Sign in to follow this  

Rally 2.0 Oculus DLC?

I got the Oculus version because I heard that the Steam version doesn't work well on the Rift.  Fine.  I have the game.  I don't see any DLC.  I don't see any option to purchase DLC.  What are the plans?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteaveG said:

I got the Oculus version because I heard that the Steam version doesn't work well on the Rift.  Fine.  I have the game.  I don't see any DLC.  I don't see any option to purchase DLC.  What are the plans?

As mentioned in the Press Release:

http://www.codemasters.com/dirt-rally-2-0-vr-puts-players-in-the-driving-seat/

* All DiRT Rally 2.0 post release content will be made available for Oculus at a later date.

Based on this information, I upgraded my Oculus store score from a 3 to 5.  I do hope it won't be long in coming.  It stinks that Vive users can get the whole game now.  Not complaining though; I'm just happy to have it on Rift.  It is glorious.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, SteaveG said:

Based on this information, I upgraded my Oculus store score from a 3 to 5.  I do hope it won't be long in coming.  It stinks that Vive users can get the whole game now.  Not complaining though; I'm just happy to have it on Rift.  It is glorious.

Vive users have the same performance problems Oculus users do. The game's VR performance is gimped on Steam across the board. It would actually be semi-acceptable if Vive users had an inferior experience on Steam (hear me out) due to OpenVR, because from the outset Codemasters have never discussed VR support for anything but Oculus headsets. At least that ****** act would be slightly defensible.

The decision to not include Oculus APIs for Oculus owners who have the Steam version (and instead keep that option and performance increase for the full price Oculus Store version) is tantamount to bait and switch of the highest order. Codemasters want (and Oculus want) Rift owners to feel compelled to repurchase the whole damn game again.

The one thing that kept me hanging on to hope for this game, through the months of borked FFB, impenetrable rain, alien AI and uncounted other insane bugs... was the promise of VR. It's completely gut wrenching how that too has been delivered with complete inadequacy.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JesseDeya said:

Codemasters want (and Oculus want) Rift owners to feel compelled to repurchase the whole damn game again.

You know I'd even somewhat understand that. You make a deal with Oculus to get money, and then make Rift owners buy it again there to make even more money, standard greedy executive that doesn't care about consumers or reputation stuff. But to not make the DE or any DLC available on the Oculus version is just utterly ridiculous, purposely making Oculus owners unable to experience the full game, even if they'd pay double for it.

• Agree 1

Any update on this ? When the **** are we going to get these DLCs available on the Oculus version ? Later date does not mean anything. When are we going to get the same content of the Steam Version ?
This is really taking way too long considering the money we have spent to purchase the game 

14 hours ago, koog2003 said:

When are we going to get the same content of the Steam Version ?

Probably about the same time we (Steam users) get the same VR performance as the Oculus Version, I'd be thinking in months, not days or weeks.

• Agree 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, JesseDeya said:

Probably about the same time we (Steam users) get the same VR performance as the Oculus Version, I'd be thinking in months, not days or weeks.

This is very sad ruthless marketing policy by Codemasters. Really really sad.

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 12:06 AM, PJTierney said:

16 days passed since your answer and still no date, no DLCs and no Multiplayer. Do you really thing this is a correct way to treat your customers that spent the money of the same (or even more) money of others for a version of the game that is crippled and does not allow any multiplayer whatsoever ? I am really shocked by the lack of correctness of Codemasters. Yes the game is great but what the hell ?

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

@koog2003 DLC: No date because things aren’t finalised yet.

Multiplayer: Lobbies aren’t crossplay, Leaderboards and Clubs are.

Just now, PJTierney said:

@koog2003 DLC: No date because things aren’t finalised yet.

Multiplayer: Lobbies aren’t crossplay, Leaderboards and Clubs are.

Thank you for your answer. I understood lobbies are not cross play but there is never anyone when you browse. Where are the Oculus players that are supposed to show up on the Oculus version ? There is nobody to play with and I doubt with all the amount of sales done that nobody is willing to play multiplayer with the Oculus. So once again where are the Oculus players ?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@Malling you give a thumb down and you dont have VR, you dont have Oculus. What the **** is wrong with you ? Mind your own business !

Edited by koog2003

So the question is:

Where are the other Oculus players in the Oculus version ? Why when you do FIND A GAME there are NEVER any results ?
@PJTierney could you please explain me that ? I dont believe that the thousands of people that bought the Oculus version dont want to play multiplayer ....

I imagine many of them are focusing on Single Player, both because they’re learning how to play, getting used to everything and ultimately because the main features of Rally are satisfied with Single Player and Leaderboards since ultimately you’re against the clock.

Over time more will try out multiplayer (where Rallycross works well) but I’m not surprised if Lobbies are quieter in comparison right now.

• Agree 1