard. It's only live data. What sort of stuff can you get through the one you use ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×