Sign in to follow this  

League Data Base/Sort Leagues

I've been looking over the Dirt Rally League page. I got through nineteen out of one hundred ninety one or two and just stop looking. The design of the page is just awful, it wasn't thoroughly thought through. To make things more user friendly, the user base should be able to find 'besides through friends or word of mouth' a league by region, time/day, class and setting that best suits the driver/player. Along with looking over the forums, members that start leagues give little if none information on what the league is about or based on. Having a UI that allows the person to give details about that league will help a great deal when finding a league. Giving the name of the league, members and join button doesn't work. I don't know what that league offers.

What are the thoughts of the user base on this matter? 

Any decent league should try to fit at least a descriptive text about that league, no? For the bigger ones it helps having a website to just drop a link to, but in general the problem is also the reason there aren't many more identifying factors about these leagues, they vary in pretty much anything, aside from again, the bigger ones. So I think it'd be hard to give anyone more information that isn't already there.

Then again I'm no genius, so I may very well miss some possible solutions or ideas that would influence the discussion, as a league organizer myself, either having a website or writing a small pastebin, Google Docs documents, etc. and providing a link in said descriptive text, should be enough, no? Think it's easier to solve from the league owner than for Codemasters to implement anything concrete about this.

You're correct @SereneLogic that any decent league should give a brief statement on what that leagues offers. But how will you attract those people to your league or club? By members of the league or word of mouth. Now perhaps you want to make a league just for fun, nothing hardcore and you just want to get the name out there. And you use what is given to you in this case the Dirt 2.0 website. Go to the site with the mindset of someone that is looking for a club to join. You don't of any through word of mouth or any out lite for that matter. Let me know what you think after you look though the site. I'm going off my background in website design and development, which is why I wanted to start this thread.   

It's definitely an issue if you're only going off the website, but everything nowadays goes with social media and word of mouth, either through friends or by online lobbies. You'd need a third-party website to have a database of leagues, as that's not what Codemasters is after.