Sign in to follow this  

Dirty online racers in F1 2019!

I'm getting sick and tired of dirty drivers in ranked games in F12019! Every other race, some **** crashes into me, either they drive into the back of my car, or into the side and push me out, and on every first lap I have to pit and change nose! It really takes the fun out of the game! How is it possible that I get hit from behind and I get a warning for collision?

How do I report dirty drivers? I can't see any replays and the highlights don't show names! It's really annoying! You need to fix this ASAP!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

5 lap race? 

How do you propose they fix it? Taking into account a computer cannot yet tell who caused an accident.

Edited by SIMRACER123

Mostly in 5 laps race, yes. But also in the 25% races, although I haven't driven to many 25% races. 

7 minutes ago, EhsanMomeni said:

Mostly in 5 laps race, yes. But also in the 25% races, although I haven't driven to many 25% races. 

25% races generally are ok.

5 lap races should be avoided. People are forced to be aggressive due to the race being just 5 laps.

Guess I'm be racing 25% from now on. It's real shame that Codemasters can't fix it, because 5 lap races are faster and you get to drive on so many circuits, which makes it more fun. I've joined two leagues, hopefully, it's clean races there. 

1 minute ago, EhsanMomeni said:

Guess I'm be racing 25% from now on. It's real shame that Codemasters can't fix it, because 5 lap races are faster and you get to drive on so many circuits, which makes it more fun. I've joined two leagues, hopefully, it's clean races there. 

Realistically there is no fix other than to increase the 5 lap races to say 10 laps to make people realise that races do not need to be won at turn 1 of lap 1.

• Agree 2

I am yet to venture on-line in F1-2019. However I agree with @SIMRACER123as I noticed that in F1-2018 that some most of the drivers were much more aggressive (stupid) in the 5-lap races as opposed to the 25% races.

The racing seems better in the 25% races, however often I'd start a race with 10-14 other drivers, but if they damaged their car, or spun out, during the first few laps, they would decide to leave the race. So after only 2 or 3 laps, there would often only be 2 - 3 drivers left racing the remaining laps of the race  😧 That's kinda disappointing.

I'm going to try Multiplayer (Online) racing for the first time in F1-2019 tomorrow. 

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid 🤷‍♂️ but I definitely think there should be a system where depending on your safety rating and the amount of penalties and collisions you've had over a number of races you would get a ban for a short period of time like 24 hours to start which then increases the more bans you get. 

8 minutes ago, ThunderCats101 said:

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid 🤷‍♂️ but I definitely think there should be a system where depending on your safety rating and the amount of penalties and collisions you've had over a number of races you would get a ban for a short period of time like 24 hours to start which then increases the more bans you get. 

But if you were rear ended say 10 times through no fault of your own would you be happy being banned? 

Probably not.

8 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

But if you were rear ended say 10 times through no fault of your own would you be happy being banned? 

Probably not.

The exact reason I didn't give specifc numbers and said depending on safety rating, penalties and collisions. Youve got bad luck if you get rammed 10 races in a row... 

4 minutes ago, ThunderCats101 said:

The exact reason I didn't give specifc numbers and said depending on safety rating, penalties and collisions. Youve got bad luck if you get rammed 10 races in a row... 

My point is that given a computer cannot assign fault, banning people based on number of collisions doesn't work.

Something is different after this patch. I was a strong A in safety for a long time and inside of a few races where all 3 I was knocked out by a wreckless driver, I'm down to B. So now B and C drivers are in the 25% lobbies and it is a wreck fest.

Done with Ranked, maybe they'll fix whatever the hell it is they broke. Which is something, because it was generally bad to begin with. 

On 8/9/2019 at 11:01 PM, EhsanMomeni said:

I'm getting sick and tired of dirty drivers in ranked games in F12019! Every other race, some **** crashes into me, either they drive into the back of my car, or into the side and push me out, and on every first lap I have to pit and change nose! It really takes the fun out of the game! How is it possible that I get hit from behind and I get a warning for collision?

How do I report dirty drivers? I can't see any replays and the highlights don't show names! It's really annoying! You need to fix this ASAP!

I could not agree with you more - I started a thread on this as didn’t see this one ! It’s ridiculous the amount of idiots you get. They don’t understand fair racing. If they don’t like it - why do they even do online racing. People like myself, and you clearly, race fair. We need specific lobby’s where we have people who want to race fair and not be idiots when they lose position and get angry. Makes it less fun. I stopped playing online for today as every race someone decided it would be good for them to smash me. It ruins the race as fun. 

I’m up for creating a lobby for people like yourself and others who want fair racing.

My gamer tag is ansjones__

• Agree 1

Whenever I go into a ranked lobby I mostly just accept that someone is going to hit me and just try to make sure the car survives it.

• Agree 1