Sign in to follow this  

The realistic way to play + Hot seat multiplayer solution

If anyone is feeling that the damage is not hardcore enough and the tire choice is pointless due to hardly any wear, it's probably because you are driving in events MUCH shorter than would be in real life. An average day in a WRC event would start with a 15 min service in the morning, then around 4 stages, then a 30 min service at midday, then those same 4 stages driven again in the afternoon. 

So if you want to replicate a typical day of a real WRC rally event, make a Custom Championship. Choose a country, and then add only the 4 long stages (these are MUCH closer to a real stage length), then add the same 4 stages again in the same order (so 8 stages total). I am aware the 4 stages are not totally unique, but the reverse versions make them feel different enough. Now add a 15 min service on stage 1 and a 30 min service on stage 5. As for weather conditions, I like to choose daytime dry for the first four stages, and daytime/sunset wet for the last 4 stages (driving after sunset in WRC is very rare)

Of course have Hardcore Damage ON. Driving 4 long stages before a service means that damage will finally be something you will worry about, and you will be forced to drive much more carefully. Also, you can no longer get away with always choosing soft tires.

Hot Seat Multiplayer:

Now if you want to experience hot seat multiplayer like RBR, save the event. You can save up to 12 events, which means you can make this type of event for all countries. Choose one of the saved events, and after you finish the first stage, quit and create a new championship (this one will be for your friend). Load the same event and have them start their championship. after they finish the first stage, quit, and you will now see you have 2 suspended championships in the RESUME section. So now you can just take turns to do the stages in your own championship. The reason for doing it this way is that you each have your own car damage carried over and your own overall event times saved. After the last stage just look at your overall times to determine who won between you and your friend.

Edited by A-M-A-R-85
  • Like 3

Huh I didn't realize the "save event" actually took a screenshot essentially of the current event and its drivers. I figured it just saved the event setup for location/weather/etc...

Saving the event is only saving the location/weather etc. But if you quit out of it at any point in the event, it will stay in the RESUME section, (where it will say 1 championship suspended) and keep track of what stage you are currently on. But the reason why hot seat multiplayer is now possible is that you can start another event for your friend, which will also be saved in the RESUME section (and it will now say 2 championships suspended). This is really great news for those who loved playing RBR hot seat multiplayer. 

• Like 1

Good work around, I can see how this would work well... though it's quite a bit of note taking to compare times as you go.

This seems like a feature that would be quite feasible for CM's to build into the game if they were so inclined - it would certainly make the comparisons and seat swaps easier if you had more than 2 people. They could also have you run in order, based on ongoing championship standings so that track degradation came into play. We can only dream.

• Like 1

I just found this thread after searching and I agree it is a good workaround but.......

Can we please have this hot seat option added to the game?

The menu even implies it might be possible where it says

'Players: 1/8 Offline'

Also much needed is an extra column showing the file name in the Resume Championship section.